This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dwarf Fortress 2010

1235»

Comments

• It's cool, I know you didn't mean anything by it. I'm just somewhat gruff by nature.
    Highfive! Two gruff Aussies making an awesome game about dorfs.
  • edited April 2010
    It's cool, I know you didn't mean anything by it. I'm just somewhat gruff by nature.
    Highfive! Two gruff Aussies making an awesome game about dorfs.
    Dude, as a nation, We love Booze, Fighting, are generally quite enthusiastic about physical activity, won't shy away from hard work, curse more than most, and are usually quite gruff and no nonsense, and are generally tougher than old boots/harder than iron nails - We practically ARE dwarfs.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • We practically ARE dwarfs.
    SPARTAN dwarfs, brother.
  • We practically ARE dwarfs.
    SPARTAN dwarfs, brother.
    But not this guy:
  • The new version is out here. It's got the 40d merges (OpenGL implementation and Mac/Linux support).
  • Technically, he should have been using a spoon, as much of DF's difficulty comes from just trying to work the interface.
  • I contest that.

He should have been using the back end of a spoon, since you'd have to be an idiot to keep playing.
  • Alright, since the DORF isn't going anywhere any time soon, maybe we should give in and get a succession campaign going? I've just picked it back up, but I'd love to hop in and do some dorfing.
  • Alright, since the DORF isn't going anywhere any time soon
    Something is in the works, but it's essentially just Scott and me.
  • Something is in the works, but it's essentially just Scott and me.
    My current queue.

1) PAX
    2) NYAF/NYCC
    3) Finish this other thing.
    4) DORFAGE
  • RymRym
    edited August 2010
    My queue:

1) PAX
    2) NYCC/NYAF
    3) Personal stuff
    4) Pragma party
    5) GeekNights Con
    6) DORF
    Post edited by Rym on
  • The project has taken a dramatic turn but has made great progress. I've decided to dump trying to make our own engine and just use libtcod, a very impressive 8-bit/ascii library.

Also, I'm currently working on tech and tools. Scott and I had the first successful multiplayer code test last week, which is a good sign. As for the objective, well...
    Persistent massive multiplayer would make a goal emerge.
  • Yeah, it's kind of pointless to go in the direction we were headed before since Goblin Camp sort of has it covered.
  • Yeah, it's kind of pointless to go in the direction we were headed before since Goblin Camp sort of has it covered.
    Not only that, but I really want to see how the idea of emergent behavior can be explored in a multiplayer environment.
  • edited August 2010
    So what's the plan then? What are you trying to make since goblin camp has filled the previous niche?
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited April 2011
    So what's the plan then? What are you trying to make since goblin camp has filled the previous niche?
    You tell me. Additionally, I would really like to make the game space themed as I was pleasantly inspired by this (now seemingly defunct) game's video:
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited February 2012
    Too make a long story a lot shorter.
    Nineless Just Came Glitter.
    That's been the past several hours for me now that DF .34 has been released.
    Post edited by Not nine on