This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I'm not bothering to discuss anything so off topic anymore.
    The perfect lesson on how to keep the board civil. GreatTeacher +1.
    They don't call me Great Teacher for nuthin'. In fact, they don't call me Great Teacher.
  • edited November 2009
    Taking a lesson from Hypocrisy 10, the RNC offers health care plans that cover elective abortions. But, in true GOP manner, furiously supported the Stupak amendment. So it's okay to meddle in the lives of everyone else, but abortions are OK as long as you're a Republican and make sure no one finds out.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Republicans mull "purity test".
    Well damn, looks like I won't be a member of the Republican party much longer.
  • This, I think, is exactly what Rym wants.
  • Wow. That's brilliant. I couldn't have come up with a better way to destroy the Republican Party. I applaud whoever devised this test.
  • Do you honestly believe that this will destroy the Republican party, or was this hyperbole?
  • Hyperbole, though it might be pretty effective in marginalizing the more moderate elements of the party.
  • Hyperbole, though it might be pretty effective in marginalizing the more moderate elements of the party.
    As well as ensuring that no republicans actually get elected to a major office, which is pretty much destroying the party.
  • edited December 2009
    Post edited by Cremlian on
    Darn, I could only go along with 7 of the 10. Guess they won't let me back in the club even if I wanted back in.
    Darn, I could only go along with 7 of the 10. Guess they won't let me back in the club even if I wanted back in.
    7 out of 10? That's a lot. Those are some pretty far-out things.

I agree with half of almost every statement. The problem is, they take it too far. For example:
    (9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care
    OK, I can get behind that.
    and government funding of abortion; and
    Fuck you.
  • 7 out of 10? That's a lot. Those are some pretty far-out things.
    I'm more crazy than most. And I said go along with, not 100%, whole-heartedly support.
  • (9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care
    OK, I can get behind that.
    and government funding of abortion; and
    Fuck you.
    My biggest problem is that the statement (within the context of the current debate) implies that health care rationing and denial of health care only happens in government plans.
  • My biggest problem is that the statement (within the context of the current debate) implies that health care rationing and denial of health care only happens in government plans.
    This was incidently the exact reason I said no to that one. :P
  • edited February 2010
    So, first he was lying about the fact that Richard Reed was read his Miranda rights because he was an American citizen (he was a British citizen), and insisting that the Bush administration was right to do it while the Obama administration was wrong to read Miranda rights to the undie-bomber. Then he insisted that the protection of Americans from terrorists is more important than people's rights.
    Link
    But he also trips up when attempting to correct himself, he spins further into a hypocritical la-la land.
    Further proof that this man needs to stop talking about anything political as he obviously has no fucking clue what the laws actually are.
    Plus, what kind of sick fucker is going to insist that people shouldn't have rights? Of course a captured terrorist should have rights. They're civilians caught committing criminal acts. They have no real loyalty to any country or army. They should be treated just like any other dangerous criminal. Take away one person's rights and you have a doorway to take any rights away from anyone just by labeling them a terrorist, regardless of nationality or type of crime. Just because you want to torture people after shutting them away in some shadowy prison out of a sense of vengeance instead of justice doesn't mean you're justified in doing so. I suggest it makes one less human.

I've noticed that the neocons/Reps keep talking about their own version of reality and assuming no one is going to check up on them. To me, this means most of these people are either profoundly stupid or intentionally using heaping helpings of demagoguery.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • "In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly."
    ---- Coleridge
    ---- Coleridge
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    ---- Yoda
  • Yeah, not to mention that the Supreme Court has repeatedly decided that you don't have to be a citizen of the USA to be protected by constitutional rights like habeus corpus.
    ---- Coleridge
    ---- Yoda
    QFT
  • Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    ---- Yoda
    Suffering leads to Force Lightning, so overall not so bad a deal.
  • The Empire also offers a very comprehensive health and life insurance plan. At least that's what I heard.
  • edited February 2010
    ---- Yoda
    Fear leads to anger.
    Anger leads to hate.
    Hatred leads to power.
    Power leads to victory.
    --Sith
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    ---- Yoda
    Suffering leads to Force Lightning, so overall not so bad a deal.
    Sure, but the trade-off is that you get wicked ugly.
  • Sure, but the trade-off is that you get wicked ugly.
    Darth Caedus doesn't look horrible. Just like a really angsty teen with yellow eyes.
  • Sure, but the trade-off is that you get wicked ugly.
    Darth Caedus doesn't look horrible. Just like a really angsty teen with yellow eyes.
    Spoilers: RIP Jacen Solo
  • Had to look up who Darth Caedus was on Wookieepedia. Because of that I wasted about an hour or more on that site. I'm not sure what to make of those vampire looking aliens that are resistant to the force.
  • I also looked him up on Wikipedia. Look, two things: First, that history was way the fuck too long. If I wanted to read the books, I'd just read the fucking books. Second, what the fuck? I'm glad someone cares enough about the Star Wars universe to have the dedication to read all those books, but I do not, and I have just been convinced that I never will.
  • I also looked him up on Wikipedia. Look, two things: First, that history was way the fuck too long. If I wanted to read the books, I'd just read the fucking books. Second, what the fuck? I'm glad someone cares enough about the Star Wars universe to have the dedication to read all those books, but I do not, and I have just been convinced that I never will.
    I'm slowly collecting all the starwars audiobooks (don't ask how) and organizing them via the timeline. I plan at some point in my future to listen to all of them in a row when I have a crap ton of downtime or I want to torture myself.
  • Torture is right. For me, both Star Wars and Star Trek novels lie forever in that acne-laden time between sixth and seventh grades.