This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Films you would like to see in the future

Comments

• I would like to seeEast of Edenmade into a movie. That is one of my favorite John Steinbeck books.
    I thought itwas donewith James Dean. Do you mean a newer adaptation/version?
    Yes, mainly because I don't like James Dean.
    Any particular reason?
    None in particular, really. The types of roles he usually played are just not interesting to me.
  • edited February 2009
    I would like to seeEast of Edenmade into a movie. That is one of my favorite John Steinbeck books.
    I thought itwas donewith James Dean. Do you mean a newer adaptation/version?
    Yes, mainly because I don't like James Dean.
    Any particular reason?
    None in particular, really. The types of roles he usually played are just not interesting to me.
    Fair enough. I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • I heard a rumor that Guillermo del Toro is doing a version of The Dark Crystal. I'm pretty sure that's total intarweb bullshit, but still, the thought of that sounds unbelievably awesome.
  • I heard a rumor that Guillermo del Toro is doing a version ofThe Dark Crystal.I'm pretty sure that's total intarweb bullshit, but still, the thought of that sounds unbelievably awesome.
    The only Dark Crystal thing that is being worked on now as of late is Tartakovsky's Power of the Dark Crystal.
  • Power of the Dark Crystal
    There are many an internet rumor stating that when Genndy Tartakovsky is asked about the project in his campus talks that he says he is no longer involved with the project. We shall see.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    I would really like to see Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain adapted for the screen properly and respectfully and not like the utter travesty that was The Black Cauldron. There was so much amazing material and hope for that movie, but they flushed most of it down the drain. Also I'd love to see a newer and more faithful adaptation of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. That movie alone deserves a kickass movie due to it's equally kickass reputation. Also, any of the Discworld novels, because I can gurantee that will make some hillarious content for the silver screen. The question is, who would they (the studio) choose for Rincewind?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • On that note, I'd like to see The Dark is Rising adapted well. The movie that came out last year hardly even resembled the original.
    Also I'd love to see a newer and more faithful adaptation of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes
    I saw the movie a long time ago, but I remember it being faithful in atmosphere to the novel. I thought it captured the feeling very well.
    Also, any of the Discworld novels, because I can gurantee that will make some hillarious content for the silver screen.
    The hogfather movie was really very well done. Good Christmas movie. I like the main character's granddaddy.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm probably going to head in to Cambridge with most of the club to see Eva 1.0 at the Brattle in August.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I would like to see The Theif of Always by Clive Barker on film.
  • I would like to see a feature-length version of Knights of Cydonia.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    Also I'd love to see a newer and more faithful adaptation of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes
    I saw the movie a long time ago, but I remember it being faithful in atmosphere to the novel. I thought it captured the feeling very well.
    Well I saw it recently because our class had to see it due to the fact that our class was reading it. It barely captured any of the terror present in the novel at all. Many characters from the book were missing and it really didn't sit right with me and the rest of my class since all of us loved the book. Also the special effects were clearly outdated and they need some sprucing up now that we are reaching 2010.
    Also, any of the Discworld novels, because I can gurantee that will make some hillarious content for the silver screen.
    The hogfather movie was really very well done. Good Christmas movie. I like the main character's granddaddy.
    I was talking more about the canon novels being adapted like The Colour of Magic or The Light Fantastic cause I think it'll do very well. I've yet to see The Hogfather, but I'm planning on seeing it.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I really would like an epic Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan/Flags of our Fathers All Quiet on the Western Front adaptation. It's a crying shame there's not a recent version, with all this war nostalgia and whatnot. Also, more Horatio Hornblower and Simon Pegg/Nick Frost stuff, and some more Wallace and Gromit shorts (not the shitty Hollywood-style stuff).
  • I like the main character's granddaddy.
    I CONCUR.
  • Also, any of the Discworld novels, because I can gurantee that will make some hillarious content for the silver screen.
    I was talking more about the canon novels being adapted like The Colour of Magic or The Light Fantastic cause I think it'll do very well. I've yet to see The Hogfather, but I'm planning on seeing it.
    The Hogfather is just as canon as the rest, just later in the series. Also, there is an adaptation of The Colour of Magic. It was also quite good.
  • Also, any of the Discworld novels, because I can gurantee that will make some hillarious content for the silver screen.
    The Hogfather is just as canon as the rest, just later in the series. Also, there is an adaptation of The Colour of Magic. It was also quite good.
    That Colour of Magic movie was surprisingly good actually. The only thing that bugged me was Rincewind, he was much older than I pictured him being. Maybe I was tainted by those Discworld PC games in the 90s.
  • edited June 2009
    After seeing the Broadway version of Spring Awakening, I knew that someone was going to make a film adaptation of it eventually. Unfortunately, McG has been attached to direct and I don't think he has what it takes to direct not only a musical, but one that requires a lot of subtlety and strong emotions.

