This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Worst People in History

RymRym
edited November 2009 in News
So, our "Worst People in History" show included Mother Theresa near the top. It appears that the masses are starting to learn the horrors of her dread works finally. GeekNights: always ahead of the curve!

Comments

• You had a Worst People in History show?
  • Source is farked.
    It was a long time ago.
    I thought you would have been all up on this?
    Excuse me for not remembering a show that I listened to over three years ago :p
    Excuse me for not remembering a show that I listened to over three years ago :p
    Well hey now, you've been here longer than I have (possibly as long as trogdor) and I've only just found out about this episode about 7 months ago and I thought it was high quality enough to be heard at least 1-2 more times.
  • You know what's weird to think about? I've been here and listening to GeekNights for over 2.5 years. It doesn't seem like it's been that long...
  • You know what's weird to think about? I've been here and listening to GeekNights for over 2.5 years. It doesn't seem like it's been that long...
    Same here. It all seems like a huge blur.
    Wow, since June 2007 for me. Weird.
    I guess that makes us part of the Old Guard. The oldest post on these forums is a mere year and a half older than my account.
  • Well hey now, you've been here longer than I have (possibly as long as trogdor) and I've only just found out about this episode about 7 months ago and I thought it was high quality enough to be heard at least 1-2 more times.
    I imagine there are very few people, like myself, who ever listen to/watch a podcast more than once. There are just too many episodes coming out all the time to justify repeats.
    You know what's weird to think about? I've been here and listening to GeekNights for over 2.5 years. It doesn't seem like it's been that long...
    I know how you feel. I think back and realize that I got into podcasting back in early 2006, and GeekNights was one of the first anime ones I tried (and is one of three that have stood the test of time). And it's always like, "Wow, that really was a long time ago, in Internet years."
  • We're HungryJoe, now. We're all old.
  • edited November 2009
    I imagine there are very few people, like myself, who ever listen to/watch a podcast more than once. There are just too many episodes coming out all the time to justify repeats.
    No, I've done that before during the first year I listened to Geek Nights. There are still a few I don't mind listening again because of sheer hilarity. Then I discovered more podcasts and audiobooks, so now it's just a once over and onto the next.
    We're HungryJoe, now. We're all old.
    I've been feeling like that for a while now. Especially today. I went to bed late and couldn't go to sleep until 1 AM because my neighbors car alarm activation horn indicator went off every 3 mins.

Having less than 4 hours of sleep is hurting me. I remember in my late teens and early twenties, this barely phased me. -_-
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Wasn't Yupa being kind of snobby about people who weren't there for the very earliest Dr. Who episodes? Does that work for Geeknights as well?
  • edited November 2009
    There are still a few I don't mind listening again because of sheer hilarity.
    Masturbation episode?
    Wasn't Yupa being kind of snobby about people who weren't there for the very earliest Dr. Who episodes? Does that work for Geeknights as well?
    I think it's different for GN. With GN, all of it is available at your fingertips, forever. Or at least, as close to forever as the internet allows. So there's less of an old fan/new fan divide.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • We're HungryJoe, now. We're all old.
    I started listening to this show in high school. I'm about to graduate college in the Spring...
  • Masturbation episode?
    Among others. ^_~
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited November 2009
    Wasn't Yupa being kind of snobby about people who weren't there for the very earliest Dr. Who episodes? Does that work for Geeknights as well?
    I think it's different for GN. With GN, all of it is available at your fingertips, forever. Or at least, as close to forever as the internet allows. So there's less of an old fan/new fan divide.
    I agree.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Wasn't Yupa being kind of snobby about people who weren't there for the very earliest Dr. Who episodes? Does that work for Geeknights as well?
    I agree.
    If someone tells me they've seen all the Dr. Who, I think that is equally sad as someone who has listened to all the GeekNights. If you're spending that much of your time consuming one single media, what kind of life is that?
  • I never said that I saw all of it, I said I saw a lot of it. I'm honestly surprised that people still remember that one moment of snobbishness that was contained in a post I made a while ago (which I regret doing). I seem to be getting more controversial on the forums, and rightfully so as I was in a mood at the time, but now I've gotten over it and there will be less of the aforementioned controversy made by yours truly, but I digress. You could say the same thing to any otaku or other similar die-hard fan of any media. Is it wrong or limiting to only consume one media? Yes it is. But I think that you can see that I'm not just interested in one media if you've seen what else I've posted regarding my interests and what I like.
  • edited November 2009
    I agree.
    If someone tells me they've seen all the Dr. Who, I think that is equallysadas someone who has listened to all the GeekNights. If you're spending that much of your time consuming one single media, what kind of life is that?
    Seeing all of Doctor Who is even sadder, since it requires more of your attention (being audio-visual rather than audio only). Besides that, a lot of the old Doctor Who serials are terrible. Personally, I've only seen a select few of the old series that I knew were good enough before I watched them.

EDIT:
    I originally posted that seeing all of Doctor Who was much sadder because there's so much of it, but it's only 735 Doctor Who serials and there's probably a comparable number of Geeknights episodes).
  • Dr. Who is one of those things where the mythology can be a lot more fun than the series. You can have a blast reading about the various intricacies of the series (Rassilon! Eye of Harmony!) on Wikipedia or the like, while the series themselves can occasionally be unbearable.

The new series rocks my socks though.
  • If someone tells me they've seen all the Dr. Who, I think that is equallysadas someone who has listened to all the GeekNights. If you're spending that much of your time consuming one single media, what kind of life is that?
    How many episodes of space train did you watch?
  • If someone tells me they've seen all the Dr. Who, I think that is equallysadas someone who has listened to all the GeekNights. If you're spending that much of your time consuming one single media, what kind of life is that?
    How many episodes of space train did you watch?
    How much space train did he brag about watching?
  • Galaxy Express 999 is different. She's a classy lady. Early Dr. Who bounces between "classy lady" and "three buck hooker."
  • Also I like how this thread got derailed within four posts. Anyone want to talk about the worst people in history?
  • How many episodes of space train did you watch?
    How many did you watch?
  • edited November 2009
    Galaxy Express 999 is different. She's a classy lady. Early Dr. Who bounces between "classy lady" and "three buck hooker."
    The main focus in Scott's post was on quantity, not quality, so it's perfectly reasonable to retaliate on those grounds. However, it does make much more sense to interpret it with quality in mind, especially when the comparison Scott made was between Geeknights and Doctor Who.
  • Really? Wow, I've been listening since late 2006. Jesus.