This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090806 - Connecticon 2009

13»

Comments

• I wouldn't go that far. To be honest, I only go to Connecticon because I'm running stuff. If I were not running stuff, I would go on Saturday only and play tabletop board and role playing games all day. It is not a convention that is worth going across the entire country, like PAX or Otakon.
    I remember you said that before, but from hearing what happened makes Conneticon sounds like it would be fun to go. One of the biggest reasons I would want to go to an East Coast Con is to meet up and hang out with other FRC forum members. I like anime cons, but that's all you get is anime. Conneticon is a mixture of things I'm interested in.

I've never been to an out of state convention, so it would be nice to finally go somewhere else that's not in Washington, even though it is an awesome state.
    Don't go across the country for Connecticon, it's not worth it. The only one you should ever go across the country for is Otakon.
    Or Dragoncon, Gencon, San diego comic con or PAX.... :-p
  • I wouldn't go that far. To be honest, I only go to Connecticon because I'm running stuff. If I were not running stuff, I would go on Saturday only and play tabletop board and role playing games all day. It is not a convention that is worth going across the entire country, like PAX or Otakon.
    I remember you said that before, but from hearing what happened makes Conneticon sounds like it would be fun to go. One of the biggest reasons I would want to go to an East Coast Con is to meet up and hang out with other FRC forum members. I like anime cons, but that's all you get is anime. Conneticon is a mixture of things I'm interested in.

I've never been to an out of state convention, so it would be nice to finally go somewhere else that's not in Washington, even though it is an awesome state.
    Don't go across the country for Connecticon, it's not worth it. The only one you should ever go across the country for is Otakon.
    Or Dragoncon, Gencon, San diego comic con or PAX.... :-p
    Point well-taken, Scojo.
  • Gah walls of quotes!

Fine, I'll just try to go to Otakon and PAX East. However, I think more should come to PAX West.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Gah walls of quotes!

Fine, I'll just try to go to Otakon and PAX East. However, I think more should come to PAX West.
    You have no idea how much it hurts me that I can't go each time PAX rolls around, Ro. Someday I'll come, but for now PAX East will probably suffice....at least for a little while.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Psh. I flew halfway across the country for Connecticon. If Ro wants to, there's no reason to stop her. I didn't for the FRC stuff, but for the collection of artists and I am already considering doing so again. At least if there isn't a New England Webcomics Weekend next year.
  • Dedication, I wouldn't fly that far for Otakon.

Connecticon and Otakon are a toss up for me. I go for the friends and the paneling. I'd say that I like otakon a little more only because it's in my back yard relatively speaking.
  • My other interest/investment is to have a booth in Artists' Alley. I've been to Sakura Con for the last 10 years, so it's seems the same to me all the time. Mind you, I was also staff, so I had a different perspective.

I just think it would be a nice change of scenery to not be in Washington.
  • My other interest/investment is to have a booth in Artists' Alley. I've been to Sakura Con for the last 10 years, so it's seems the same to me all the time. Mind you, I was also staff, so I had a different perspective.

I just think it would be a nice change of scenery to not be in Washington.
    If you want to have a booth in artist's alley at Otakon, you better bring a lot of merch. If you have something good, it will sell very well.

My suggestion to you would be to make a handful of awesome cross-stiches and put them in the art show. They are practically guaranteed to make it into the auction and go for a ton of moneys. Then you can go around enjoying the con stuff instead of sitting at a table the whole time.