This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Breaking Bad

Comments

• Am I crazy or was there like no advertising for this show until like a year or two ago? I feel like a lot of people I know personally had never heard of this show then all of a sudden were all over it.

It might just be a consequence of me hearing about all these trendy shows very early usually. But fuck TV.
  • I don't really look for advertising of shows on TV, I look at what is being hyped on the internet amongst like minded people and just watch those shows.

On a side note I am looking forward to this next season.
  • I have just reached season 4 via Netflix. Yeah, this show is good.

Poor Jesse, he has that inner heart where kids are involved yet Walt just drags him in...
  • edited August 2013
    I really have to catch up. Only 6 more episodes. Should be doable until the 2nd half of season 5 starts.
    This show is sooo good.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited August 2013
    One strange thing I have come to notice: Most of the important male characters either have very short hair or are completely bald. Walt, Jesse (halfway through season 4 forward), Gus, Mike, Hank, Tio, Tuco, the twins, Victor, Tyrus, Huell, and Combo.

Maybe that's because of the climate portrayed but I just find it odd.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • One strange thing I have come to notice: Most of the important male characters either have very short hair or are completely bald. Walt, Jesse (halfway through season 4 forward), Gus, Mike, Hank, Tio, Tuco, the twins, Victor, Tyrus, Huell, and Combo.

Maybe that's because of the climate portrayed but I just find it odd.
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair
  • I am almost caught up, have three episodes left to watch.

Not sure how the series should end but I think Walter has to die. His character has been given several 'outs' and he always willingly gets back in. If Walter lives he will just restart somewhere else.

While the series can end with Walter setting up shop somewhere else or as the new Meth King of the American Southwest I feel that because he is the main character that all events flow around for the show to have a satisfying end he must die. Could be from a return of the cancer or Jessie might finally realize what a master manipulator he has become and shoot him. It could even be Hank that puts him down.
  • Just caught up to season five mid season finale. Holy crap! Literally!
  • I think my friends are having a party to celebrate new season. I am not that old to have been watching T.V. seriously before The Sopranos but are we living in a television golden era?
  • Well we're in the beginnings of an excellent era of high-budget non-broadcast television... Whether gold, silver, or crystal blue, is hard to say.
  • Good episode. Best part tho, for me, was the KFC commercial showing a delivery truck.

I ain't gonna lie that Breaking Bad made me really crave some el fried chicken.
  • Best episode of Star Trek ever.
  • Best episode of Star Trek ever.
    Oh, yes, absolutely.
  • Imagine being the writer that got to do that.
  • Fantastic episode. Makes me wonder how they'll fill in the rest of the season since they already brought up the confrontation. Several tense moments.
    Best episode of Star Trek ever.
    and that Flash Forward. Oh, the fan-theories to come from this...

• The blueberries are frozen................. because it's space!
  • In the previous episode (at diner). When the waitress asked to see his ID for the free meal did it have his real name? Just trying to guess how long later those events happen.

Also the spraypaint on the wall says something if you account for the missing letters from something that used to be there.
  • I need to download or something so I can see what you mean, unless there a screenie somewhere?
  • In the previous episode (at diner). When the waitress asked to see his ID for the free meal did it have his real name? Just trying to guess how long later those events happen.
    Considering what he does and eat at the diner, it's pretty well established how much later these flash forward scenes are happening.
  • Considering what he does and eat at the diner, it's pretty well established how much later these flash forward scenes are happening.
    Look at the bacon.
  • That made my day. That is the best.
  • Still the best. I've shown like 20 people.

Cannot wait for Sunday, holy crap. Having no dayjob anymore makes the weeks CRAWL.
  • I think "powerful" sums up the epiosde Buried best. Everyone who has been waiting for the arcs of the female characters to crescendo need to see this.
  • Well, this had to happen at some point:
  • So... what was the significance of Lydia's very deep blue coat? Nothing good happened (or seemed to happen) in that set of scenes... unless there's some subtlety I'm missing. Or is it as banal as "a bunch of drug manufacturers got wasted"?
  • So... what was the significance of Lydia's very deep blue coat? Nothing good happened (or seemed to happen) in that set of scenes... unless there's some subtlety I'm missing. Or is it as banal as "a bunch of drug manufacturers got wasted"?
    There's actually a lot of study with color theory in the show, especially with the primary characters. I think Lydia just wore the big blue coat to show off, but that scene is very telling of who she is as a threat. She was always untrustworthy because of her nature and how she confronted her, but this felt like the first time she actually got involved with hurting people. However, there are two tidbits of the scene that are very telling.

1. Todd is the one who pulls her up from the meth lab with his men. I think with the disintegration of Gus's empire, I could see all meth being picked up by the Aryan Brotherhood.
    2. Lydia couldn't look at the dead bodies. We know now to take her as insidious and an actual threat, but that is a clear weakness to how she could be beaten by Walt or another person.
  • Blue has been said to represent "Good" forces on the show, while yellow represents "Bad" (even to the point of "Blue good, yellow bad" being on a children's drawing in the rear of a shot once (actually, in Lydia's house)). I wonder now if it was less general in meaning than most fans have taken it.

I was pretty surprised that the kid in the yellow shirt driving the yellow RC car outside Hank's garage didn't at least get his car smashed by Walt's car as he skidded off. I think the writers were deliberately taunting the uber fans... ;)
  • Skylar actually wore blue primarily for the first and second season, and even then she wasn't necessarily a morally good character. Yellow has represented bad for many of the characters, but I feel that it's more important to reflect on the darker shades. Lydia mostly wore grey/black business suits, I feel like the blue was her transitioning into doing some of the work directly.
  • edited August 2013
    Where does the blue meth fall in the good-bad color system?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on