This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

War has been declared on Youtube and/or Warner Music Groups

13»

Comments

• So YouTube is within their power to let this happen then?
    Youtube can do whatever it wants.
  • So YouTube is within their power to let this happen then?
    I actually typed that exact response, or near enough, but deleted it because I remembered posting the exact same response previously in this very thread. Isn't it obvious?
  • edited February 2009
    I realize Youtube can do whatever it wants, but I don't see any connection between Senses Fail, BTBAM, Primus, (other than that they are musical artists using similar instruments...) and how the videos/songs are seemingly cherry picked and not all of them are being taken down.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2009
    So YouTube is within their power to let this happen then?
    What if we don't wanna pay for the music (I know DRM is gone from music, but a lot of us high school kids don't have jobs or money) or we don't feel like Limewiring or torrenting it due to the fact that any of them could have a rootkit or a trojan embedded? It's a pretty decent service (or at least was) to just look up the song you feel like listening to and just listen with not problems at all.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Go back and read through the messages in on the first page of this discussion thread. If you still want to make redundant points or ask silly question, do so then.
  • What if we don't wanna pay for the music [...] or we don't feel like Limewiring or torrenting it due to the fact that any of them could have a rootkit or a trojan embedded?
    If you want a technological solution, Linux+Bittorrent. Really now, don't complain about things like that.
  • Linux + Bittorrent isn't always that great of an idea if you only want 1 or 2 songs to sample from an artist. However, myspace music, purevolume, mixturtle, and all related shit are pretty decent sources.