This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Oh yeah he had multiple $5 games you could get for XBox. I still have a copy of Sneak King lying around. These mascots took me back to childhood so I immediately only thought 8 & 16-bit tie-ins.
  • Ah, I thought they were free. The racing game is pretty fun.

Yes, nostalgia is good times. I had to be creative with the images and my usage of Photoshop skills to blur out the actual brand name.
  • 24 must be Cat Fancy.
  • 24 must be Cat Fancy.
    That's a negative ghost rider.
  • I just want to say that I aced the shit out of this when Ro showed it to me Tuesday.
  • I just want to say that I aced the shit out of this when Ro showed it to me Tuesday.
    The easy thing is recognizing the brand, the difficult part is the actual names of some of the mascots.
  • Man, I have so much trouble to not immediately go "Mr. Clean is that really you? I wonder what you've done to become so big and dumb" every time I see that mascot.

Anyway, a lot of those either didn't make it to germany/austria, and I guess anywhere outside the U.S. and that is rather annoying.

Also, can we get a solution for last weeks?
  • edited September 2011
    Also, can we get a solution for last weeks?
    Oh, I posted it on Facebook, where I post most of my answers. I forget to do it here.

1. A-ha
    2. Guns N Roses
    3. Winger
    4. Def Leppard
    5. Hall and Oates
    6. Wham
    7. Bananarama
    8. Quiet Riot
    9. Culture club
    10. Journey
    11. The Bangles
    12. Depeche Mode
    13. Duran Duran
    14. Motley Crue
    15. New Kids On The Block
    16. The Cure
    17. Pixies
    18. Tears for Fears
    19. Eurythmics
    20. UB 40
    21. Van Halen
    22. INXS
    23. The Smiths
    24. ac/dc
    25. Thompson Twins
    26. The Police
    27. Iron Maiden

I also plan on trying to do something for the European type peoples in the future.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Perhaps "Bankrupt members of the EU"? Though that could become rather extensive in the near future.
  • Don't listen to Scott. Frank Miller is only responsible for the shitty Robocops (i.e.: not the first one). :D
  • Also on the topic of Robocop, the unrated version is awesome. I'm usually not a fan of those cuts, but I've got the Criterion DVD and it's really worth it. If you haven't seen it just watch that one.
  • Don't listen to Scott. Frank Miller is only responsible for the shitty Robocops (i.e.: not the first one). :D
    You are correct.
  • Hey, Robocop 2 was awesome.
  • Robocop 2 successfully had a villain that was a child and still an irredeemable little shit... and STILL made him dying an emotional moment. That's some pretty good writing-fu. Also, the design for Robocop 2 itself is fantastic.
  • Perhaps I should watch Robocop 2. I am always weary of sequels to perfect movies because The Matrix taught me they will only taint my memories of the good movies.
  • I haven't seen Robocop 2 and should probably watch. I, however, liked Matrix Reloaded because I have low standards in life.
  • I, however, liked Matrix Reloaded because I have low standards in life.
  • I, however, liked much of Matrix Reloaded because I have low standards in life.

Rylin was born 11 days early, so I'm releasing the first special ATW9K lightning round early as well.
  • Photo Friday: Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner.

Name each movie along with the baby's name. I will take first names, except for 2 & 4. For 11 & 18, there are two different names. For 9, I'll take a description.

Some are obvious. Some are not. Some names are in the title. Some are pretty tricky, but with the help of the internet, you can find that name. I did.

• 12 is Ghostbusters 2.

I'm done.
  • edited October 2011
    Scott, it's a shame you don't know 1, 2, 4, or 10. At least the movies. The baby names are a bit more difficult.
  • 2 is from Willow, 13 is from the Hangover, 14 is from Junior, 15 is Baby's Day Out. Is 1 some kind of terrifying live action Popeye?
  • edited October 2011
    1 Is Popeye with Robin Williams. The Baby's name is Sweet Pea
    3 Is Three men and a baby
    14 Is Junior with Arnold Menschentöter
    16 Is The Pacifier (I think)
    18 Is The Hangover

Dun't have a clue about any of the rest, or the names of the babies in them. Also, solution for last week please.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited October 2011
    Is 1 some kind of terrifying live action Popeye?
    Not terrifying, however I haven't seen that movie in a long time so it could be. As I recall from memory, I rather enjoyed that movie. Can you figure out who played Popeye?
    Dun't have a clue about any of the rest. Also, solution for last week please.
    1. Pillsbury – Pillsbury Doughboy a.k.a. Poppin' Fresh
    2. GEICO – The Geico Gecko
    3. Burger King - The Burger King
    4. Budweiser - Budweiser Frogs/Bud, Weis, Er
    5. Coca Cola - Polar Bears
    6. Hamburger Helper – The Helping Hand
    7. Kool-Aid – Kool-Aid Man
    8. Planters – Mr. Peanut
    9. Green Giant – Giant and Sprout
    10. Energizer – Energizer Bunny
    11. Gerber Products Company – Gerber Baby (Jane Seymour?)
    12. StarKist Tuna – Charlie the Tuna
    13. Serta - Counting Sheep
    14. Aflac – Aflac Duck
    15. Camel Cigarettes - Joe Camel
    16. Mr. Clean
    17. Cheetos – Chester Cheetah
    18. Pep Boys – Manny, Moe, and Jack
    19. Toys "R" Us – Geoffrey Giraffe
    20. Snuggle – Snuggle Bear
    21. Nesquik – Nesquik Bunny
    22. 7 Up – Cool Spot
    23. Domino's Pizza – The Noid
    24. 9 Lives - Morris the cat
  • 12. StarKist Tuna – Charlie the Tuna
    And I was wondering what company has Osamu Tezuka as a dolphin for its mascot.
  • Rylin was born 11 days early, so I'm releasing the first special ATW9K lightning round early as well.
    I forgot about this one. It was where I am 5 for 5 on the Game of Thrones questions from Matt. Thank you Matt for your questions.

/FLEX AT 5 FOR 5
    /POP COLLAR
  • Oh, I didn't look closely at 2. It's Willow.
  • Nooooooooo I answered the TV mascots contest very quickly but got 19.5 out of 20. I totally left sprout off of my list and only identified the jolly green giant in that pic.

Can't wait to hear you own the Game of Thrones category, Ro. I'm slacking on my trivia writing. Gotta get another category or two in.
  • I'm extending the deadline for the previous Photo Friday because I had no submissions and changing the rules for just asking the movie title only.

But here is this week's Photo Friday: The Characters of Mario. Name each character from the Mario Universe. Should be easy for you guys.