This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anyone know of social game on Twitter, Spymaster?

2»

Comments

• I have a general policy of ignoring/blocking/banning any source of spam that gets to the data sources to which I pay attention. This is largely irrespective of any other factor.

Luckily, it isn't much of a problem, as I tend to only follow a small number of specialized data sources (my own email, people I follow on Twitter, etc...).
  • I was never upset about how you felt, Nuri. You obviously have hatred toward these types of games. If anything I was upset at the amount of hate and lack of 'clarity' in this thread. Now,after some new posts, I can understand the hate on twitter games since it seems you'd have to un follow someone if you didn't want to receive game messages. On Facebook it just depends on who your friends are and who you'd like to send it too but worst case scenario they can block it. I really don't have anything else to add to this thread since I haven't played them myself and to be honest it's not on my priority list. Some people like to play these things and developers had a new platform to develop in. It seemed like a gold rush for developers actually. Some can make 500 a day if the game is successful.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sorry for the griping, I just found the spam generated really annoying.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Oh, it definitely is a good way for developers to make money. It takes advantage of people who are prone to addiction, which is generally lucrative. I think most of the griping is directed toward people who play games like this and send out the messages indiscriminately. I have no problem with my friend playing a game as long as I don't have to be constantly spammed from it.