This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Muppet, again, you are taking this far too personally. My dislike of you has nothing to do with anything about you except the way you respond to people on this forum. Every single post you are making now just shows how much you don't understand this, I know, but I might as well point it out one more time.

What I find most dickish and annoying about your conduct on the forum isn't your opinions or your arguments, it's the way you act once an argument is "over". No matter who you are interacting with, or what the original topic of debate might have been, it always comes down to you. It comes down to the misunderstanding about you. It comes down to other people's biased opinion about you. It comes down to you having the last word. It comes down to someone apologizing to you. It comes down to you expressing how much you don't understand how yet another person could possibly be mistaken about your flawless character. It comes down to you once again asking where you said a certain point, and harping on about it until other admit you are correct.

And you are doing the same thing in this thread. The only thing I find objectionable is the very thing you are doing now. At the moment, it's my own actions that are letting you continue, but I'm doing so to make a point. You do it here, and each time you do, I'm pointing out, again, how annoying it is. Maybe, by doing so, you'll learn that by repeating the same behavior in so many other threads, you are making this forum a drag for so myself and so many others.

Do you understand? Are you beginning to see?

So... your call.
    Best protection from a Paladin.
  • Relentlessly posting on-topic, I like this.

• edited October 2012
    Luke.The only arguments that have come down to me defending myself are those in which I've been attacked personally. It's when people go from "your idea is wrong" to "you're a bad person for having this position". This is not a compelling case you're making, its blaming the object of aggression for the aggression. All your condescension and all your expounding don't change reality. You're not "letting" me do anything. You are attacking me personally. I am responding to those personal attacks, which require me to discuss myself.

And now I am done with this.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Where have people said you're a bad person, muppet?
  • Relentlessly posting on-topic, I like this.

So funnily enough my roommate does that to people at airsoft events. He has a CO2 rocket launcher that he loads a red dildo in and fires it at unsuspecting people. He is sort of a monster in that sense.
  • It's always not your fault. Got it.
  • WTF!?

Goodbye, #geek shows! via @GoldieChan RT @MTVGeek: G4 cancels Attack Of The Show and X-Play

ow.ly/eNPxv
  • Wow, just realized Adam Sessler left G4 back in April. Not really anyone else on that network I cared about so no loss here.
  • edited October 2012
    WTF!?

Goodbye, #geek shows! via @GoldieChan RT @MTVGeek: G4 cancels Attack Of The Show and X-Play

ow.ly/eNPxv
    I mentioned it on G+, but I'll say it again, I'm not surprised. I've almost never heard anyone say anything about Attack of the Show unless they were attacking Olivia Munn about it(and she's not been on since 2010). I'd never heard of X-play at all, but for people attacking Morgan Webb about it.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Since I stopped paying attention to G4 the only person I have heard about is Adam Sessler, and that is due to the amount of respect some people I have a decent opinion of in video game journalism have for him. Otherwise I have not really heard anyone saying anything about that network, although I avoid haters so I probably could have just not noticed some of the same types of things Churba has heard.
  • Otherwise I have not really heard anyone saying anything about that network, although I avoid haters so I probably could have just not noticed some of the same types of things Churba has heard.
    It's mostly because every time either one of them come up - the former more often than the latter, admittedly, thanks to ME3 and Newsroom - some jackass angry neckbeard crawls out of the woodwork to express his disgust that they're not gaming-obsessed aspies with a photographic memory and a exclusive fetish for angry, gaming-obsessed neckbeards.

• edited October 2012
    I just received the following mass email from the Radio Television Digital News Association on Campus:
    Hey guys,

We won't be meeting Wednesday for the Halloween Party Mixer.

We'll see you the following week, November 7th, for our audio workshop with Victor Khaze in the Ventura Room at 5 p.m!!!

Hope you had a great weekend!
    This is the first I've heard of this. I have a class that day from 4-7pm. Who the hell confirmed this?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • One thing that grinds my gears is that I seem to have a better knowledge of how laws relate to the internet better than some business owners. Case in point:

Judge Judy, a young woman was suing a strip club because they used a risque image that she had taken with another photographer of her for an advertisement for their club without her permission. They also had the guy who designed the ad there, and his defense was basically "Well I found it on the internet so I thought it was all right." and the representative of the club implied that if she didn't want this to happen she shouldn't have had the photos on the internet. Judge Judy spelled it out for the two scumbags: If you don't have a person's permission and don't compensate them for your use, you cannot use an image of their likeness for commercial purposes.
  • This and this are NSFW.

And this is just...I don't even know.
  • edited November 2012
    That third thing, the comic? Here's the full version. It gets weirder. (NSWF, obviously)

Ross Campbell, the artist, is a strange man.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Crazy woman being crazy. I guarantee you won't see this coming.

• This is why you preview posts.
  • The guy on the far left is trying really hard to keep it together.
  • Why in the goddamn hell is there bacon in my freezer?
  • Why in the goddamn hell is there bacon in my freezer?
    Strategic Bacon Reserve?