This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kindness of Your Day

13»

Comments

• I had borrowed a mates PSP for a while. Brought a couple of games. Crisis core and Patapon. Was at the airport waiting for my flight to go see him for a long weekend, return PSP, play board games. Saw a kid and his mum, kid was playing PSP.

I asked mum if kid was allowed a game from a stranger. She was sweet.

Gave kid Crisis core, flew off into the sunset.

Hope that creates a nice memory for him.
  • Gave kid Crisis core, flew off into the sunset. LIKE A BOSS!
  • It's orientation time on campus now so there are lots of people about that aren't from around here. On Friday I was holding the door open for the lady behind me, like you do, and she looked baffled for a second before saying "Thank you so very much" and continuing on her day. She didn't sound like she was from The South (inasmuch as Orlando is in The South), so is door holding not as common in other parts of the country?
  • I'm getting gifted Steam games left and right! Thanks all you awesome people!
  • This wasn't today, but over the weekend, some of my campers formed a league of pirates. I told them a story of when I was a kid and my brother and I went to a pirate faire type thing (it was super small). I had just had eye surgery and so I had a bandage over my eye, which my parents called a "pirate patch" to try and get me happy. Since it wasn't black and was stuck to my eye, I didn't enjoy it. They dressed me in a ringed shirt and bandanna like a stereotypical pirate, while my brother got the awesome captain's jacket, hat, and (possibly) sword. I was super bummed out.
    So, over the weekend, at the mall, they bought me a pirate sword and inducted me into the league.
  • At ConnectiCon this past weekend, a guy complimented me on my jewelry for like 15 minutes and then when he reached for his wallet to buy a piece, the wallet was missing. I knew he was hanging out at another booth in the AC so I left the piece wrapped up for him with his friends there.

Later when he found his wallet he tried to pay for it. I wouldn't let him. He did buy another piece, though.

A girl accidentally dropped a keychain from my display as she removed it, and it made a perfect ringer on a glass bottle that was below the display on the table. I let her have the keychain for free.

I guess I've just spoiled these by sharing them. :-)