This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I could quote Churba again .
  • Lets start with what Medicaid covers already. Anything after that needs an extra policy.
    But an extra policy doesn't work because Medicaid already doesn't cover radically expensive (though incredibly basic) operations. It'd be the exact same system we have now.

Well, I'll assume Jack's tossing Medicaid out there because he doesn't know what it covers (not that I blame him, I don't either). However, it's okay as a start to the discussion as it does cover some things. We'll work with what's already covered with Medicaid, determine its deficiencies, and add to them. Eventually, we should reach a decent line where we can determine what should and shouldn't require an extra policy.
  • Under-educated people, rural people, and religious people often vote against their own best self-interest out of ignorance, fear, and/or traditionalism.
    People can often also knowingly vote against their own best self-interest because they believe it's for the greater good of the society. Unfortunately, under-educated and religious people are often wrong in such beliefs.
  • Under-educated people, rural people, and religious people often vote against their own best self-interest out of ignorance, fear, and/or traditionalism.
    People can often also knowingly vote against their own best self-interest because they believe it's for the greater good of the society. Unfortunately, under-educated and religious people are often wrong in such beliefs.
    Science and statistics are the devil's work after all.
    Science and statistics are the devil's work after all.
    Anything that came from the apple would be rooted in the devil's work.

• As American as Apple Pie.... uh oh.
  • As American as Apple Pie.... uh oh.
    ruh roh
  • edited October 2012
    The discrepancy between what Medicare covers on paper and what it covers in real life is enormous. I worked in a hospital billing office for a few months up in Rochester, and it was the single most depressing job I ever did. 9am to 6pm, I called families who were ON MEDICARE (and/or Medicaid) and told them that, because of this or that loophole, their procedures weren't covered. They had bills going up to six figures, and we had to press them to pay even if the patient had died. The only code that would let a family off the hook was "1850: Deceased, No Estate."

Universal Medicare is not the solution. Universal healthcare, with no shitty insurance loopholes or out-of-coverage-area-hospital bullshit is what we need. Full stop.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Good response from Colbert
  • Is this the balls thing? Can't see it.

It's a great response that gives Trump exactly as much consideration and respect as is due his nonsense, but no response from anyone would have been even better. Trump is irrelevant and only has any impact when better people make him seem worth responding to.
  • For once I agree with Muppet.
  • I'd vote a Stewart/Colbert ticket so hard.

I'd probably regret it later, but I'd still do it.
  • edited October 2012
    What was that clip in response to?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Trump has publicly offered Obama $5 million (donated to a charity of Obama's choice) if Obama will release his college records and his passport application records.
  • edited October 2012
    Is it wrong that i kind of want The president to do it?

Just so he can say something like "I told you i was from Hawai motherfucker. Now make that check out to locks of love and save some poor bastard from having to have a hairpiece as bad as yours."

Edit: No I don't know why the president is voiced by Samuel L Jackson in my head. Just go with it.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • edited October 2012
    Is it wrong that i kind of want The president to do it?

Just so he can say something like "I told you i was from Hawai motherfucker. Now make that check out to locks of love and save some poor bastard from having to have a hairpiece as bad as yours."

Edit: No I don't know why the president is voiced by Samuel L Jackson in my head. Just go with it.
    Actually, Obama's actual response to it when asked about it on The Tonight Show is nearly as epic as that:
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • That was his big announcement ?
  • You expected something better from him?
  • That made my day right there.
  • Yeah. I was expecting something big like the dog Obama ate as a kid was Romney's dog that rode on the roof.

• Obama's shit eating grin at the end of the Leno clip is priceless.
  • Why the hell isn't an employer telling you who you should vote for, voter intimidation? Even if the threat of losing your job isn't explicit, it sure is implied.
  • Didn't Citizens United make this OK? I'm pretty sure it was illegal prior.
  • edited October 2012
    How about churches endorsing politicians and still keeping tax exemption -.-
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited October 2012
    Or this bullshit.

Real professional journalism, guys. Expecting less from the Post every day.
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • Isn't the Post practically a tabloid to begin with?
  • Isn't the Post practically a tabloid to begin with?
    If you are referring the the format of the newspaper, then yes it is.

If you are referring to the content of the newspaper, then yes it is.

• Yea New York Post, is a Tabloid.

God I can't wait till this election is over, I've already voted but I really really don't want to see the headlines on November 7th be "We are all republicans" now.
  • Yea New York Post, is a Tabloid.
    Problem is that they always stock it right up front with the actual newspapers as if it weren't one.

• I dunno, it seems to me that an endorsement from the Post is on par with an endorsement from the Weekly World News. Anybody who is going to take it seriously was a lost cause anyway.