This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games you think are good but it seems no one agrees

2»

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I enjoyed Oblivion far more than anyone else I know.
    I loved that game - but i must admit, morrowind gave me the shits.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2.
    Actually almost all of 4chan /v/ loved that game.
    This only actually seems to be fun on the easier difficulties in social situations. Beyond that, the investment/reward ratio was way too low. At least DDR is also exercise.
    I dunno really...I remember starting on medium and then going quickly to hard, then stopping for about 6 months due to a finger injury that prevented me playing, then I jumped right into expert. I still can't do insane solos or chords very well, but I can rock expert bass on RB and GHWT very easily.
    It's weird and I'm probably an exception, but the amount of time I've put into the game to get as good as I am now is negligible.
  • Guitar Hero
    This only actually seems to be fun on the easier difficulties in social situations. Beyond that, the investment/reward ratio was way too low. At least DDR is also exercise.
    Well, maybe that depends on what you're getting out of it. Guitar Hero proves to be an excellent warm-up for playing piano, and I didn't find it that hard to go into expert and start playing those solos. Granted, I also have a family-imposed inability to play any of the newer games coming out, so I'm locked into playing a few select games.
  • Actually almost all of 4chan /v/ loved that game.
    Ahhh, that IRC channel. Good times.
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess /v/ loved FFTA2 because the main character wasn't actively seeking a way to leave the happy fantasy world.
  • Viva Pinata is amazing, but most people will never play it.
    I had a friend who was obsessed with Viva Pinata. I found it mildly entertaining, but lost interest after I saw the dudes that randomly show up and smash your pinatas. The frustration potential is pretty high, considering how much work it takes to get certain pinatas.
    When I first started playing it, I had a lot of fun. Shortly afterwards, it got very boring and my main source of enjoyment came from killing a pinata and feeding it's candy to it's child.
  • Augh! That's awful!
  • Pinata inbreeding is a fast and efficient way to make some delicious candy coins early on in the game.
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess /v/ loved FFTA2 because the main character wasn't actively seeking a way to leave the happy fantasy world.
    Sorta that, but they all agreed that the story was crap. I think they just like it because the class system is pretty in depth and it's easy enough to not make anyone really angry at it.
  • Final Fantasy VIII. It's one of my favorites but it seems to be the black sheep on most people's lists.

Also Mega Man Legends, although people don't seem to think it's bad in its own right so much as they were thrown off by the fact that it's not really a Mega Man game.

• Also Mega Man Legends Zelda 2, although people don't seem to think it's bad in its own right so much as they were thrown off by the fact that it's not really a Mega Man Zelda game.

• AlsoMega Man LegendsZelda 2, although people don't seem to think it's bad in its own right so much as they were thrown off by the fact that it's not really aMega ManZeldagame.
    True, although I think the general difficulty of the game contributed to that as well. For a while that was one of those games that I was somehow magically better at as a little kid than older. I still suck at it but I can at least do better than my 5-year-old self now.