This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Classic Movie Club

Comments

• I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. It maybe an awesome movie..
    I own it, but then again I am a film student. super old VHS and DVD copies.
  • edited September 2010
    I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. It maybe an awesome movie..
    I'd be more interested in watching it once the extra half-hour of movie they found in Argentina is more widely available.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. It maybe an awesome movie..
    I'd be more interested in watching it once the extra half-hour of movie they found in Argentina is more widely available.
    Ditto.
    Ditto.
  • edited September 2010
    I mean seriously how many people own Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. It maybe an awesome movie..
    I did see the "new" version, since it was streamed live on German television when it was first aired and have also seen the new DVD version in stores (I mistook the old version for the new one). I believe it is about 30 minutes longer than the previous version, so I recommend you see it, even though it is quite clear when the scenes found in Argentina are edited in.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • I'd be more interested in watching it once the extra half-hour of movie they found in Argentina is more widely available.
    Ditto.
    agreed.
    What was interesting to see was the 1984 colorized synth-pop version George Moroder recut with a contemporary soundtrack including Freddie Mercury. Completely changed the tone of the film but was awesome to watch on 16mm.
  • What was interesting to see was the 1984 colorized synth-pop version George Moroder recut with a contemporary soundtrack including Freddie Mercury. Completely changed the tone of the film but was awesome to watch on 16mm.
    Waaaaaa?
  • What was interesting to see was the 1984 colorized synth-pop version George Moroder recut with a contemporary soundtrack including Freddie Mercury. Completely changed the tone of the film but was awesome to watch on 16mm.
    Waaaaaa?
    The soundtrack she is talking about is from a guy named Giorgio Moroder. He specialized in a lot of disco/synth pop sounding soundtracks, and I'm pretty sure you've seen a movie with his music. Some examples include Scarface, The Neverending Story, Midnight Express, and more. Don't see it for the same reasons eggs gave.
  • OK everyone. Bad news. Only one of the movies suggested for our club is on Netflix streaming.

It was Sails suggestion of Repo Man.

So now we have until Tuesday the 7th to get in suggestions. Voting will start on the 8th and finish on the 10th. So please pick a movie that is on Netflix Streaming only. On this page you can either search the movie title and see if they have it streaming or below the searchbox are all the different categories that the instant streaming movies have Also remember that there is only one suggestion per person and we should try to pay attention to what others have posted. If you suggestion something that has already been added to the voting list then you lose out. Well we will probably give you another chance. Finally remember we are not allowed to vote for our own suggestions!!! Well guys have fun!

Oh btw my suggestion is Little Monsters with Fred and Ben Savage and Howie Mandel. Awesome movie,
  • I was just thinking of a Plate-of-shrimp moment from yesterday, and boom: Repo Man.
  • Black Dynamite.
  • edited September 2010
    Black Dynamite.
    I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I GOT IN THE ROOM!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited September 2010
    I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I GOT IN THE ROOM!
    But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs in the community.

Now keep quiet. You're going to wake up the rest of the bitches.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I GOT IN THE ROOM!

Mama says my daddy's name is Black Dynamite.

Lotsa cats named Black Dynamite. Common name.

We need you Black Dynamite, now more than ever.

We need you Black Dynamite, now more than ever.
    I gotta fight smack in the (orphanage)oh-fan-ige.
  • I still stand by The Room as my pick.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!
  • YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!
    Anyway, how is your sex life?
  • YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!
    Anyway, how is your sex life?
    "Yah, caan I haav a douzen red rouses please?"
    "Oh hey Johnny, I didn't know it was you. Here you go."
    "That's mee! How much is it?"
    "That'll be 18 dollars."
    "Here you go keep the change, Hai doggie."
    "You're my favorite customer."
  • My pick is "City Lights"

The opening is fantastic, but it is nothing compared to its crushing end ;D
  • It is not on Netflix Streaming Andrew. Sorry. HEY NETFLIX! I AM DISAPPOINT! YOU MOVIE FAIL! d
  • edited September 2010
    OK new list so far is as follows.

Movie / Suggester

REPO MAN / Sail

LITTLE MONSTERS / CaptainTim

Black Dynamite / The Günter

So people get off your asses and get to work bitches! Find some gems to suggest.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • How about Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo. It's awesome and manly.
  • In honor of the late Tony Curtis' death, how about the comedy classic, Some Like it Hot?
  • Good choice prog. Geo, it needs to be a movie available streaming on Netflix.

Movie / Suggester

REPO MAN / Sail

LITTLE MONSTERS / CaptainTim

Black Dynamite / The Günter

Yojimbo / progSHELL

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
  • In terms of Classic and Awesome? I'm going to suggest Bullitt, which is considered one of the first action movies. And it still has one of the best car chases
  • The Sting. It's THE heist movie, won heaps of awards, is quite good.
  • The Sting. It's THE heist movie, won heaps of awards, is quite good.
    Yes! I keep trying to get Rym to watch it, but am thwarted because it isn't on Netflix.
  • Isn't that the one where they hired professional thieves as consultants? That's so awesome.