This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Black and White

Comments

• I just think that multiplayer should be more than just the usual vs, you should be able to travel around with a friend, maybe even tackle a really hard pokemon between the two. Perhaps some 2 player puzzles, kinda taking the WoW instance approach.
  • I'd also like to see a little more done with contests, to be honest.
    From what I understsand, HeartGold/SoulSilver will be introducing this event called the Pokethlon, which is like a new sort of contest where you pick a team of Pokemon to compete in a variety of mini-games. It looks pretty fun.
    That would be a welcome change. The old contest format and Pokeblock mixing was always kind of boring to me.
  • Pocket Monsters series all new production under development for release by the end of 2010

2010, January 29th

The latest news from Pokémon Company Managing Director Ishihara Tsunekazum the developers of the Pokémon series Game Freak, and Distributors Nintendo, is that the new work in the series is under development for release on the Nintendo DS by the end of 2010.

Since the first games in the series, Pokémon Red and Green in 1996, the distinctive characteristics of the games around the world has changed, with trading and battling between different versions. Customers around the world have rated the games highly, and around the world over 130,000,000 Pokémon games have been sold.

Pokémon games for Nintendo DS have made use of the two screens, touch screen and Wi-Fi features in their play. The new games, the first completely new work to be released since the release of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl 4 years ago, games which have sold 17,150,000 copies (5,800,000 games in Japan), are planned as an inventive rebirth, featuring completely new ways to play and new Pokémon.

Please look forward to game details and news from now until release.

Game Outline:
    Title: Pending
    Sales Agency: Pokémon Company
    Distribution: Nintendo
    Development: Game Freak
    Date of Release: Planned before the end of 2010
    Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price: Pending
    Genre: RPG
    System: Nintendo DS
    It is a new RPG, this could either mean a brand new RPG series, or a new Generation. I'm definitely leaning more towards Generation V, expecially because it's being developed by Game Freak. Game Freak only makes the main games.
  • I'm still waiting for them to make a pokemon researcher game.
  • I got my shiny Pichu yesterday. :D (Funny, I caught one wild a long time ago and it wasn't specially labeled "pikachu colored" :P)
    I don't really see it.
    Look with your heart.
  • I got my shiny Pichu yesterday. :D (Funny, I caught one wild a long time ago and it wasn't specially labeled "pikachu colored" :P)
    It's labeled differently because it expands Heart Gold/Soul Silver slightly.
    edited January 2010
    It is a new RPG, this could either mean a brand new RPG series, or a new Generation. I'm definitely leaning more towards Generation V, expecially because it's being developed by Game Freak. Game Freak only makes the main games.
    Others have said the same thing, that it could just as well not be the next installment of the main series as we know it. However it'll add new pokemon, and you'll still be fighting with them seeing as that's the base core of pokemon, so it'll just be a generation 5 regardless of how they change the main RPG.

EDIT:
    (Funny, I caught one wild a long time ago and it wasn't specially labeled "pikachu colored" :P)
    It's an event pokemon, it's not shiny. Just some made up 'lore' behind it and the spiky-eared female pichu. It's just bollocks so that they can make more anime and get people to keep people interested and coming. The pichu brothers are more awesome than this new pair.
    and it already has some bad-ass moves
    That's because your pokemon had that awesome move, so it's not better. Only the Lightball will make moves appear out of nowhere.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2010
    Others have said the same thing, that it could just as well not be the next installment of the main series as we know it. However it'll add new pokemon, and you'll still be fighting with them seeing as that's the base core of pokemon, so it'll just be a generation 5 regardless of how they change the main RPG.
    The only reason I posted the press release was that people were saying that it could be something else.
    Only the Lightball will make moves appear out of nowhere.
    I submit Rotoms alternate forms.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I submit Rotoms alternate forms.
    Harhar funny boy. I was talking about egg moves. Not regular moves, and even then, rotom basically just replaces moves in different forms (unless obviousbla). You even have to use a household item on it before it'll learn the move.
    The only reason I posted the press release was that people were saying that it could be something else.
    And we won't know untill they tell us more. Regardless it will be the fifth generation of pokemon games as they'll be expanding once more.
  • Pokémon Sunday has just finished airing in Japan and in the preview for next weeks episode, it shows Junichi Masuda revealling something. This corresponds with his blog post yesterday saying he'll be on to reveal about the new games. The episode of Pokémon Sunday is to feature the cast trying to work out whom the key character in the upcoming movie is. It is unknown if the reveal is for that or for the brand new games announced yesterday. We'll bring more on this as it comes.
    If they've got a "secret" new character for an upcoming movie, that brings up my hopes that this will actually be a generation V. New pokemon always have an intro in a movie before the new game is out.

Like Nine said, as long as it has new pokemon, it'll be a generation 5, no matter what the game is like.
  • [Post]
    Dammit, you beat me to it by an hour!
  • Dammit, you beat me to it by an hour!
    Oh it's on. >:D
  • Oh it's on. >:D
    We're gonna do this shit! Put your dukes u-oh wait. You're a woman, can't hit those unless DAT ASS.
  • We're gonna do this shit! Put your dukes u-oh wait. You're a woman, can't hit those unless DAT ASS.
    Oh damn, and here I was thinking we were gonna battle it out with cup sizes and all.
  • The only battling done here is in Pokemon or Rap form.
  • The only battling done here is in Pokemon or Rap form.
    Let's put those hands together.
  • Shit. I know all the lyrics to that song.
  • Shit. I know all the lyrics to that song.
    I only remember the last part (Charmeleon, Wartortle, ...). Did anyone else see that for Graveler, they just had a picture of a Geodude?
  • I only remember the last part (Charmeleon, Wartortle, ...).
    ... Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl. Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok, that's all folks! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
    Did anyone else see that for Graveler, they just had a picture of a Geodude?
    Same happens with Poliwrath at the start, has a picture of Poliwag.
    with cup sizes and all.
    ... eh what?
  • I suddenly wonder how much of my brain space is being taken up by remembering all 150 original pokemon and what the look like.
  • Just failed sarcasm on my part, Nine.
    I suddenly wonder how much of my brain space is being taken up by remembering all 150 original pokemon and what the look like.
    What about all 492?
  • edited February 2010
    What about all 492?
    493. You forgot Arceus.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • What about all 492?
    Possibly less that the near complete map of both Hyrule (OOT ver.) and Termina I have committed to memory.
  • edited February 2010
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Hardly.
    Just preserving it for posterity, Andrew.
  • Chansey used softboiled?
    493. You forgot Arceus.
    It figures. We homosexual pokemon trainers often tend to forget to include god in our lives...
  • 493. You forgot Arceus.
    It figures. We homosexual pokemon trainers often tend to forget to include god in our lives...
    I lol'd.
  • There probably won't be slot machines in this game because they got censored in HGSS. I'm ok with this because the game corner is garbage.