This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• How do you walk that makes it difficult to wear slippers (especially ill-fitting ones)?

• Eh, close enough.
  • It says something about me that whennI saw your link, my reaction wasn't "whaaaaat?" but rather "HATOFUL BOYFRIEND! OMG!"
  • I approve of every part of that image but the unblurred name.
  • I love that child. She is a treasure.
  • What I don't even...
  • Also was looking up "how to insert..." and was going to follow with an image in HTML but the two of the first suggestion were "Insert a tampon" or "Insert a tampon video".
  • What is this I don't even.
  • So basically... the word "rape" just means normal sex now?

"Let's go have some rape!"
  • According to Republicans, at any rate.
  • edited October 2012
    According to Republicans, at any rape.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • What pisses me off are all the people saying "If you're a woman, you should NEVER vote Republican" as if men should be chill with this.
  • edited October 2012
    I always thought the rape argument, or trying to use it as a wedge against anti-abortion, to be a red herring. While it demonstrates that these Republicans are a bunch of heartless psychopaths, that is mostly an emotional appeal. It doesn't really help the situation either, because even if the argument succeeds it will only bring about slightly less horrible legislation than it could be, but the legislation is horrible still.

I think its more potent to illustrate the basic human rights violation in forcing women to become incubators, stripping them of their bodily autonomy and pushing them into a risky medical condition (or seeking an even more dangerous back-alley medical procedure, thus the government causing much more harm than good). Of course, I did have one guy argue against that too, saying that the government already does that by force-feeding prisoners who are on hunger-strike. Of course, the moral bankruptcy of comparing pregnant women to prisoners was lost on him.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • What pisses me off are all the people saying "If you're a woman, you should NEVER vote Republican" as if men should be chill with this.
    I agree. Nobody should ever vote Republican.
  • Yeah, it should be "If you're a decent human being at all, you shouldn't vote Republican." :-P
    Despite all of this dismissal of rape, anti-birth control, anti-choice, anti-health stuff, etc... still seeing a ton of poor southern religious women fawning over McSleezy and Mc... Sleezy jr. I'm sorry, despite all the bad things, Paul Ryan is NOT hot. He really creeps me out, and I can't stand looking at him. Maybe its because he reminds me of my old crazy christian fanboy boss who thought he was hot stuff. -_-
  • Romney and Ryan just LOOK like untrustworthy, oily losers. If I had no idea who either of them was, I would still innately distrust them both.

So maybe that makes me a bad guy, but I admit I make similar judgments about people I see on the street on a daily basis. Some people just exude figurative slime and smog from their persons.
  • They're taking Murdock out of context. He doesn't like rape any more than any of us, he just feels so strongly about the sanctity of life he doesn't feel there's any justification for an abortion except if the woman's life is in danger from carrying the baby. His opponent feels the same way, just isn't a republican and didn't put it like that.
  • edited October 2012
    I personally have serious ethical and moral questions concerning abortion... however, I'm also 100% in favor of birth control education and ease of access, including access to the "morning after pill." I may not like abortion and may not want it to stick around, but I feel the best way to limit abortions is to provide every contraception method possible so that a woman would never even have to face the prospect of choosing to have an abortion.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
    Because individual candidates never waver from their party's stances....

Seriously, even Jefferson and Adams agreed on this.
  • It doesn't matter what context it's in when you tell a group of atheist women that their rape was ordained by God. Good luck with that.

Religious women falling for that is maybe more likely but still not very likely.
  • It doesn't matter what context it's in when you tell a group of atheist women that their rape was ordained by God. Good luck with that.

Religious women falling for that is maybe more likely but still not very likely.
    He DIDN'T SAY the RAPE was ordained by god!
  • edited October 2012
    What pisses me off are all the people saying "If you're a woman, you should NEVER vote Republican" as if men should be chill with this.
    Because individual candidates never waver from their party's stances....

Seriously, even Jefferson and Adams agreed on this.
    The modern Republican Party is so far gone that you have to be mentally deficient to vote for them no matter what your particular wedge issue is. You know it's coming bundled with regressive and evil social policies and absolute craziness. The number of politicians that EVER vote outside of party lines is so vanishingly small that it's actually insane to argue that your Republican isn't as bad as other Republicans. It doesn't matter if he is or isn't, he will vote with them on 97% of everything.
    Post edited by muppet on

He DIDN'T SAY the RAPE was ordained by god!
    Yeah he did. He says that if a rape results in a pregnancy, then God meant for that pregnancy to occur. Are you saying that God just hits the "pregnancy" button and leaves it up to the universe to work out the details and rape is as good a method as any other?
  • Again you're taking him out of context Muppet. Are you so blinded by your belief that all republicans are brain dead retards that maybe, just maybe, this guy meant something besides what he said?

Granted I know his stance is based in religious belief but I'd call him more of an asshole for saying you can get an abortion after a rape, because THEN he sounds like he's punishing women for having sex! At least he's being consistent here!
  • Wait, so which is it? Am I taking him out of context, or did he mean something besides what he said? Those aren't the same thing. Are you his official interpreter? Can you give us your insight into what he actually meant so it's clear to us who can't read his mind?
  • edited October 2012
    He meant he doesn't believe a baby should be killed, even if the circumstance of their conception is rape, based on religious principles.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on