This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo E3 2009

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    What really excited me so far actually Sony's version of motion control. Once I saw Microsoft's Natal I just thought "what if that was paired with the wiimote?" well that's basically what it is. You just have a couple of wiimote-like controllers and a camera. If it works out even a fraction of what if could be, then there could be some great games. I don't think this is going to be a wii-beater or anything, with the PS3's cost and everything, but for hardcore games that use motion control this could be epic. I just wish that Nintendo had come up with this so that I could use this with a Zelda game, because this looks much better than the wii motion-plus.

Microsoft Natal looks promising if only for the cool idea of using the menus with my hand. Some of the games look fun but the reason I like wii sports tennis it that there is a controller, and I feel the ball when it hits the wiimote.

The PSP-Go also looks interesting but I'm not buying it until someone hacks it. If I can't play any of the games I already own on it then I'm not buying. Once I can put custom firmware on it like the PSP-2000 I'll buy it and just get ISO's of the games I already own. But there is no way that I am going to but a $250 handheld that I can't play any of my games on and that lacks any homebrew or emulators, when I already have a PSP that works just fine.

The only thing that really supprised me from Nintendo was Ninja Gaiden Metroid and Golden Sun DS. I'm looking forward to New Super Mario Bros. but I just hope it isn't as easy as the DS version. Super Mario Galaxy to will be great I'm sure but I was hoping for something newer. A lot of the other stuff either I had already heard of or was expecting. Except for one thing: the vitality meter. Why Nintendo? Why? I really can't see much use for this. I'm not in a hospital! Oh well, Nintendo has so much cash they can afford to make shit like this.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited June 2009
    Ok, so we got action on the DS in the form of Mario+Luigi and Golden Sun
    M+L was already expected, since it was already out in Japan.
    However, I am really surprised Golden Sun DS is coming out. It's been so long since Golden Sun 2 that Camelot and Nintendo had forgotten about the series. I'm not really looking forward to it, though. Golden Sun is as derivative and repetitive as any JRPG out there.
    Does it matter?
    Yes. If it's a continuation of the old garbage story I'll be even less interested in the game than I am now. If they decide to make a completely new story I might actually have to keep my eye on this game.
    Arguable one of the best 2D role-playing games on any system, Golden Sun and its sequel, Golden Sun: The Lost Age were two of the best excuses to own a GameBoy Advance.
    What horseshit cocksuckery is this? There were many far better games (especially RPGs) on the GBA.
    Are you talking about ROM hacks? Are they good? Maybe Nintendo ought to just buy up some of those.
    I've seen a few great ROM hacks of Super Mario World. I wouldn't be surprised if there were decent Super Metroid ones out there. The odds of Nintendo buying up the rights to those hacks, however, is even less likely than Nintendo buying the rights to and using the Mother 3 fantranslation as the official translation in order to release Mother 3 in the United States (which is already 0% likely to happen).
    Ninja Gaiden Metroid
    Rofl. You mean Team Ninja? Team Ninja is the developer. Ninja Gaiden is a completely different game. The game's title is Metroid: Other M, anyhow. :D
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Red Steel 2 looks like it would be fun for about two hours,

I really hope Splinter Cell: Conviction turns out well. They (finally) showed some new gameplay, and looks promising to me; all of the mechanics and style there, but I still don't know. It really depends on how well the levels are put together, and I won't know that until I actually play the game.

I'm also excited about Assassin's Creed 2. Having da Vinci as a personal inventor, while rather silly, is a good way to introduce a bunch of fun gadgets into the game. The first game was almost awesome and if they're actually fixing all of the glaring problems, you can count me in.
  • I'm most excited about Golden Sun DS, and I'm glad that Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually includes Yoshi. Everything else is looking great as well, and having an exact release date for the next Layton is really nice.
  • Has everyone forgotten about Sin and Punishment 2?
  • It always confuses me that Nintendo announced the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes and Japan and won't talk about them at all during the press conference.
  • It always confuses me that Nintendo announced the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes and Japan and won't talk about them at all during the press conference.
    Nintendo is very strange. It seems like they know the Internet exists because Reggie said he "read the blogs too." However, they also seem to still think that Japan, US, and Europe are on separate planets. They think that announcing something in the US that was already announced in Japan is the same as announcing an entirely new thing.

They need to forget this Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Europe business. You are one company, Nintendo, and you sell products to one world, Earth. By not recognizing that, they make themselves look very stupid.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    I haven't. But Nintendo has.
  • Does Nintendo do Tokyo Game Show? I can't remember, but it could well be that some announcements are being held off for that
  • Yeah they do TGS now, they stopped doing the Nintendo Space World and started attending TGS instead.
  • Check this out. It's some photoshops of what Mario Wii would look like if it had the style of Mario 1, 2, 3, or World instead of having the style of New Super Mario Bros. Just shows you yet another obvious idea that Nintendo dropped the ball on. They should have made the game with 5 different graphical modes for total retro awesomeness.
  • They should have made the game with 5 different graphical modes for total retro awesomeness.
    Indeed. The Super Mario World one would have been awesome. Just imagine doing 4 player co-op in the Star Worlds.
  • Just imagine doing 4 player co-op in the Star Worlds.
    Well if it's an entirely new game with SMW sprites, then the Star Worlds wouldn't be in the game.
  • Just imagine doing 4 player co-op in the Star Worlds.
    Well if it's an entirely new game with SMW sprites, then the Star Worlds wouldn't be in the game.
    We can still dream, can't we?