This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Birthday Thread

Comments

edited September 2010
    So we've all been here before, saying happy birthday to whomever is named in the thread title, but we've yet to see any cake. Or at least, I have yet to see any cake. I demand cake in some form, shape or fashion asap!! Or no more birthdays!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE MONSTER!
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2010
    Pyramid Cake!
    Happy Birthday Kate!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Have a good one!
  • Pyramid Cake!
    Nom.
  • Quickly, make a Minecraft cake!
  • Happy Birthday to Kate Monster. ^_^
  • Happy birthday, Kate!
  • Happy brithday!
  • Happy birthday, Kate Monster. Your name is exceedingly adorable.
  • Happy birthday, Kate Monster. Your name is exceedingly adorable.
    She isn't a monster! ...is she?
  • I really lol'd at the pyramid cake.
  • edited October 2010
    It's really too bad we can't get anaglyphs of these pyramids, so it appears that the pyramid cake is going to punch us in the face.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Maybe Vanilla 2 will have a 3D extension one day?
  • Do you have any idea of how off topic things would get if we could post in any more than one dimension?
  • You
    can
    two
    dimensions.
  • Yes, technically you can. But I can't post a reply to the side of your comment.
  • A 2D grid of commenting... That would be really, really interesting.
  • I would have thought some kind of spider diagram would be more conducive to the kind of things we do but would probably get confusing fast.
    What if we took it into three dimentions. It would be like Avatar, but no blue cats.
  • edited October 2010
    A 2D grid of commenting... That would be really, really interesting.
    It would definitely bring a more literal meaning to the word "tangent". It would be like a version control system, except that different "branches" of the conversation would be graphically represented as such.
    Post edited by Sail on
    It would definitely bring a more literal meaning to the word "tangent". It would be like a version control system, except that different "branches" of the conversation would be graphically represented as such.
    How would this be different from commenting sites like Reddit where you can either reply to an individual comment (for about 7 levels of comments) or you can just comment on the thread as a whole?
  • edited October 2010
    The way it's graphically represented. I find all that comment collapsing and uncollapsing annoying, and by having that it discourages tangential conversations from growing to the same scope as the main topic.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It would basically look the same as what we do now but all the back tracking and replies would be easier to read.
    Happy Birthday Emily!
  • Happy Birthday Emily!
    I really need to keep up on those facebook notifications. Live long and prosper.
  • You're sweet, kind and awesome. I hope your birthday treats you as such in turn. Happy birthday, Emily!
  • I hope your birthday is full of happiness and bunnies (which, in turn, bring you more happiness)!