This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

If it is a nice day out, why are you not outside?

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
Today on parts of the east coast of America it is a warm sunny day after a cold wet spell. If you are not outside at least for a little bit on a day like this, why not?

My answer is a I am usually lazy but as for today I am going for a walk.

Enjoy the day, hope it is pleasant where you are.

Comments

• It has rained for the past two days here. The sun just came out, but it's still damp and cold outside. Besides, I'm sick.
  • It's been snowing for the last few days, the pavement is treacherous and the snow isn't even good for doing anything.

Not that I'd be doing much anyway.
  • It's been snowing for the last few days, the pavement is treacherous and the snow isn't even good for doing anything.
    Near my house, there is a stretch of pavement that has been an half-inch thick layer of ice for the past 4 days.
  • Enjoy the day, hope it is pleasant where you are.
    It's not. It's piss-cold and dark. When the sun was up, if it was, it was horribly cloudy, windy, and piss-cold.
    Near my house, there is a stretch of pavement that has been an half-inch thick layer of ice for the past 4 days.
    That suuucks. Benefit of living near the sea/oceans, less freezing, downside, wind, gah horrible wind.
  • I live in Yorkshire which means lots of large but shallow hills. Both freezing and, as I live in a valley, very windy.
  • I live in northern Michigan so this warm-ish weather just means that the roads will be crappy when it gets cold again.
    It was like that here less than a week ago. Good god, I hated it.
  • I'd probably still be outside if I hadn't pulled a muscle in my back the other day. Being unable to properly use you back muscles makes most exercises pretty impossible. I could just enjoy the scenery, but after living here for 13 years it's become a bit boring.
  • Been working on my basement all day :-p
  • Been playing guitar and reading Cordwainer Smith.
  • I live in northern Michigan so this warm-ish weather just means that the roads will be crappy when it gets cold again.
    On The upside, with my place being downhill from the university, it allowed me to sled home from a radio meeting the other day. But as soon as I got to the icy street of death, Holy shit, I've rarely moved that fast while laying on my stomach.
  • It's been ok. This was the first day in a long time when I didn't have to wear gloves while doing carts at work. Later on I'm gonna wear shorts to the arcade and not worry about freezing my ass off in the car on the ride there.

Otherwise it's still pretty crappy outside and I'm sick.
  • I only like to do outside stuff when I am with other people.
  • Aren't there bears outside?

Seriously though, I'm not outside because I work nights, so I'm asleep during the day.
    I'm in the south, so it was nicer outside, but I almost slipped on all the wet ice in the driveway. More on topic: I went for a run outside this morning and spent a bit of time outside (I can't believe 50 F felt warm to me, that's what MI does to people).
  • Today I was outside, but the weather wasn't as nice as two days ago:
  • I am avoiding the outside due to extreme heat and intense sun light (its summer here and temperature is at high 30 degrees Celsius).
  • I am avoiding the outside due to extreme heat and intense sun light (its summer here and temperature is at high 30 degrees Celsius).
    Don't be a wimp, I've ridden a bike fourteen miles in 37. You just need lots and lots of sunblock and water.
  • I wasn't outside because I was playing old video games with classmates to get inspiration/ideas for a game we are working on.
  • Even better than the fact that it's nice today is the fact that it's going to be in the upper 60s/lower 70s for most of the week. On a college campus good weather is always awesome.
  • Even better than the fact that it's nice today is the fact that it's going to be in the upper 60s/lower 70s for most of the week. On a college campus good weather is always awesome.
    This is going to be a very good week.
  • It was so nice today me and my luv went out to walk around the city. Also got some Krispy Kremes!
  • Don't be a wimp, I've ridden a bike fourteen miles in 37. You just need lots and lots of sunblock and water.
    Yea well your enjoyment of the heat and sunlight is in fact a deterrent for me, furthermore I am enjoying all the shade I can get as I am about to head into Melbourne for University.
  • Don't be a wimp, I've ridden a bike fourteen miles in 37. You just need lots and lots of sunblock and water.
    Yea well your enjoyment of the heat and sunlight is in fact a deterrent for me, furthermore I am enjoying all the shade I can get as I am about to head into Melbourne for University.
    What school you studying at?
  • I hate the sun.
  • I hate the sun.
    Best troll post on the forum in the last 24 hours.
  • What!? The Sun for the fucking win!
    I like the warmth of the sun, but not the light of the sun. I wish it could be always night, but always warm.
    The sun is teh suck. Fuck the sun.
    The sun is teh suck. Fuck the sun.
    The sun pwns you.