This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• That is interesting. GameCube and every console before it had must-play titles at launch. Since then every console that has come out has taken months, or even a year (or never) before must-play titles appear. I would say it might be that games take longer to make now, and console makers aren't giving devs the things they need early enough. But if that's the case, how come Nintendo can't even have a hit for its own console on launch?
  • I don't know, that is the question. Nintendo should be the dev that avoids this. Blame Miyamoto's/Japanese perfectionism, perhaps? They are willing to give devs theoretically infinite time to make new games in the core franchises people care about.

Look at Pikmin. I absolutely adore it, but it's technically a B or C list Nintendo franchise compared to Mario and Zelda. Miyamoto still had SEVERAL years to make Pikmin 3. It was even delayed, and despite being a great game, it did not have an extra 9-months of work in it. It was a highly polished, but fairly short and non-extensive game. Now they're pumping out DLC, but still.
  • Reviews are suggesting the upcoming Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda game in years.

Dunno whether they're right or not, but I am SO hype on this soundtrack.

• Pete and I have acquired 3DS technology. Who wants to be our friends? Since it appears you have to mutually add each other's codes... I'm in the spreadsheet now.
  • I added you. :)
  • Added you and a few other people I missed the first time.
  • edited December 2013
    For anyone who wants it, my code is 2552-2133-4091.

I'll spend a little while later on adding all the codes in the spreadsheet, so if yours isn't there, chuck it up here and I'll add you too.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Christmas is over and now I have my very own 3DS instead of a borrowed one! CODE TIME!

2165-6677-6117
  • Got a 3DS for Christmas. Added everyone on the spreadsheet (as Cameron)
    1564-3673-3514
  • Went back through and added everyone I've missed.
  • One of these days I'll actually add people. I don't play any multiplayer games on 3DS anyway.
  • So I just beat the elite four and started messing with the Friend Safari. So here is my FC: 5214-9452-7100
    I figure I'll just go through this thread an add all the codes I see, any one who is still playing pokemon can go ahead and add me... And ya know be my "friend".
  • Neito said:

Is there a better/more reliable place to share friend codes? 'Cause if not, 2638-0681-9642
    I guess it's time to re-link the spreadsheet.

• I have also added myself to the list.
  • I also wanted to let you guys know about this YouTube Video's comment section which is sort of being used as a more real time friend code exchange. What you do is post a comment introducing your self and you friend code, and each reply you get is someone who has added your code, so you add them back and there you have it.
  • By the way, Does anyone know if you can add a DS Thick Friend code to your friend list?
  • Im going to add everyone on the list too. Is anyone going to play Bravely Default? There is some kind of friend interaction that lets you use special abilities in combat if you have friends playing.

• Im going to add everyone on the list too. Is anyone going to play Bravely Default? There is some kind of friend interaction that lets you use special abilities in combat if you have friends playing.

I got the demo of Bravely Default to see WTF it was. Haven't played it yet.

• It's a Final Fantasy with AR stuff jammed in.
  • It's supposedly a GOOD final fantasy.
  • People on Twitter were buzzing about some new Chibi Robo game. I never played the original, but I headed to the eShop to check it out anyway. Looks like minigames + AR, and it's $10. Pass. Will come back if reviews come in surprisingly good and it goes on sale one day.
  • I added my code and James' code to the spreadsheet.
  • I did about two battles of the Bravely Default demo. The battle system certainly seems interesting, and is trying to add an interesting mechanic. My problem is that the party that the demo gives you has no one knowing any magic. Meaning no healing at all. Kinda butts.

I'll probably try it again at some point before I decide if I pick up the game when it comes out next month.
  • Axel said:

I did about two battles of the Bravely Default demo. The battle system certainly seems interesting, and is trying to add an interesting mechanic. My problem is that the party that the demo gives you has no one knowing any magic. Meaning no healing at all. Kinda butts.

I'll probably try it again at some point before I decide if I pick up the game when it comes out next month.

Head into the scroll shop and pick up the usual things like Cura, Poisona etc.

All you party can use them if you subclass White Mage or Red Mage skills.

The demo does not tell you a lot. But it's all there.

• edited January 2014
    I haven't tried the demo but the wiki and the small bit of media coverage I've seen on the game suggest its just Final Fantasy with a slight twist to the combat system which literally every Final Fantasy has had (at least past 6). The first video I'd seen about it had the most laughably awful voice acting I've heard. Dunno if that changed at all.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited January 2014
    So I added everyone who is on the Friend code list, but only a few people have added me back. Just realized this might sound a little whiny... I just really wanna get some more Friend safari zones.
    Post edited by kravenoff42 on
  • I'm working on it. I added 10 so far.
  • I'm working on it. I added 10 so far.

Just did the whole list. I now have about 20 friends!!

One of you BETTER be playing Bravely Default.... O_o

• Is there some sort of multiplayer component to that game, or would you just be ashamed to know us if we weren't playing?
  • edited January 2014
    Matt said:

Is there some sort of multiplayer component to that game, or would you just be ashamed to know us if we weren't playing?

There is indeed a multiplayer component.

I'm not 100% on how it works, but it's something along the lines of being able to use friends characters (or copies of them?) in your battles. Or their special abilities. Or something. SOMETHING!

I need this unknown thing.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on