This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Classic Movie Club

edited September 2010 in Movies
OK, so what if we had a "classic" movie club. We would pick a movie once a week (I suggest take turns deciding on the movie) We all watch the movie by say Friday. Then we have a week to talk about said movie before moving on to the next. Anyone interested?

Oh and by "classic" I mean any movie awesome. But should be at least a couple years old. I mean Avatar is a good movie and all but it just came out.

As for movie selection methods we can discuss the best way.

Comments

• I mean Avatar is a good movie and all but it just came out.
    BLARGGHH
    As for movie selection methods we can discuss the best way.
    Nominate in a thread, vote with a poll.
    Then we have a week to talk about said movie before moving on to the next. Anyone interested?
    You could also set up a Movie Party Night where we stream the movie on a private Livestream and then live chat about it.
  • OK I used Avatar as an example because it was a blockbuster commercial success that just came out on video recently.

So are you interested? Or we can use 360 netflix party.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm totally interested. Citizen Kane and Singing in the Rain are some of my suggestions.

Edit: Choose Citizen Kane first.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Repo Man.
  • Repo Man.
  • I will give it until 6/15 for suggestions. Then we have till that Friday for voting. Then we watch said movie. I believe it should be 1 suggestion per person, and then for the voting you can not vote for your own suggestion. Is this OK?
  • I suggest The Princess Bride.
  • edited September 2010
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • The list for movies so far is

Repo Man
    The Princess Bride
    The Room

I must remind you that we each have ONE CHOICE! If you list more then one, I will not add any of the suggestions to the list. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! Also, please please please pick movies either on Netflix, Hulu or something that most people own. I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. It maybe an awesome movie, but the movies in this club should be movies that people do not need to pay for or "gasp" procure through less then legal means..
  • I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis.
    That's on Netflix streaming right now, actually.

My vote goes to Repo Man because I really want to see that movie anyway. Perhaps we should have a proper poll?
  • Yes. After
    I will give it until 6/15 for suggestions. Then we have till that Friday for voting. Then we watch said movie. I believe it should be 1 suggestion per person, and then for the voting you can not vote for your own suggestion. Is this OK?
    ok?
  • Ah, sorry, I missed that. My recommendation is There Will Be blood, then.
  • You could also set up a Movie Party Night where we stream the movie on a private Livestream and then live chat about it.
    Xbox 360 Netflix party thing?
  • You could also set up a Movie Party Night where we stream the movie on a private Livestream and then live chat about it.
    Xbox 360 Netflix party thing?
    sure we can try that. Or maybe even we just watch seperate and disscuss.
  • I have edited my last post. It is now Cinema Paradiso.
  • Xbox 360 Netflix party thing?
    I wish netflix would get this option for the PC..
  • I have a Livestream channel and a good connection, so I'd be willing to do that if some people wanted to watch it live.
  • Xbox 360 Netflix party thing?
    I wish netflix would get this option for the PC..
    I agree. I've tinkered with all kinds of streaming desktop and video software trying to get an A/V party line going. It's not easy.
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    -nods vigorously-
    Post edited by Geo on
  • 12 Angry Men
  • edited September 2010
    12 Angry Men
    man that's a good movie
    Post edited by Decoy sheep on
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's.

What?
  • Just going to recommend Hotel Rwanda.
    I think I remember the film. I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it.
    I think I remember the film. I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it.
    Well then. That's one thing we got.
  • I forgot about this!!! Ok we will vote on this soon. I will set it up either later tonight or after work monday. I do not think we should have a poll because people should not be allowed to vote for their own movie. And I have one more rule for you guys to ponder? It should be movies on Netflix only?? Maybe.?
  • I forgot about this!!! Ok we will vote on this soon. I will set it up either later tonight or after work monday. I do not think we should have a poll because people should not be allowed to vote for their own movie. And I have one more rule for you guys to ponder? It should be movies on Netflix only?? Maybe.?
    Sounds like a good idea.