This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sleep Is Death

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Interestingly, according to this comment by the author, the game is actually public domain, and he's only selling downloads, not licenses. So I guess it's free to share.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Buy it. Support open source games.
  • Interestingly, according tothis commentby the author, the game is actually public domain, and he's only sellingdownloads, not licenses. So I guess it's free to share.
    It's so cheap dude. If it was on steam for that price, you would buy it.
  • I'm making some sprites...
  • First SID story up on youtube
  • Wow, that was pretty shitty.
  • Interestingly, according tothis commentby the author, the game is actually public domain, and he's only sellingdownloads, not licenses. So I guess it's free to share.
    In that case, somebody send me a copy. I'm definitely going to buy it anyway, but I'm itching to play around with the editor right now.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks dudes (Funfetus whispered). I can't wait to play it with someone, though getting it to connect with a PC from my Linux box is going to be a trick. Hopefully I'll be able to fix my other computer within the next week or so. In the mean time I will be plotting.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • This story made my laugh really hard.
  • though getting it to connect with a PC from my Linux box is going to be a trick.
    Couldn't you just connect over the internet, rather than through the local network? Or do the different versions of the game just not play nice with each other?
    Thisstory made my laugh really hard.
    Body slam!

Even though this is really just a freeform storytelling game, and you could just as easily do it by talking to each other, I feel like the constraints of the game (mainly the controller having to come up with shit really quick) make for a much more interesting time.
  • I just played a really long SID game with a dude who was really good at controlling it. It was a murder mystery, and was pretty well constructed. The thing is, I did not go along with the typical game plan. Instead of acting like a person in a movie, I acted like myself, and got shit done. Because of connection problems, it is in four parts. The third part has all the real action, though. The fourt part is just a handful of screens because it errored right before the end. to its credit, the game does a really good job of picking up where you left off after a connection error.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
  • edited April 2010
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast just messing around with the editor.

Something noir this way comes.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Something noir this way comes.
    I already want to play that.
  • edited April 2010
    I just played a really long SID game with a dude who was really good at controlling it. It was a murder mystery, and was pretty well constructed. The thing is, I did not go along with the typical game plan. Instead of acting like a person in a movie, I acted like myself, and got shit done. Because of connection problems, it is in four parts. The third part has all the real action, though. The fourt part is just a handful of screens because it errored right before the end. to its credit, the game does a really good job of picking up where you left off after a connection error.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Your biting remarks compared to the controller that's trying to go the more cliched route make this all so more awesome. I could practically hear your voice in my head.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Your biting remarks compared to the controller that's trying to go the more cliched route make this all so more awesome. I could practically hear your voice in my head.
    Yeah, it was interesting. While I was obviously thinking in the meta, I tried very hard not to break the fourth wall. The controller eventually gave up on that, but only a little bit, so it didn't ruin the experience.
  • It's amazing how recognizable Scott is, even when playing a game.
  • I played my first game of SiD tonight. I worked out that I can play from this machine, but not host, so I hopped on a laptop and played a game with my brother. Suffice to say, it was a hilarious disaster.
  • New music editor coming within the next few days:

• New music editor coming within the next few days:
    Thank goodness. It's hard as shit to make appropriate music for a noir-themed game with what I've got now. :P
  • Anyone know what other updates are in v14?