This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090203 - Gravity Bone

2»

Comments

• Well I've played Gravity Bone a couple time already; and yes, the chase scene is one of the best one I've played through. It's simple to control and whatever else Günter said; and the graphics helped a lot, because it allowed you to have a moment of suspending your disbeliefs. The last time was Mirror's Edge, where some of the chases are decent at best. In all the ones where you chase someone, the target person just stands there and taunts you then runs off.
  • Earthbound/Mother is pretty awesome. I'm a big fan. Have you played the fan translation? You're right, the ROM isn't quite as good, but you could always buy a flash cart and flash M3 and the translation onto it. Granted, I can't tell you where to get the ROM, but that's easy.
  • Oh mans, that was so lame.
    You know what? I don't understand all these dork guys on the internet who complain about girls/relationships. If you hate it all that much, don't bother?
    It's like...if these men hate marriage, why do they do it?
    Most gamers are young males. They probably all think all interactions with women go just one way. They're not ready for the True Myriad of Roads of the Relationship.
  • edited February 2009
    Ok, what the hell just went wrong....?

------ Renderer Initialization ------
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 1906 MHz w/ MMX+ 3DNow!+ SSE2
    RAM: 1917 MB
    Initializing OpenGL display
    ...setting mode 9: 1280x1024 FS
    ...attempting fullscreen
    ...using desktop display depth of 32
    ...calling CDS: failed
    ...calling CDS assuming dual monitors: failed
    ...setting windowed mode
    GLimp_Init() - no hardware acceleration detected.
    Please install drivers provided by your video card/GPU vendor.
    VID_CreateWindow() - GLimp_InitGL failed
    ref_gl::R_SetMode() - invalid mode
    Initializing OpenGL display
    ...setting mode 3: 640x480 W
    ref_gl::R_Shutdown() - wglMakeCurrent failed
    ...setting windowed mode
    GLimp_Init() - no hardware acceleration detected.
    Please install drivers provided by your video card/GPU vendor.
    VID_CreateWindow() - GLimp_InitGL failed
    ref_gl::R_SetMode() - could not revert to safe mode
    R_Init() - could not R_SetMode()

Couldn't initialize OpenGL renderer!
    Creation of the window/context set-up Failed!

Does gravitybone have heavy system requirements or something? This computer hasn't run into any problems when playing games before. Sure, I doubt it can run crysis...but does a game as small as gravity bone really have huge system requirements or something?
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Gravity bone is really light. You could try updating your graphics drivers, I think they include OpenGL with them..
  • Ok, what the hell just went wrong....?
    Couldn't initialize OpenGL renderer!
    You answered your own question.
  • Well, the log answered his own question.
  • edited February 2009
    The question that arises next is, how do you fix this?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The question that arises next is, how do you fix this?
    Install drivers that support OpenGL and, if necessary, a videocard that supports OpenGL.
  • Well, it's a laptop, so I'm not about to dick around with the video card. I'll check for drivers, though.
  • Well, it's a laptop, so I'm not about to dick around with the video card. I'll check for drivers, though.
    If it's NVidia, isntall the NVidia driver. If it's ATi, install the ATi driver. If it's Intel, install the Intel driver. If it's something else, fuck it.
  • Also note that there was a lot of "Failed" notices above the part about the OpenGL thing. I dunno if that makes any difference, though.
  • It also says "Please install drivers provided by your video card/GPU vendor."
    That seems like a good indication on what to do.
  • I have a RTT game, Commandos. You control 5 or so units, and you have to complete missions. It revolves around maneuvering your characters from cover to cover, usually stealthily.

Try it, you might like it. ; )
  • I want so desperately to play DoW2, but my PC's measly 1 gb ram and 128 MB ATI card can't handle the truth.
  • I want so desperately to play DoW2, but my PC's measly 1 gb ram and 128 MB ATI card can't handle the truth.
    Ah, so this is why you called me about updating your computer... I am on to you! ^_~