This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What to do with 3 hours?

edited February 2010 in Everything Else
Every Monday and Wednesday, I have three hours to kill between classes. I COULD study, but, really?
I'm looking for creative things to do that don't involve money. I'm fine with preparing for the thing ahead of time.

Suggestions?

Comments

edited February 2010
    Write a book. Read books. Learn to knit. Fold paper airplanes with a wingspan of a foot. Sleep. Listen to music/podcasts. Bring a large wooden block in a garbage bag with you and start carving wood in your three hours! BRING HEAVY WOOD.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Drive to my house, hang for 30 minutes, then drive back.
  • Parkour. RC Helicopter. DS. Pipe Smoking. Chatting with pretty ladies. Book reading. Kite Flying. Culture Jamming. Graffiti art. Pirate radio. Silent rave. Guitar playing. Mandolin playing. Djembe/Bongo playing (fuck yeah, Feynman). Writing poetry. Formulating recipes (I've been doing this a lot lately). Long walks. Bike rides. Learn to juggle. Busk. Hack a sack. Wifi hacking. Locksport (just bring a padlock and picks). Writing an RPG. Idea scribbling (carry a moleskine, write whatever). Work on a comic (trying this myself). Origami. Start random conversations. Frisbee. Slackline (fuck yes).
  • Trying many of those myself, or planning to.
  • RC Helicopter seconded!
  • Your school has a gym, right? Go work out. Draw, but of course I'd say that. Learn to play an instrument.
  • Learn to play an instrument.
    Pick up a harmonica and play in the quad. You'll suck at first, but it takes about a week to become basically proficient in the harmonica if you have pre-existing musical skill.
  • Furious masturbation.
  • Go hit on a cute art girl.
  • Make a poster to arrange a meeting of like-mined people.
  • Obviously you need to be indesive about what to actually do, looking at the back's of books, dvd's and games until 3 hours pass and you feel like you wasted the time.
  • Go hit on a cute art girl.
  • Make something. No shit-talking.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2010
    Make... shit...
    Pooping is always an option.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Go hang with friends in the same predicament. That's what has been getting me through the 4 hour gap. Or how about just
    Go hit on a cute art girl.
  • edited February 2010
    Furious masturbation.
    Make... shit...
    Hat-trick.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I COULD study
    Doing this would serve you best.
  • Doing this would serve you best.
    As long as you pay attention in class and read whatever you are supposed to read, you don't really have to spend that much time studying.
  • edited February 2010
    Am I the only one that is going to suggest that you study/complete homework? Use that time to complete your assignments and you will have more evening and weekend time free. If you don't use the time you will be robbing Peter to pay Paul essentially. If you complete your work, then pursue a cool creative project as suggested above.
    Furious masturbation.
    For 3 hours a day? Ouch!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I would read or use the time to do more art. I dunno if you can draw, but hey. :P Reading is awesome. I love using free time for it.
  • Am I the only one that is going to suggest that you study/complete homework?
    No, Kate. I'm with you. Once you get all your work done, you have more free time to do more fun things.

But seriously, do something as many others have suggested.
  • Am I the only one that is going to suggest that you study/complete homework?
    Probably.
    Hat-trick.
    I like the way you think, sir.
    I'm looking for creative things to do that don't involve money. I'm fine with preparing for the thing ahead of time.
    OK, OK. What are you majoring in? What are your career goals? Maybe you could use those 3 hours to do something productive in that direction.

Of course, as always, I advocate the "get laid" option.

By the way, are you still sporting that mustache?
  • edited February 2010
    Am I the only one that is going to suggest that you study/complete homework?
    Probably.
    OK, OK. What are you majoring in? What are your career goals? Maybe you could use those 3 hours to do something productive in that direction. Like completing his course work? Wasn't it Sonic who just complained about having a C- in a course that it was necessary for him to have at least a C in for him to switch to a Journalism major?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • GET A JOB!!!

You could try to get a work study at your school library, computer center, or student activities. This way you may have an opportunity to study, possibly talk to girls, and you get paid for it.
  • Learn to pick locks? It comes in handy.
  • Learn another language? Maybe spanish or japanese.
  • edited February 2010
    No, but seriously, what do you usually do with your free time? Just do that!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited February 2010
    Am I the only one that is going to suggest that you study/complete homework?
    Probably.
    OK, OK. What are you majoring in? What are your career goals? Maybe you could use those 3 hours to do something productive in that direction.
    Like completing his course work? Wasn't it Sonic who just complained about having a C- in a course that it was necessary for him to have at least a C in for him to switch to a Journalism major?
    Well, there's nothing I can do about that right now. That course wasn't a "study" course, but a "Write articles according to AP style and hope your teacher thinks you got it right" course.

And I'm already doing things to further my goals in broadcast journalism. I'm trying to start my own radio station. I've hit a few roadblocks, but nothing I can't handle.
    Learn another language? Maybe spanish or japanese.
    I already study japanese in some of my free time.
    You could try to get a work study at your school library, computer center, or student activities.
    I submitted my resume yesterday.
    Drive to my house, hang for 30 minutes, then drive back.
    Traffic in LA around noon? Besides, that's still spending money, although shifted a bit. Still, I'll try to do it at least once this semester.
    WALL OF OPTIONS
    I feel like I should have made a google moderator for this. Oh well, lesson learned.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You can watch between 6 and 9 episodes of anime in 3 hours. At that rate, it actually won't take long to finish a big show like Hokuto no Ken.
  • You can run for one hour, then you could relax for another hour (reading comic books/manga or watch some good anime), work on being more awesome.