This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movie suggestions for the last couple of days of class.

13»

Comments

• Clearly they need to see the movie "KIDS" because then they will not have sex until they are 30.
  • The Faculty.
  • Also, everyone who discussed DDD with any sort of seriousness also get's an 'F'. Right now. I'm not kidding.
    'F' means Fantastic. Right? I've never been very good at algebra.
  • edited August 2010
    Good thing I read the entire thread. Didn't really want to get punched in the cock.

Anyway, two suggestions: Blues Brothers and Amelie. Snatch is probably too violent to not get you into trouble but that would have been my third suggestion. If you pick a Ghibli movie, I'd go with Grave of the Fireflies. Or go with Summer Wars. Can't really go wrong there.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still.
  • edited August 2010
    Good thing I read the entire thread. Didn't really want to get punched in the cock.
    -_- Indeed. Though you wouldn't be the first.
    Anyway, two suggestions: Blues Brothers and Amelie. Snatch is probably too violent to not get you into trouble but that would have been my third suggestion. If you pick a Ghibli movie, I'd go with Grave of the Fireflies. Or go with Summer Wars. Can't really go wrong there.
    BB is a great movie, but can't really tie it in to studio art. Amalie is also great, but there are no notable visual artists/painters who worked on them. Ghibli is on the list, but GotF is totally out of the question. I don't want to depress the kids!
    I have not seen Summer Wars, so I couldn't judge if that would be good for them or not.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Big Fish.
  • Dark Crystal is going over very well.
    Evangelion was met with resistance by one of my students at first, but then he asked me if he could have the boxed set, or if I had the old tapes lying around. Same student also said the LCL reminded him of blood, that he bet the Eva was alive, that Rei was related to Shinji's mom, and that Shinji's mom was linked to Unit 1 while WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE. Jesus.
  • Same student also said the LCL reminded him of blood, that he bet the Eva was alive, that Rei was related to Shinji's mom, and that Shinji's mom was linked to Unit 1 whileWATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE.Jesus.
    Are you sure you don't teach at a school for PSYCHICS??? *Kill Bill sound effect*
  • Are you sure he isn't just pulling your chain and actually knows what happens in the entire series?
  • Dark Crystal is going over very well.
    Evangelion was met with resistance by one of my students at first, but then he asked me if he could have the boxed set, or if I had the old tapes lying around. Same student also said the LCL reminded him of blood, that he bet the Eva was alive, that Rei was related to Shinji's mom, and that Shinji's mom was linked to Unit 1 whileWATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE.Jesus.
    That kid probably has a very high sync ratio.

Either that, or its that you teach kids with the aforementioned mental/psychological and social disorders, and Eva was made by one. Maybe that kid just gets it.
  • Are you sure he isn't just pulling your chain and actually knows what happens in the entire series?
    I kind of agree here. Having seen the show a dozen of times, there's no way he could make the connections to Shinji's mom when she's never even mentioned in episode one. The only possible way is that he is very, VERY good at decrypting the opener.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    What is there to decrypt?
    Post edited by Geo on