This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Comments

• Apollo, noooo!!!
  • I say gold = 6 points, silver = 3, and bronze = 2. By that count, the U.S. is winning, it seems.
  • Its USA vs Canada for the finals Sunday 12:15PST and they are showing this game luckily on standard tv.

This is going to be a good game.
  • Its USA vs Canada for the finals Sunday 12:15PST and they are showing this game luckily on standard tv.

This is going to be a good game.
    I set my phone alarm to remind me.
  • Hockey is small time. Men's Curling Finals today at 6:00 PM EST.
  • I wonder if they will show the whole curling match instead of cutting to some other sport this time...
  • Basically a national tragedy happened at the 2010 Olympics: The Austrian men's team failed to capture a single medal in alpine skiing.

If you had predicted this here before the game started, you would have either been laughed out of your reputation or outright burned at the stake.
  • edited February 2010
    If you want a tragedy then try this. Remember, it's not about winning, it's about being protected at the victory party of the Swedish women's curling team.

Also: Win for Finland winning the bronze, fail for the main finnish newspaper printing "... Finland is the only country with two olympic ice hockey medals in the 00's".
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited February 2010
    Well, the headline is true, until tonight :)
    Except of course if you count women's ice hockey.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Olympics Fail of my day: NBC decided to announce that the men's hockey final was going to be live at 11 CST today, so I made extra effort to get up early so that I could see the hockey goodness. Woke up all tired and drearily turned on the TV, to find out that, oh, they're showing Cross-country live before the hockey final, and they didn't mention it. Derp.
  • edited February 2010
    Olympics Fail of my day: NBC decided to announce that the men's hockey final was going to be live at 11 CST today, so I made extra effort to get up early so that I could see the hockey goodness. Woke up all tired and drearily turned on the TV, to find out that, oh, they're showing Cross-country live before the hockey final, and they didn't mention it. Derp.
    It's at 3 EST
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It's at 3 EST
    Yeah, I looked it up this morning. The block schedule didn't say which event would come first, but I finally got an accurate listing. Thanks, though.
  • Well, you could have looked at the homepage of the Olympics rather than the TV listings for that.
  • Well, you could have looked at thehomepageof the Olympics rather than the TV listings for that.
    Yes, but hindsight is 20:20. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.
  • I just learned that cross country skiing is basically the same as F1, pit stops and all.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, I'm expecting the US to win. It's not certain, but it seems probable.
    EDIT: Now, after the first period, Canada seems more likely to win.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Mike Richards dominates the first period :)
  • I do not believe in miracles.
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, the U.S. is fucked.
    EDIT: Okay, they're back in with a chance.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • MIRACLES: I DO BELIEVE IN THEM.
  • Oh Canada, Oh canada, We stand on cars and freeze!
  • Worst good ending possible. Crosby plays like shit all game long, but of course he gets the overtime winner and now he's going to overshadow everybody else who contributed a lot more to that particular game than he did.

Well, Congrats to Team Canada and it's good to see Mike Richards earn a medal :)
  • Well, using my medal scoring, the USA still has the most points.
  • edited February 2010
    Worst Best good ending possible.
    FTFY
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I still can't believe we got bested by the nation responsible for poutine.
  • I still can't believe we got bested by the nation responsible for poutine.
    Fuck off, Poutine is fantastic.
  • Fuck off, Poutine is fantastic.
    Seconded.
  • Fuck off, Poutine is fantastic.
    I'm just saying, one doesn't usually equate french fries, gravy, and cheese with astounding athleticism.

That said, I would like to try poutine. Shit looks delicious.
  • I'm just saying, one doesn't usually equate french fries, gravy, and cheese with astounding athleticism.
    Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
    I would also like to try it, though.