This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

More Futurama

Comments

• That one was pretty good too.
  • You know, that one didn't get to me that much. You know what did? "Wake up, Leela. Please wake up."
    For me, the definitive dramatic, tear-jerking Futurama line will always be "Don't go. I want to hear how it ends."
  • You know, that one didn't get to me that much. You know what did? "Wake up, Leela. Please wake up."
    For me, the definitive dramatic, tear-jerking Futurama line will always be "Don't go. I want to hear how it ends."
    Yeah, that's a really good one. Especially considering that was almost the series finale. If it had been, those would've been the last words of the series. Quite fitting, methinks.
  • This made my year, you know. Futurama is the one show I can reference and quote endlessly.

On the topic of tear-jerker episodes....Futurama is just about the only adult American cartoon that can manage/dares to mix in poignant sentimental and philosophical elements into their comedic routine, such as in the Seymore episode *SOB* and the one where Bender is god.

One of the sentimental scenes that gets me (and that often isn't mentioned) is from the episode where Leela finds her parents. At the end of the episode, they play this sweet song and show her parents watching over her as she grows. That always gets a lump in my throat. Do you guys remember/like that part?
  • This made my year, you know. Futurama is the one show I can reference and quote endlessly.

On the topic of tear-jerker episodes....Futurama is just about the only adult American cartoon that can manage/dares to mix in poignant sentimental and philosophical elements into their comedic routine, such as in the Seymore episode *SOB* and the one where Bender is god.

One of the sentimental scenes that gets me (and that often isn't mentioned) is from the episode where Leela finds her parents. At the end of the episode, they play this sweet song and show her parents watching over her as she grows. That always gets a lump in my throat. Do you guys remember/like that part?
    Yes, that was a good part. The writers of Futurama are particularly great at what they do. Unlike the writers of Family Guy, they understand a good balance between sentimental and funny. Also, their jokes are more than just making fun of everything.
  • You forgot the episode where Fry goes after his 8 leaf clover. The end of that always gets me.
  • @ Axel-of-the-Key
    I agree completely. Most people I see seem to like Family Guy better, but I really don't think it's as sophisticated.
    Family guy had some good things going for it. It was brave in that it dabbled in Broadway references and numbers...but what it had seems to have gone downhill in favor of strained shock-factor comedy.

@Kiey
    Oh gosh, yeah. They used that song as well as the Breakfast Club did...better perhaps.
  • @Kiey
    Oh gosh, yeah. They used that song as well as the Breakfast Club did...better perhaps.
    Hey, the Breakfast Club Soundtrack. That'll work great when we wanna clear the room after the reception.
    *clover falls out*
    *Yancy cries*
  • Scruffy's just glad to have a job again.
  • This may be the most one sided fight since 1973, when Ali fought an 80 foot tall mechanical Joe Fraiser. M-my memory's not what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
  • This may be the most one sided fight since 1973, when Ali fought an 80 foot tall mechanical Joe Fraiser. M-my memory's not what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
    Now's a good time to introduce my grill for no reason. Thanks to it's newly patented design, it drains the fat directly into my mouth!

That Seymour one got to me, but over time I went: "FRY, YOU DUMBASS!" Another cry moment for me was around then end of Bender's Big Score. (Speaking of that, I do need to see Into The Wild Green Yonder...)

I just home the new Futurama still stands. Simpsons is trying too hard to be hip and trendy now and I hope Family Guy crashes and burns at this point.
  • Whatever you want, Groaning will put wave after wave of his own men at your disposal.

Isn't that right, men?
  • Wow, this looks pretty freaking great. I'm hoping that the show retains its popularity and sales and we keep getting more and more seasons.
  • Sigh...They've said it's coming back how many times already? Why can't they just make their minds up already and get on with it.
  • Sigh...They've said it's coming back how many times already? Why can't they just make their minds up already and get on with it.
    They have, the new season starts in June on Comedy Central.
  • edited May 2010
    Sigh...They've said it's coming back how many times already? Why can't they just make their minds up already and get on with it.
    About once, and scripts have been made and animation has already begun. It airs June 24th.

EDIT: Got straight ninja'd.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Odd...I always got the impression that it was like Washington...I'm guessing all the hype about it (rightfully deserved too) got gave it an order of magnitude.
  • it's on right now!
  • Is it any good? I don't get Comedy Central, so I'm going to have to hope they put it on their website, because I would never, ever pirate anything ever.
  • It is Futurama as it was before with slightly better animation/art.
    ^_^
  • I saw the first two leaked episodes earlier this week. It's the same futurama, but Bender definitely seems different, and the general writing seems to be more self aware.
  • It was like smile juice in my tummy.
  • I will always miss Poopiter.
  • It was like smile juice in my tummy.
    It is Futurama as it was before with slightly better animation/art.
    ^_^
  • edited June 2010
    Is it any good?
    It's like when I passed out in college, except no one drew magic marker penises on my forehead.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • It's everything I loved before with better animation.
  • Mr. President... What the hell? -Zapp
  • Mr. President... What the hell? -Zapp
    God, there were some great quotes in those episodes. Pity I can't remember them all.