This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Decide on the Show Format

2»

Comments

• I enjoy the TOTD segments and would miss them if they went away.
  • Things of the day are fine where they are, I like having the main bit last because once in a while I don't like the subject so I can listen to the beginning of the show and then stop.
  • I agree with trogdor. Also, please keep the news!
  • Before I cast my vote I'd like some clarification on what is meant by "news" vs "two news".

I was going to vote for one of the last two (and chime in in agreeance that they are essentially the same) when I noticed that option four said "two news" as opposed to all of the others which only said "news". Is this to mean that with all of those other options only one of you will give a single story? If so, that sucks. I like two news. I know you had mentioned something about only one news in a show but I didn't know it was set in stone. With those options up there it looks as if your minds are made up as to how many news.

About the whole ending bit. I don't agree that a good "wind down" thing is needed at the end. It's not like jogging where you want to do some light shag-run at the end to ease out of it. I do think the shows where you sort of peter out at the end are not as good but it's not like it's a deal breaker or anything. Hell, I never even thought about it until it was mentioned above.

The ends I think are the best are when you're right in the middle of talking about something and someone says something funny / insightful and then WHAM in comes the closing music. It's apparent that the discussion continues and we want to be a part of it but can't. I know some would say that sucks but it lends a much more dynamic feel to it. It almost feels more professional in a way. Like you planned it that way as opposed to an actually planned "this is the last part" bit. I know you can't always have it end like that but there you go.

Anyway, I'd like to hold off a bit longer on my vote until there is some light shed on how many news bits per show there will be. Also, I'd like to echo starfox in asking if there is a time we will have all the options that we will have and should then vote.
  • edited October 2006
    I like the current format. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited October 2006
    I agree with Sonic: the regular format is just fine.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I like hearing listener feedback (ie. the Geekback) but they have to be good. I think the Anime World Order would be better if they cut down on the amount of listener emails they read during a show and only read them if they were interesting, relevant or hilarious. Putting the feedback at the end is a nice way to wrap up an episode.
  • I like hearing listener feedback (ie. the Geekback) but they have to be good. I think the Anime World Order would be better if they cut down on the amount of listener emails they read during a show and only read them if they were interesting, relevant or hilarious. Putting the feedback at the end is a nice way to wrap up an episode.
    I'd be willing to toss a geekback or two at the end of some of the shorter episodes. If we get some really good ones, we'll do it. Make sure you don't send a comment that is better to reply to via e-mail or one that requires a long reply.
  • edited December 2006
    Considering that Thursday is your "do fuck whatever" day, why not put any and all Geekback content on the Thursday show? I like the idea of listeners being able to receive on-air feedback, but I do have to agree that the news bits are generally more entertaining and insightful.

Exactly. TheWhaleShark:1, Teh rest of us:0
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
    I'd be willing to toss a geekback or two at the end of some of the shorter episodes. If we get some really good ones, we'll do it. Make sure you don't send a comment that is better to reply to via e-mail or one that requires a long reply.
    If the "GeekBack" is moved to the back of the episode, unless it is relevant to the topic or particularly interesting, then most people would probably skip over it. The content's complete and the podcast would be considered "over". If that ends up being the case, then there is no point in putting a GeekBack in the episode in the first place, right?
  • I personally think you should read more GeekBacks. Mostly for the people who don't have an account on the forums.
  • You can lurk with or without an account, and creating an account takes all of a minute or so, while I don't mind Geekback episodes or generally hearing Rym and Scott riff on things, that's kind of a silly reason