This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Via Nate Hasiak:
  • Jason, are you again confusing Costa Rica for an island in the Caribbean?
  • Jason, are you again confusing Costa Rica for an island in the Caribbean?
    I'm just saying that Omar rolls a superior cigar, that's all.
  • edited August 2011
    Ro proclaiming Muggle Quidditch "is not real Quidditch" is bizarre, since the Quidditch in the books is entirely fictional.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Ro proclaiming Muggle Quidditch "is not real Quidditch" is bizarre, since the Quidditch in the books is entirely fictional.
    Did you just try to apply common sense to Quidditch? You are walking dangerous paths.
  • Ro proclaiming Muggle Quidditch "is not real Quidditch" is bizarre, since the Quidditch in the books is entirely fictional.
    Did you just try to apply common sense to Quidditch? You are flying dangerous brooms.
    FTFY.
  • Trufax: My friend's college has a Quidditch team.
  • Trufax: My college has a Quidditch team.
    Whassup
  • Happy 29th Birthday to our banana bandito, Omar! Per his request I did a NES Photo Friday and not just video games in general.

Feel free to answer them here if you want, but it doesn't count towards the special shout out during our next recording. :P

• Just listened to episode 45. Was wondering if you guys got any complaints from people who have committed suicide.
  • Just listened to episode 45. Was wondering if you guys got any complaints from people who have committed suicide.
    Jason, if you're answer is yes, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!
    Jason, if you're answer is yes, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!
    Hah perhaps I should have worded that better. I didn't mean people were jumping off bridges AFTER they listened to the podcast. I was laughing while I listened because you guys were having a little moment where you were worried about offending people who are, well, already dead.
  • edited September 2011
    1. Mario Bros
    2. Ice Climbers
    3. The Goonies
    4. Q-Bert
    5. Spy Hunter
    6. Duck Hunt
    7. Tecmo Bowl
    8. Skate or Die
    9. Pro Wrestling
    10. Bases Loaded
    11. Rampage
    12. Bubble Bobble.
    13. Faxanadu
    14. Excite Bike
    15. Duck Tales
    16. Final Fantasy
    17. Double Dragon 2
    18. 1942
    19. Double Dribble
    20. Zelda 2
    21. Mega Man 2
    22. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
    23. Paperboy
    24. Princess Tomato? Syd Valis?
    25. Castlevania
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Scott if you didn't look any of those up from the internets I raise my hat. You have earned tiny peace of my respect.
  • Scott if you didn't look any of those up from the internets I raise my hat. You have earned tiny peace of my respect.
    I didn't look up any on the Internets. How can you? Google image search takes words, not images, as the input. Also, I'm pretty sure 24 is wrong.
  • edited September 2011
    NES games are all pretty iconic looking. When you only have a few pixels in a sprite and a limited colour palette, it's very easy to recall how they are used. I recognized all the games I had played before immediately and a few more through osmosis, though it was still little more than half, which is still pretty good for somebody who only had six NES games as a child and was born just as the system was becoming obsolete.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
    I didn't look up any on the Internets. How can you? Google image search takes words, not images, as the input. Also, I'm pretty sure 24 is wrong.
    Actually Google images takes images. I don't know how well it works, but still. Also for me there were some game I didn't know, but might have found with query something like "nes game american football", or to make sure things that I was unsure of like was that Skate or Die and what Double Dragon that was, things like that is quote easy to find with the power of Google.
  • Actually Google images takes images. I don't know how well it works, but still.
    How you do dis?
  • edited September 2011
    Actually Google images takes images. I don't know how well it works, but still.
    How you do dis?
    Go to Google image search and it asks you to drag and drop picture there. I tried it with that question image and it told me that Duck Hunt is the best answer. I'll bet that if one would take every game as it's own image it could be accurate even.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Also, I'm pretty sure 24 is wrong.
    Yes, you are wrong.

You are also partially wrong on 2 more, but I'll give you credit because I didn't ask for full and complete names here.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I know all of them except for number 24 as well. #1 was named Pipeline here.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • #1 was named Pipeline here.
    Whoah.
  • I'm impressed. I could only get 20 out of 25
  • Was it really that hard? You guys need to learn you some NES. Don't be that Omeganaut who needs a Zelda 1 FAQ.
  • Faxanadu, Double Dribble, and Princess Tomato all got me. Also, I was just plain surprised to see Q*Bert still on the NES. I thought that franchise had died long before the NES' rise, and I can't imagine anyone paying $50 to buy it for the console. In a related stream of thought, does anybody remember the Q*Bert cartoon?
  • Was it really that hard? You guys need to learn you some NES. Don't be that Omeganaut who needs a Zelda 1 FAQ.
    Bah, I grew up on the Sega Genesis.
  • Princess Tomato
    Princess Tomato was the wrong answer.
  • I didn't look up any on the Internets. How can you? Google image search takes words, not images, as the input. Also, I'm pretty sure 24 is wrong.
    Tineye. Just cut the image up into it's individual pieces and feed them to Tineye.