This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ArmA 2/3

13»

Comments

• If you are engaging on average at 100 meters, you've done fucked up.
    If we're talking real life, my 'long range' shooting experience if I may use the term loosely and only in regards to not using a holo sight or irons, is at 200 meter ranges with either a Hensoldt Z24 on a PTR-91 or an ACOG on an AR. The ACOG I have been using (it's on my friend's rifle as I don't have the dough for a $1200 optic) has the bullet drop markings where it's set to 100m at the chevron and you follow the markings down to the target. I like that, easy to remember 100 as the base.

The reason I assumed it here is that style of bullet-drop compensation is pretty standard in videogames with ballistics modeled, and so I am not used to 'adjusting elevation' manually for a given range but using hold-over based on the optic. I guess I assumed too much, and diddn't think that modern military optics even exist that don't use that system, and that ARMA is the type of game that would have that level of realism. I think I just saw the purty graphics and smooth controls and forgot that it wasn't a battlefield clone for a second and went full-retard at sniping. s:

Anyway, I'll try again after PAX and see how I fare with the game knowing more about the optics and ballistics.