This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Worst People in History

2»

Comments

• I started listening early 2008. I remember mainly because the episode titled "What do we do?" really helped give me the balls to become a self-proclaimed atheist, which was a pretty big event in my life.
  • How many episodes of space train did you watch?
    How many did you watch?
    I'm on 8 right now. :D When do I get snobbing rights?
  • Let me take this moment to say that I didn't even realize that not believing in God was an option before I started listening to GeekNights.
  • Let me take this moment to say that I didn't even realize that not believing in God was an option before I started listening to GeekNights.
    I had much the same experience, in that GeekNights (in combination with Life of Pi), turned me from agnostic into atheist.
  • Before I discovered GeekNights™, I used to use unsightly, aluminum-infected antiperspirants. I would sweat all the time and get nasty orange stains all over my shirts. But now that I use GeekNights™, I sweat a lot less, smell better, and all my shirts are bright and clean! Thanks GeekNights™! *ting!*
  • Before I discovered Geeknights...I...Hmm...
    Didn't listen to a lot of...Podcasts? Hmm...
  • edited November 2009
    GeekNights put hair on my chest and turned me into a lean, mean crotch machine. Ladies can't stay away from me since I started listening to GeekNights; sometimes, I am forced to turn down all the sex I am getting from all of Rym and Scott's awesome advice because I get worried about dying of exhaustion (but not really, badasses like me don't get exhausted). Then, after listening to some "Rawr Rawr Fight Da Powa," I drink two liters of spiced rum, punch a baby, and play two games of Diplomacy at once while having lurid sex with all the girls from the artsy dorm down the way who wear huge headphones and horn-rimmed glasses. They ask me to call them as I leave aboard my pirate ship to sail for my private island (gained through advice from the "How Not To Suck" episodes), and I tell them I'll call. I never call.

Thanks GeekNights, for making me the envy of every non-pirate weenie on campus.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • ...(but not really, badasses like me don't get exhausted)...
    THAT sounds like a challenge. :D
    Hey, you supply the babies, and I will punch them.
    Hey, you supply the babies, and I will punch them.
    But we need those to fuel the killing machine. Clearly we'll have to come up with some other test of endurance.
  • edited November 2009
    >But we need those to fuel the killing machine. Clearly we'll have to come up with some other test of endurance.
    Okay, bring the indie girls wearing horn-rimmed glasses and huge headphones.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2009
    >But we need those to fuel the killing machine. Clearly we'll have to come up with some other test of endurance.
    Okay, bring the indie girls wearing horn-rimmed glasses and huge headphones.
    Giggity. This sounds like a very efficient and productive relationship.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited November 2009
    Really? Wow, I've been listening since late 2006. Jesus.
    3 Years and I still find this show interesting even with "The Fast Karate for the Geeknights" audio.
    GeekNights put hair on my chest . . . (but not really, badasses like me don't get exhausted).
    I have discovered a perpetual hair growing machine! I shall play the shaving episode on loop to WindUpBird.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • I tell them I'll call. I never call.
    I'm so proud. *Sniff*
  • HungryJoe, manliness sensei.