This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kindness of Your Day

Comments

• This sort of thing is why no matter how cranky Nine can be, I like him anyway.
  • My coworker is going to show my how to wield the magically Hibernate.
  • I had some time to kill and was going to head home, but I saw a girl from my class sitting at a fundraiser table for Haiti relief, so I sat down and kept her company for an hour and a half. Turns out she's from Kansas, a little homesick because she doesn't hang out with anyone local, and a geek...oh, and her husband loves to play board games. He just got an expansion for his copy of Pandemic. So I invited them over for dinner and board games on Saturday. Kindness leading to a Booh yah!
  • edited January 2010
    So I invited them over for dinner and board games on Saturday. Kindness leading to a Booh yah!
    !

You're introducing me to strangers?

This will end poorly.

EDIT: Today, I did a bunch of research and developed a well-worded argument so that my sister wouldn't have to stress out doing it herself.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Friends are letting me stay in their hotel room at PAX east.
  • You're introducing me to strangers?

This will end poorly.
    "Have you seen my Garmonella culture?"
  • You're introducing me to strangers?

This will end poorly.
    Well, it's only a possible date because of a kitten with feline AIDS. They might have to take it to the vet. We'll see what happens. Anyway, she's a fellow law student with better grades than me, and her husband is a board game geek. How can this possibly go wrong? ;)
  • she's a fellow law student with better grades than me
    Clearly, you need to eat her brain and absorb her knowledge.
    That was obviously Nuri's plan all along.
    Well, I never said I was going to provide dinner. Just that they were coming over for it. Bwahahaha.
    Well, I never said I was going toprovidedinner. Just that they were coming over for it. Bwahahaha.
    What about the board games?
  • He just got an expansion for his copy of Pandemic
    That's awsesome. I enjoy playing Pandemic. We played it on Halloween, in theme of zomies/horror type games.

My friends and I would role play to the characters/professions we were assigned. One of my friends, who played the Medic, was beyond emo. He would cry out, "It's so hard. I can't bear seeing all these sick people! I can only cure so much, but it keeps spreading!"

We would say, "Don't lose hope! What would Dustin Hoffman or Cuba Gooding, Jr. do? They never gave up. They were willing to be ran over by a plane!"

Then we lost, and blamed it all on the medic. That is one of the games that I enjoy losing to.
  • What about the board games?
    I'll provide some, and her husband will provide some. Her brain is not necessary for that.

Pandemic is like Arkham Horror, but less complicated to learn. It's often lost, but it makes winning that much more awesome. I've only played it once, but I enjoyed it quite a lot.
  • "Have you seen my Garmonella culture?"
    It's the Sciency version of "Do you wanna come up and see my Etchings?"
  • I sprained my knee on Thursday and Adam has been taking amazing care of me and keeping me entertained.
  • I sprained my knee on Thursday and Adam has been taking amazing care of me and keeping me entertained.
    Obligatory d'awwww.

D'awwwww.
  • I helped an old lady to dig her car out of the snow. I got +10 exp. on show shoveling/ digging :P
  • I brought a thread back to life.
  • Over the weekend, a couple of my best friends and I got drunk at their place. The next morning I was totally fine while both of them had major hangovers. I ended up spending the morning taking care of them in their own house. I don't know what it is, but there's something kind of adorable about drunk/sick people when they can't stop thanking you for helping them.
  • My husband went out of his way to bring me my ipod at work. ^_^
  • edited March 2010
    A stranger at the student center forgot his wallet. I paid for his lunch.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited March 2010
    +1 to your generosity stat. ^_^
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I've been taking care of Jed due his arm. He's been really babying me over my sickness though. I love him.
  • edited March 2010
    +1 to your generosity stat. ^_^
    It wasn't really kindness, he was just grinding.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • It wasn't really kindness, he was just grinding.
    I just pay Korean kindness farmers to power-nice my character.
    edited March 2010
    It wasn't really kindness, he was just grinding.
    I just pay Korean kindness farmers to power-nice my character.
    I now have a better reason to be an asshole.

EDIT: FUCK YOU.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I now have a better reason to be an asshole.

EDIT: FUCK YOU.
    I use the "Resist Dickery" buff.

Fuck yeah, Korean gaming labor!
  • Ever since I got my Kindle, it's been a pretty big conversation piece. I even managed to convince a few people (not intentionally) to buy one after they explicitly stated so due to me explaining what it was. It feels good to help people out after their initial inquiries.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey, does anyone want my 8800GT? I know a lot of you punk kids are always complaining that your computers are way way slow and can't play anything. Well, the 8800GT can play all these games, it just won't get insane frame rates on the newest stuffs. Of course, it's PCI Express x16. I imagine that most of you who have crap computers probably don't have PCIx16 slots. Still, I don't need it anymore, and it's just going to waste.
    Regardless of who it goes to, That's pretty damn generous of Apreche.

Specifically from me - The fact that he seems to have taken my request seriously is even more of a kindness, since I know I'm pretty critical of him quite often, and the way I go about it, while it's a case of not coddling him because I respect him, isn't exactly gentle or kind - and yeah, I do insult him directly from time to time - so considering paying such a kindness to such a frequent antagonist takes a pretty big pair of stones.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Was just at a Starbucks drive thru and when we got up to the window, the barista informed us that the car in front of us paid for our drinks. It was totally random. We didn't recognize the car at all. Jeremy and I were in such a shock that we forgot what it's like to have a random act of kindness bestowed upon us.

So we paid it forward and paid for the drinks for the people behind us. :D

What was even cooler, we were talking to the barista and he said that this stuff happens from time to time, especially during the holiday season. He said he has one customer every year that gives a $100 gift card and tells the baristas to use it to pay for any cop/uniformed officer that comes in.