This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Images of Muhammad

124»

Comments

• There are numerous sites that have sprung up, but none as central. Muslimentalists are hitting sites, mostly facebook, pretty hard with cyberspam and general hate and gloating a lot on their anti-EDMD pages on Facebook. I'm pretty disappointed in Facebook, but I probably won't ditch it since it's a really easy way to keep in touch with distant friends and family.

That being said, I'm pretty certain a website or blog will pop up somewhere and make the powers of the anonymous defenders of freedom of expression seen again. I made a point to post that, while the FB site may be gone, you can't kill an idea.
  • What are our facebook alternatives? I'm ready to move on.
    Honestly I don't believe there is a viable social site that would not shut down a page if they had lots of angry people prone to blowing themselves up protesting you.
  • Diaspora...hahahahahhaha
  • This is officially my favorite:

• This is officially my favorite:
    Ho hoho, that is now also my favorite.
  • That's good.
  • It earned bonus points with me because I love Margaurite and like that painting in particular.
  • edited May 2010

This is not my cat, it is in fact the exact likeness of Mohammed the Prophet. That thing that looks like a stuffed penguin in the background is also the exact likeness of him as well.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • Dude don't know shit about Europe?
    There are some things you foreign fuckers just don't get.

Problem?
    Dude, we are the top and originators of western culture.

Suck it.
  • I'm sad that I was unable to draw anything for the actual day, so I'll do something this week. It's too good of an opportunity to miss.
  • I have a vision. I'll probably use my awful artistic abilities to their fullest sometime later this week.
  • This is the most clever and most appropriate response by Muslims to EDMD that I've read about, and the atheists who were on campus were being whiny bitches after the fact. If more people responded as the Muslim group on the campus did, EDMD would be double hilarious because it would involve freedom of speech being countered with more clever freedom of speech.
  • edited May 2010
    What those Muslims did was both hilarious and awesome. Talk about making lemonade from lemons.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Yeah, I thought that was a great counter-protest.
    That's the thing: Muslims don't have like this sort of action, but I want them to take it with good humor and poise. It's the difference between a kid who gets teased and then goes crazy and beats the snot out of the teaser, versus the kid who makes a witty quip right back at the aggressor and gets the class to laugh at it.
  • ...versus the kid who makes a witty quip right back at the aggressor and gets the class to laugh at it.
    I used this to great effect as a kid and it truly is the better route.
  • I want to get an actual M1 Garand and put "This Machine Kills Fascists" on the furniture.
  • Rym said:

I wonder how many people realize where that sayings from.
  • Greg said:

I wonder how many people realize where that sayings from.

It was on Woody Guthrie's guitar. Unlike his guitar, however, Garands have actually killed fascists. And Communists.
  • ...and nationalists and patriots and women and children and pets and certain microbes. Those Diatoms had it coming.
  • ThatGent said:

...and nationalists and patriots and women and children and pets and certain microbes. Those Diatoms had it coming.

To be fair we're really really sorry about the noncombatants.
  • Those Diatoms had family!