This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lady GaGa

Comments

• Apples + bacon do not work.
    Have...have you ever tried the combination? It's really good. Trust me on this one. Cook some bacon one morning, and then saute some apple slices - with cinnamon and brown sugar, of course - and eat them together. Your taste buds will thank me.
    edited September 2010
    Bacon will ruin the apple. Fact. Your suggestion will result in my taste buds committing homicide.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Don't try to argue; Nine's a lost cause on this subject. He once told me that he doesn't like butter.
  • edited September 2010
    Bacon will ruin the apple. Fact.Your suggestion will result in my taste buds committing homicide.
    Such a limited scope of experience! Open your mind to new possibilities! Have you never tried apples with pork?
    Don't try to argue; Nine's a lost cause on this subject. He once told me that he doesn't like butter.
    Is that even possible?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Is that even possible?
    Only if he's not human. Butter, sugar, and garlic are the universal awesome ingredients of awesome for food much like mithril, adamantium, and depleted uranium are the ingredients of awesome for mystical weapons and armor.
    edited September 2010
    Such a limited scope of experience! Open your mind to new possibilities! Have you never tried apples with pork?
    I have. Negotiations with my taste buds took 2 months and 4 days. Apple + meat != tasty.
    Is that even possible?
    Butter is only good for being an ingredient in pastries. On bread it's disgusting and ruins the taste of the spread on the bread.

EDIT: Note how the folks from the USA gasp at me not being a fan of mainly fatty foods.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2010
    EDIT: Note how the folks from the USA gasp at me not being a fan of mainly fatty foods.
    I'm pretty sure the french, the british, and the italians would have issue with someone not liking butter on their foods and sauces.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited September 2010
    On bread it's disgusting and ruins the taste of the spread on the bread.
    Oh, well if you have something else on the bread - a good tapenade, some hummus, some good cheese - then butter is not needed. However, as a cooking ingredient, it is unrivaled in its ability to brown foods and bring flavor to the plate.
    I have. Negotiations with my taste buds took 2 months and 4 days. Apple + meat != tasty.
    It's a lost cause, then. At least try raisins with pork some time.

EDIT:
    french
    French butter often has a higher fat content than American butter. True story. We can't get dry butter over here, and whatever we do get is imported from France and intensely expensive.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited September 2010
    French butter often has a higher fat content than American butter. True story. We can't get dry butter over here, and whatever we do get is imported from France and intensely expensive.
    And immensely superior for pastry and sauces.
    Raisins are the work of the devil and should not be consumed.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Oh, well if you have something else on the bread - a good tapenade, some hummus, some good cheese - then butter is not needed. However, as a cooking ingredient, it is unrivaled in its ability to brown foods and bring flavor to the plate.
    I have no problem with cooking butter. Normal butter is just horrible, spread on bread or used to cook.
    Not a lost cause. Just very hesitant with trying it again.
    I'm pretty sure the french, the british, and the italians would have issue with someone not liking butter on their foods and sauces.
    Most sauces are crap. The best sauce is curry. Great on frikandel.
    Raisins are the work of the devil and should not be consumed.
    Raisins are the greatest candy ever.
  • Down with raisins, up with dried cranberries. In any instance that raisins are used the situation is made twice as good with the substitution of crasins.
  • edited September 2010
    I like to melt down 2 sticks of butter and then throw it into a milkshake made from cream and ice cream. Now that is my beverage. For the meal I toast 2 slices of bread. Between these go .5lbs of bacon and 3 sticks of non melted butter. My side salad Is a bag of shredded cheddar cheese, one lb of bacon(cut up of course), 2-3 sticks of butter cut into bit size pieces and croutons. I like a creamy caesar dressing.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I like to melt down 2 sticks of butter and then throw it into a milkshake made from two more sticks of butter.
    I LOVE BUTTER.
  • edited September 2010
    I like butter, in moderation (Just one stick for me.).

However, I take offence to the idea of adding anything but more meat to meat dishes.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I wash myself, my clothes, my dishes and anything else I need to wash with a mixture of butter, bacon fat and coarse, large grain sea salt.
  • edited September 2010
    Dish I have yet to make but is on deck for a special occasion: Rabbit shank braised in cognac and heavy cream.

Meat? Check. Butter? Check. Ability to hunt your game? Check. Liquor? Check. Tons of cream? Check. Man Food for foodies that makes you look good with the ladies.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • cream
    Am I the only one that dislikes cream? It sits heavily in my stomach. It doesn't make me nauseous but if I eat a little bit of cream I feel rather full quite quickly and feel rather bleh. It's the same with all fatty foods created from milk.
  • Rabbit shank braised in cognac and heavy cream.
    You speak-a my language, good sir.
  • Just don't cook it when I come over for dinner.

...You know, I bet I would really like the taste of rabbit if I ate it. Rym has had it and he says it tastes really good. But I just can't. It would be too weird.
  • The same reaction most people have when presented with the idea of eating dog.
  • I would eat a goat.
  • I would eat a goat.
    Curried goat is fucking delicious.
  • I would eat a goat.
    Curried goat is fucking delicious.
    Yup. The Curry House in Albany (it's by Mahar's) has goat every Saturday on the brunch buffet. I'm a regular. Just watch out of bones.

Roy's Caribbean makes some dame good curry goat too. The color resembles highlighter yellow, but it tastes great.
  • edited September 2010
    I like reading the train of posts that starts at "Do you like Lady Gaga?" and ends at
    I would eat a goat.
    Don't ever change, forum. :)
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • I wanna be a goat when Im a growed up.
  • edited September 2010
    I wanna be a goat when Im a growed up.
    YOU CAN'T BE A GOAT.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • ...You know, I bet I would really like the taste of rabbit if I ate it. Rym has had it and he says it tastes really good. But I just can't. It would be too weird.
    It's delicious.
    I would eat a goat.
    Also delicious. I would eat all the goats.

Relevant -
  • I would eat all the goats.
    I would not eat all the goats. I will eat of an occasional goat, though.
    You know what? Goats are also one of those animals I feel kind of weird about eating. I have known some really awesome and affectionate goats in my day.
  • edited September 2010
    I would not eat all the goats. I will eat of an occasional goat, though.
    You know what? Goats are also one of those animals I feel kind of weird about eating. I have known some really awesome and affectionate goats in my day.
    I think it's just a country thing, but I can eat pretty much anything but human from the "weird feeling" standpoint, from there, it's just a sliding scale of taste. For example, the best way to cook horse meat is don't, Because it tastes fucking terrible.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2010
    For example, the best way to cook horse meat is don't, Because it tastes fucking terrible.
    Is it because the texture is very...coarse?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on