This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Lol. That's an...Interesting opinion that I haven't really ever heard before.
    I was listening to John Lennon and imagining a world without religion, and the first thing that came to mind was that I'd miss listening to gospel music.

I love this stuff.
    Post edited by Walker on
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Yep. When I was going to church all the singing was kind of droning save for me, the pastor's son, and another friend. We rocked out to the gospel and called ourselves the Bass Men.
  • Our church always had some really awesome Catholic music. In Spain, I can occasionally catch a Cathedral mass where the organs would be blaring with hundreds of voices like some otherworldly chorus, and that was pretty fucking awesome, too. Pipe organ in general is pretty cool. Droning happens during Lent, but otherwise, everything was peachy.
  • This is why I prefer the British Army.

Your mercs are people like Blackwater. Who do we have? Motherfucking Ghurkas.

Plus, all our tanks have in-built kettles. Which leads to such surreal scenarios as a Challenger 2 crew which has just had its optics blinded by a lucky shot backing into a ditch and just having a cup of tea until help arrives. While bullets and RPGs bounce off the hull.
  • Kefka is such a card.
  • edited October 2010
    I like how in the song Fuel by Metallica they make the drums sound like an engine turning over and then it occurred to me: Why not just bring a car up on stage and mic it up?

Has there ever been music that used a sample from a turbo-charged car changing gear? Fucking love that sound.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I have a baseball. Do you think if I mailed it to Rym and Scott, they'd autograph it and mail it back?
  • I have a baseball. Do you think if I mailed it to Rym and Scott, they'd autograph it and mail it back?
    I'd say include a sharpie and a couple bucks to cover the shipping and even then it's a 50:50.
  • Sharpies make me dizzy and a bad-ish good way!
    If it were possible to make deodorant that smelled like freshly opened paper packets, I would buy it, all of it.
  • edited October 2010
    Ever since he became a member of this forum, I always thought Luke's avatar was of some guy wearing boxing gloves holding them up to his face.

I then saw a larger version of his avatar and realized that it was obviously not. It's him or some guy holding juggling balls.

Yes, of course that makes way more sense than boxing gloves. *sigh*-___-
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It did/does look like boxing gloves at that size.
  • Ever since he became a member of this forum, I always thought Luke's avatar was of some guy wearing boxing gloves holding them up to his face.

I then saw a larger version of his avatar and realized that it was obviously not. It's him or some guy holding juggling balls.

Yes, of course that makes way more sense than boxing gloves. *sigh*-___-
    Ha! I just posted a larger version of the image in that thread.
  • Ha! I just posted a larger version of the image in that thread.
    Yeah, when I saw you tweeted something, I saw your avatar and thought "Wait a minute... Argh!"
    If it were possible to make deodorant that smelled like freshly opened paper packets, I would buy it, all of it.
    I like the smell of paper straight out of the printer. It's warm too!
  • Tom Waits makes an interesting background to Disney cartoons.
  • edited October 2010
    Sharpies make me dizzy and a bad-ish good way!
    I like the smell of paper straight out of the printer. It's warm too!
    Laser printers are awesome, even if they don't use lasers to burn the paper. Pew pew pew! ^_^
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2010
    I need to ratchet my goals back a bit to realistic levels so the stress doesn't start to freak me out like it is now.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Laser printers are awesome, even if they don't use lasers to burn the paper. Pew pew pew! ^_^
    Kasha and I have discussed building a printer that burns the paper with a laser rather than printing on it. Chances of it working are fifty fifty, chances of us trying it are about seventy forty towards, and chances of getting bored halfway through and making it do something ridiculous are about 100%.
  • If Jesus were in the WWE his finishing move would be The Chosen People's Elbow.
  • I love using WolframAlpha to calculate cylinders with measurements in light years and furlongs.
  • I had a very peculiar thought, when I was talking to someone about Disney Channel shows yesterday.

Tyler Perry got all of his ideas from The Proud Family. Or Vice-Versa...
  • How hard is it to take the Psionics out of 4E Monks? Not hard at all. Too bad the rest of my party thinks that it's stupid and can't be done, and are instead insisting I stop modding the Monk, I should fiddle with the Barbarian, effectively asking me to do what I'm already doing.

Basically, they don't like the idea of he name of my class being Monk if the character doesn't use Psionics, but are fine with me calling it a Barbarian without it being Primal-based.

Fucking fluff-text, how does it work?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    Dear Bandai Visual

Why the fuck won't you make Wings of Honnêamise an affordable price?! Is it that hard to be like every other distributor of home media and make it a price that everyone can afford?!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Dear Bandai Visual

Why the fuck won't you make Wings of Honnêamise an affordable price?! Is it that hard to be like everybody other distributor of home media and make it a price that everyone can afford?!
    Raise the Jolly Roger, Matt.
  • Laser printers are awesome, even if they don't use lasers to burn the paper. Pew pew pew! ^_^
    Kasha and I have discussed building a printer that burns the paper with a laser rather than printing on it. Chances of it working are fifty fifty, chances of us trying it are about seventy forty towards, and chances of getting bored halfway through and making it do something ridiculous are about 100%.
    I feel dumb because that what I thought lase printers did. ^_^;
    I feel dumb because that what I thought lase printers did. ^_^;
    Nope - that's where the joy of dealing with toner and fusers comes into play. :) I used to service Xerox Docutech print stations as part of one of my previous jobs and I learned more about laser printers while doing that than I ever wanted to learn. I also ruined more than one pair of khakis because the stupid toner refill bottles would expel a cloud of black dust if someone bumps them the wrong way while refilling the reservoir. Paint me glad I don't have to do that job anymore.
  • Isn't toner carcinogenic?
  • Dear Bandai Visual

Why the fuck won't you make Wings of Honnêamise an affordable price?! Is it that hard to be like everybody other distributor of home media and make it a price that everyone can afford?!
    Raise the Jolly Roger, Matt.
    God, I wish I could upload it to Pirate Bay myself. Even though there are few torrents of it out there, there are few that have enough people seeding it to make it relatively easy to obtain. I feel it's perfectly fine to pirate that movie because it is too expensive for what it is worth and Bandai Visual shows no signs of making it affordable.