Also, I want another Tenacious D movie.

Scratch that, I just want another album.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • A kids film made using silicon puppets, a la The Dark Crystal.
  • Live action Big O.
  • Oh well....I'll just wait about twenty years when the Colour of Magic tv film gets old and then I'll try to possibly option it for a feature length adaptation (provided if I get far enough in the film industry to be able to do that).
  • Major Lazer: The Movie.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh well....I'll just wait about twenty years when the Colour of Magic tv film gets old and then I'll try to possibly option it for a feature length adaptation (provided if I get far enough in the film industry to be able to do that).
    By the way, the Colour of Magic TV film is 2x1.5 hour parts, and covers both The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic.
    Good luck to you. I hope you can squeeze a lot out of Pratchett's humour, because that's the most important thing in such an adaptation.

Also, the Internet has revealed that a third Terry Pratchett TV movie is coming out - Going Postal.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    Isn't that a concept band? Like, Major Lazer was this reggae guy who lost his arm in the war and then the government gave him a laser arm with which to fight zombies?
    Isn't that a concept band? Like, Major Lazer was this reggae guy who lost his arm in the war and then the government gave him a laser arm with which to fight zombies?
    Yes. Now read that again, and think of how kick-ass Major Lazer: The Movie would be. With Diplo and Switch providing the entire soundtrack, of course. Maybe animate it, like a surf-dancehall-dub-zombiebreaks version of Interstella 5555.

The music video for the single "Hold the Line" shows the potential for awesome campy ass-kicking:
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    I just remembered something, why hasn't The Giver movie been made yet?! I remember hearing a film adaptation was being made in 2003 and I was excited since I loved reading The Giver. This is mostly because utopian, anti-utopian, and dystopian themed books often tend to be some of my favorite books. It's now 2009, and I've heard that it will be released by 2011 which surprises me greatly. I think it should be said that the wait (for me anyway) has been extremely irksome.

However, Walden Media is producing it which gives me some hope since a few of their films have been well-made (a lot of them fail to impress me though). Nevertheless, I still have faith in them because the small amount of films they have produced that have really impressed me outweigh the not-so good films they've produced in my eyes.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I just remembered something, why hasn'tThe Givermovie been made yet?!
    Are we the same person? Because I thought of this like, 7 minutes ago while watching a trailer for the new HP movie.
  • The Giver is an excellent book. Unfortunately, it's the only decent book that woman ever wrote.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    The Giveris an excellent book. Unfortunately, it's the only decent book that woman ever wrote.
    I know, I tried reading Messenger after painfully finishing Gathering Blue, but I couldn't take it as it missed the mark so badly and even though it had Gabriel as the main character, it just wasn't worth it. I should say it was the first utopian book I ever read and I didn't like it at the time, but as I read other books like Brave New World, 1984, and Fahrenheit 451, I've come to appreciate it more.
    I just remembered something, why hasn'tThe Givermovie been made yet?!
    Are we the same person? Because I thought of this like, 7 minutes ago while watching a trailer for the new HP movie.
    Wow...that's amazing, how is it possible that the two of us, fellow forumites, could have been thinking the exact same thought just a few minutes apart?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Wow...that's amazing, how is it possible that the two of us, fellow forumites, could have been thinking the exact same thought just a few minutes apart?
    Magic.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    I really wouldn't mind seeing a new CG Unico movie at all! As long as they kept Tezuka's ecological message from the pilot 1979 movie (the pilot never got picked up because the Japanese were morons) it would do really well. Because Gatchaman is coming out next year by the guys who are doing the new Astro Boy movie, this may be another new success! It needs to look like this...

Btw, this is a gift for anyone who loves Unico as well
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • While we're all wishing for ponies, I'd like a film based on my college Mage: the Ascension game.