This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

House M.D.

edited October 2009 in Everything Else
For anyone new to the show: House MD

4T0lT8gJFO0

Just finished the most recent episode "The Tyrant". Some new issues that may come up in later episodes that I am looking forward to seeing.
Spoiler:
Hopefully, the issue of covering up the murder of the dictator comes to light in later episodes. I would really like to see how they would handle that situation. Also house seems to be doing better with his drug problem. I am expecting some kind of relapse when he gets his licence back and the power to write prescriptions.

So if anyone else is watching House what is your opinion on the new season?

Comments

• Well, right now I'm liking it. They are adding some new dimensions to House's character's with what happened last season. The season premiere was definitely great because that alone could of been it's own special. Even non-House fans were praising it. And this new one was really cool just because the patient was The Voice of God.

My favorite character is probably Wilson. He's just so likable.
  • I love this show. I love the new direction it's taking this season. A show that has the balls to provide character development while also keeping the good things the same is fantastic. I loved the season premiere and the following episodes, so I figure we're in for another great season.
  • Eh. Kutner was the best character.
    He was, and I'm sad he died, but he wasn't needlessly killed off. Blame Obama.
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out too. It's kind of odd he jumped from House to that. It makes me wonder if officials will go up to him and say "Weren't you in those stoner movies?"
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out too. It's kind of odd he jumped from House to that. It makes me wonder if officials will go up to him and say "Weren't you in those stoner movies?"
    Yeah, and he's still making the Christmas sequel to Harold and Kumar. How will that go over, I wonder?
  • He was by far the best professional defibrillist I have seen :)
  • edited October 2009
    He was by far the best professional defibrillist I have seen :)
    So true...
    Post edited by Axel on
  • All of the main female characters on the show are dull as dishwater. I really enjoy the character study of House and the majority of the characters, but all three main female characters are dull, one dimensional, doe eyed, swizzle sticks.
  • All of the main female characters on the show are dull as dishwater. I really enjoy the character study of House and the majority of the characters, but all three main female characters are dull, one dimensional, doe eyed, swizzle sticks.
    I understand Cameron and Cuddy, but I at least thought Thirteen had a bit more depth than either of them.
    I understand Cameron and Cuddy, but I at least thought Thirteen had a bit more depth than either of them.
    Maybe the character as written might, but the actress never gives that character any life. She is such a walking wax figurine. We get it, she used to be a model and now she is an "actress". Did no one inform her that acting would be necessary in her new career?
    I thought Thirteen would have more, but falling in love with Foreman did hurt things. (That may change though...) Not all girls were like that though, what about Cutthroat Bitch?
  • I take it back, Amber was a great character, but they couldn't keep her around because she didn't look like a model.
  • I take it back, Amber was a great character, but they couldn't keep her around because she didn't look like a model.
    That's so pathetic. It frustrates me to no end. Her character was killed off for plot reasons and it did help along in giving Wilson character development, but she was one of the best characters in the show. It sucks...
    That's so pathetic. It frustrates me to no end. Her character was killed off for plot reasons and it did help along in giving Wilson character development, but she was one of the best characters in the show. It sucks...
    Too true.
  • Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out too. It's kind of odd he jumped from House to that. It makes me wonder if officials will go up to him and say "Weren't you in those stoner movies?"
    Kal Penn is actually extremely intelligent. He came to my local university and did a speech on race in the movie industry, which was the first time I had seen him outside of a movie. You wouldn't know it from his stoner flicks, but he is a total sociology nerd (he taught 2 classes at U Penn and is doing graduate work at Stanford), and he's extremely dedicated to fighting the good fight.
  • Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out too. It's kind of odd he jumped from House to that. It makes me wonder if officials will go up to him and say "Weren't you in those stoner movies?"
    Kal Penn is actually extremely intelligent. He came to my local university and did a speech on race in the movie industry, which was the first time I had seen him outside of a movie. You wouldn't know it from his stoner flicks, but he is a total sociology nerd (he taught 2 classes at U Penn and is doing graduate work at Stanford), and he's extremely dedicated to fighting the good fight.
    I believe that completely. I know he's a smart guy. It's just ironic, is all. But there will be people who recognize him for his less intellectual achievements, for sure.
  • Sonny Bono was in Sonny and Cher. Arnold Schwarzenegger was in films. Ronald Regan was a two-bit actor. At least Kal Penn has some legitimate claim and qualifications for his position.
  • Sonny Bono was in Sonny and Cher. Arnold Schwarzenegger was in films. Ronald Regan was a two-bit actor. At least Kal Penn has some legitimate claim and qualifications for his position.
    So true, so true.
    So true, so true.
    That is very, very true.

Any thoughts on today's episode? I'm a little annoyed they are so attached to Thirteen who is going on her trip. I wish they'd focus a little more on Taub since he was just as important. And the case itself annoyed me because it returned to the whole "believing in Karma" thing. That would of been fine if the patient's father didn't screw over thousands of people because of his paranoia.
  • Hey, by the way guys, Some of us don't watch it on the day of airing. I watch it on hulu which is on an 8 day delay. I know you want to talk about it, but try not to give off plot points.
  • Hey, by the way guys, Some of us don't watch it on the day of airing. I watch it on hulu which is on an 8 day delay. I know you want to talk about it, but try not to give off plot points.
    My bad. We are in fairly heavy spoiler territory for Non-House fans, so I thought it was fair to bring it up.
    My bad. We are in fairly heavy spoiler territory for Non-House fans, so I thought it was fair to bring it up.
    Yeah, that's fine, just white-text it or something.
  • edited October 2009
    Personally, I use EZTV with uTorrent's RSS downloader. The latest episode is torrenting as we speak. I would've gotten it a few hours ago (the torrent is now 4 hours old according to eztv), but my computer was off at the time.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I watch on hulu or use EZTV.
  • So I'm still not caught up on House, but I just watched the last episode of season 4 (the one where Amber dies), and I don't think I've been hit so hard by something in fiction since the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where Buffy's mom died. Holy shit.
  • So is this the season House jumps the shark? I mean the musical numbers ususally mean the shark is aproaching....
  • Things are definitely getting zanier, but then House has always existed in a sort of hyper real dream world anyways.
  • It's certainly interesting. I'm liking this season. I wouldn't say it's jumped the shark, and I still think we're a ways away. Huddy is over temporarily, but we all know House will be back with her by Season 9 or 10.
  • I want House to bang Amber Taymblin. Or however you spell her name.