This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shoegazing

2»

Comments

• The 80's-90's,in my opinion, were the best times of music in general.
    Aaaaaaand...../troll
  • The 80's-90's,in my opinion, were the best times of music in general.
    Aaaaaaand...../troll
    What? The 80's gave us Slayer, the greatest musical act in history. No, this gentleman is spot on.
  • True,if their weren't bands like,Dinosaur Jr.,Sonic Youth,Black Flag,alternative music would never have made it to the mainstream,as it has through the 90's.
  • Any era of music has its merits. It is silly to place any one above another.
  • True,but the creation of music resides through inspiration,period.
  • edited February 2009
    True,but the creation of music resides through inspiration,period.
    That sentence doesn't make sense and in no way contributes to your argument.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • True,but the creation of music resides through inspiration,period.
    That sentence doesn't make sense and in no way contributes to your argument.
    Gimmel is a troll. This is the only discussion in which he's actually contributing, unless he did so in the past.
  • edited February 2009
    @ Joe Boomer: If that is the height of his/her contribution, that is pretty weak. Also, if he/she is a troll... he/she is fairly bad at it.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Yes, it's definitely a weak troll. Jen still remains at the top.
    May she/he rest in peace.
  • edited February 2009
    Yes, it's definitely a weak troll. Jen still remains at the top.
    You're forgetting Kilarney and jcc!
    /kidding
    //but not really
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I thought Kilarney was just a jerk, not so much a troll. JCC just seemed dumb - again, not so much a troll.
    /kidding
    //but not really
    Kilarney is definitely questionable. I don't know jcc though, I'm just a punk kid in these forums.
  • Ambient shoegaze black metal ftw!
    Such as? Nachtmystium and Nadja are the only bands I can think of in this sub-sub-genre.
  • edited February 2009
    Yes, it's definitely a weak troll. Jen still remains at the top.
    /kidding
    //but not really
    Kilarney is definitely questionable. I don't know jcc though, I'm just a punk kid in these forums.
    I had no problem with jcc. Most of the time I believed that jcc was actually trying to be a decent guy. He just wouldn't allow himself to be convinced of anything. I don't think he was trying to be a troll so much as he was just being difficult.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Ambient shoegaze black metal ftw!
    Such as? Nachtmystium and Nadja are the only bands I can think of in this sub-sub-genre.
    I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. It's a term I've heard thrown around before, and it nicely sums up my thoughts on the pretentious extremes of music.

Darkmist is the only band I know of that can be said to fit into that category. I've heard of Nachtmystium but never listened to them, and I have no idea who the fuck Nadja are.
  • We always have ambient progressive drone speedcore metal...