This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• I'm going digital on Smash, I want it on my system AT ALL TIMES.

Oh, and just buy a 2nd hand 3DS for cheap, then get the new one later next year.
  • I'm going digital on Smash, I want it on my system AT ALL TIMES.

Oh, and just buy a 2nd hand 3DS for cheap, then get the new one later next year.

I also want it AT ALL TIMES, which is why I can't risk losing it when the device is lost/broken/obsolete. I gotta have that cartridge which is safe forever. I don't trust Nintendo like I trust Steam.

Buying a used 3DS not a bad strategy, especially if you get the old style one for cheap. 2DS not a bad strategy either.
  • If I'm buying smash - just kidding I will be - it'll be a physical copy because I don't want to pay 20 bucks more just to buy it on e-shop, than in a physical form that they had to make and ship all over the place.
  • Nintendo should spend whatever it takes to reconfigure the ID system. My only worry has been if I lost my 3DS I'd be fucked. I've never lost a handheld of any sort ever but if someone stole it...
  • My students have been taunting me all week talking about how good it is, so I've been considering going to buy a 3DS, but I don't wanna be unable to play English games because of region locking. Is the eshop region locked too, or only physical games?
  • Ruffas said:

My students have been taunting me all week talking about how good it is, so I've been considering going to buy a 3DS, but I don't wanna be unable to play English games because of region locking. Is the eshop region locked too, or only physical games?

You can only buy things from the appropriate shop.
  • Everything I've been reading says that as long as you don't register a Nintendo ID, you can change the region on the shops, so what incentive is there to make one?
  • Ruffas said:

Everything I've been reading says that as long as you don't register a Nintendo ID, you can change the region on the shops, so what incentive is there to make one?

Some games require one like Rusty Real Deal Baseball and Sub Wars
  • Also transferring stuff if your console does fuck up requires one so you'll probably have to make the decision at some point.
  • As long as I can make a decision that involves being able to download English games.
  • I was platinum this past go round and did not receive any advanced codes. I also missed out on my reward because they only had a two week claim window.
  • Nintendo Network ID's can be transferred to a new system. Along with all your digital purchases. I believe you just need to know the serial number of the device that was lost/stolen/broke.

At any rate, I buy all my games physical... Except for this one game, Smash. It must always be there. Ready to go. For the sake of one game, and maybe an extra $20 over physical, I will pay that for the everlasting convenience. . But just this once.
  • HMTKSteve said:

I was platinum this past go round and did not receive any advanced codes. I also missed out on my reward because they only had a two week claim window.

To be fair, Nintendo is definitely cutting costs, and the rewards were shit this year. Just free game downloads. I went for Donkey Kong on 3DS b/c it was by far the most expensive of the games I didn't own. The game was not worth it. I regret the time I put in.

• Next Year may have been a bit of an overestimation - Turns out that, in Australia at least, the new 3DS XL comes out 21st of November, with a big hands-on debut-preview thingy at PAX AUS.
  • Churba said:

Next Year may have been a bit of an overestimation - Turns out that, in Australia at least, the new 3DS XL comes out 21st of November, with a big hands-on debut-preview thingy at PAX AUS.

Given that AUS versions of the 3DS can play EU games and vice-versa, I foresee a bootleg market popping up if they don't roll a Euro release shortly after. Personally, I think Nintendo would be stupid to miss the boat on the holiday selling season in the US, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, the same company that's been making buckets of bad decisions in the last couple years.
  • Apreche said:

Yeah, I'm settled on getting it if my 3ds kicks the bucket, which seeing how I carry it around everywhere, is a distinct possibility.

Ah, a classic maneuver known as "The Rym." Avoid feeling bad about buying new hardware by physically breaking the old hardware.
    I honestly have no idea why you accuse me of this. I hold on to things until the bitter, bitter end. I used that Nexus S until I literally couldn't anymore. I used my DS phat until the screen finally broke, and even then I didn't buy a new DS for a good lone while. I bought my new bike before the old one was toast.

Do you think I sabotaged my old k7 motherboard with the 800MHz CPU so I could buy a Thunderbird 1GHz? What do you think I've broken to get something new? ;^)

• Ok. I think I've finally added everyone on here.

Also, Themes. I want the Animal Crossing one, but it's not available.

(>人<;)
  • I got one of the New 3DSs yesterday. The 3D looks -a lot- better that what I remember from the older 3DS; it doesn't even hurt over longer play sessions, which is a new thing for me and 3D. And as folks have already said, new Smash Bros. is the business. A+ would recommend (especially since it's only $8 more than the old 3DS here).
  • I'll probably get the New 3DS LL when it comes out in the States, because I'm using a normal-sized 3DS right now and it's occasionally hard to see what I'm smashing.
  • I bought Animal Crossing and Smash as digital.
  • Is there anything like a messaging system to send IMs between people on your friends list?
  • No. <_<
  • There used to be but it was gimped when Nintendo expanded streetpass with access points.
  • HMTKSteve said:

There used to be but it was gimped when Nintendo expanded streetpass with access points heard people were sending drawn penises using it.

• The added functionality afforded to streetpass via the access points changed it. It is one thing to send a penis to someone you walk past and quite another to spread those penises all over the world!!!
  • So basically what you're saying is it went from being a replacement for Dicktochat to being a global distribution of Dicktochat.
  • Got smash DS and Got Smash WiiU and play Animal Crossing, why (0387-8817-7309)
  • I'm playing through Alpha Sapphire and then Persona Q comes out on Tuesday, pretty much assuring I don't touch any of my other games for a good while. :|

• Does Persona Q have anything to do with the Persona series?
  • edited November 2014
    Yup, it's a crossover between the mechanics of Etrian Odyssey and the characters of Persona3/4.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on