This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

One good thing about D&D 4th Edition

12346»

Comments

• Man, Churba, you took my points I was going to make about the DM and why they matter. But, I like your flavor more.
    Wait, I have a flavor, now?
  • Oh, if you're looking for GM advice, there's a thread on the Burning Wheel forums:

My Top 10 Burning Wheel Mistakes

While it's BW-specific, many of the themes discussed carry over into other RPG's. Good read.
    Oh wow, this is an awesome thread. Thanks for pointing it out!
  • Wait, I have a flavor, now?
    This might shock and stun you, trendsetters, but to achieve a good game with uneven party members in D&D;, you need some skill, experience, and judgment, because Luke Crane isn't going to hold your itty bitty hand and tell you everything's okay because he's better than you. It's not all in the rules, you actually have to use - gasp - Common sense, intelligence, and logic, all without being explicitly told.
    I guess voice would have been a better word, but I laughed when I read this.
  • The reason I dropped D&D entirely: Combat, as played directly by the handbooks, is boring as shit. 4 hours of combat to 1.5 hours of roleplaying in a short session? No thanks. The most fun I had with that game was when we threw everything but the roll-a-die-to-see-if-you-can-do-it mechanic out the window and went nuts in a lawless town.