This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You know that feeling when a trailer just blows you away..?

edited December 2008 in Video Games
oGlhgVz5r6E
Yeah. Wow. I can't believe I haven't heard about this before.

Just for good measure:
VysrUsrhKbQ

Comments

• Black Mesa Source has been in the making for a while now. Glad to see it's still in production, and a lot further than the last time I seen it. I'm surprised Valve hasn't picked this up as an official release yet.
  • Please don't be vaporware...please don't be vaporware...
  • I'm actually pretty excited about Black Mesa.
  • Yeah, Black Mesa Source looks like its turning out awesome.
  • You know that feeling when a trailer just blows you away..?
    It usually leads to great disappointment.
  • edited December 2008
    They've been promising to release it since 2006.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Uhh, it's Half-Life, guys. I'm not really sure what the big deal is. New cinematics? So what?
    I'm surprised Valve hasn't picked this up as an official release yet.
    Because they already made Half-Life: Source >_>
  • Because they already made Half-Life: Source >_>
    That was a big disappointment.
  • edited December 2008
    You know that feeling when a trailer just blows you away..?
    The first thing that came to mind when I read this was Cloverfield. Yeah, that turned out well.
    Post edited by One Sin on
  • Because they already made Half-Life: Source >_>
    That was a big disappointment.
    That's your fault for thinking it was any more than it actually was. It's Half-Life on the Source engine, no more, no less.
  • New cinematics?
    ...Have you played Half Life?
  • ...Have youplayedHalf Life?
    Twice. Four times if you count Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

Just because you can still move during them doesn't mean I can't call them cinematics.
  • They probably aren't buying them since if they let them make it and then buy them out, they don't have to pay any development costs in its production.
  • That's your fault for thinking it was any more than it actually was. It's Half-Life on the Source engine, no more, no less.
    Technically you're right, but that doesn't make me less pissed off or disappointed.
    There has been no news on this for the past year.

From Kotaku: It's Your Annual Black Mesa Update.

In other news, I still fail to see this as anything worthy of anticipation.
    There has been no news on this for the past year.

From Kotaku:It's Your Annual Black Mesa Update.

In other news, I still fail to see this as anything worthy of anticipation.
    Well look at you, King Pooh-Pooh. Don't knock it till ya try it (providing if doesn't go the way of the Phantom). I actually sort of like that expression, maybe that should be the video game variant of "way of the dodo".
  • edited December 2009
    I do not find new visuals added to a game that I've already played multiple times to be very exciting.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Sail, do you replay your games? If so then can you say that improved visuals can make the experience more enjoyable? BM:S is not going to be a different game but it will however be a different experience. I personally like the idea of bringing HL1 up to HL2 visual standards, and if it ever comes out, I will play it with gleeful abandon.
  • Oh I'll play it alright, and most likely with gleeful abandon, but it's not worthy of my anticipation.
  • Oh I'll play it alright, and most likely with gleeful abandon, but it's not worthy of my anticipation.
    I guess that's fair.
    I guess that's fair.
    Seconded.
  • it's not worthy of my anticipation.
    Completely unlike Bayonetta...
  • That feeling when a trailer gets blown away?
  • Completely unlike Bayonetta...
    Have you played the demo? There are literally no words for how incredible that game is. It is beyond language.
  • ...DAT ASS

...THOSE POLYGONS

...DAT NORMAL MAP
  • ...DAT ASS
  • edited December 2009
    Andrew, you are full of class and it is wonderful.

And yes, I have played the demo and it is going to be the best game of next year.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • WTF?
    This.

And hey, I liked Cloverfield.