This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Man I love those games so much but there's just no way I can remember the names of the guys from Mario RPG, the Paper Mario side-characters, or even the Sunshine townsfolk. Still enjoyed just looking at this one though. I think just seeing anything with a lesser-known mario character on it makes me smile. I must have developed a conditioned reaction.
  • There are so many characters in the universe that I had such a hard time choosing. Most of the answers are races and not actual names.

I spent a long time going through the Mario wiki just reading about all kinds of things.

It does give me another category to do down the road like Mario villains, bosses, worlds, and all that jazz.
  • Most of the things there I don't recognizance are from games I haven't played. The lava monster and that wizard from Yoshi's island are two of the shameful ones I know the face but not name. Also that wizard, witch, whatever I feel like I almost remember it, but can't. Otherwise I got 15 I'm pretty sure I know.
  • 1. Peach
    2. Wario
    3. Toad
    4. Yoshi
    5. Birdo
    6. Bullet Bill
    7. Lakitu
    8. Toadsowrth
    9. Mario RPG something
    10. The villain from the latest mario RPG
    11. Boo Radley
    12. King Koopa
    13. Koopa Troopa
    14. ????
    15. Goomba
    16. dry Bones
    17. Shy Guy
    18 Mario RPg something
    19. Hammer Bro
    20. Luna
    21. Bob-Omb
    22. I remember that level but I couldn't even remember what game it's from before reading Apsups post.
    25. Rosalina
    26. Baby Pirhanna Flower
    28 Bowser Jr.
  • 11. Boo Radley
    I lol'd. This just fostered my growing desire to watch So I Married An Axe Murderer again.
  • 9 -
    10 - Fawful
    14 - Smithy (Final boss of Mario RPG)
    18 - Cackletta
    22 - Nobody knows the name of that thing without looking it up.
    23 - Magikoopa
    24 - Professor E. Gadd
    27 - The townsfolk from Mario Sunshine
  • edited October 2011
    22. If you beat SMW3 enough times and paid attention to the credits, you would know. I also never said it was against the rules to look things up.
    23. Nope
    27. The race has a name.
    26. Baby Pirhanna Flower
    He's no baby and has an actual name.
    12. King Koopa
    This is also very wrong.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • 12 is the boss of Mario 2. He's a frog something or other.
  • 12 is the boss of Mario 2. He's a frog something or other.
    Very close. What to frogs/toads have?

Also Ryan has already sent me an email with all the correct answers. Still doesn't mean he's going to be given a shout out on air! :P

(I have chortles!)
  • 12 - Wart from SMB2
    22 - BLARRG! from Super Mario World (didn't have to look that one up, I just beat the game a few days ago ^_^)
  • 20. Luna
    Eh?
    12 - Wart from SMB2
    22 - BLARRG! from Super Mario World (didn't have to look that one up, I just beat the game a few days ago ^_^)
    Woohoo!
  • Still doesn't mean he's going to be given a shout out on air! :P

(I have chortles!)
    I HAVE FURY!
  • 26. Baby Pirhanna Flower
    He's no baby and has an actual name.
    The fight with him starts with him hatching out of an egg, he is most definitely a baby.
  • The fight with him starts with him hatching out of an egg, he is most definitely a baby.
    No, he doesn't.

• oooooooooooooooooooooh. Could've sworn that was the first boss of Mario Galaxy.
  • oooooooooooooooooooooh. Could've sworn that was the first boss of Mario Galaxy.
    That would be Dino Piranha. Close.

• Atomic Trivia War 9000 Photo Friday: The Dark Gotham Knight Begins and Rises in Arkham City Asylum Beyond The Animated Series.

Name each character from the image provided from Batman: The Animated Series. Bonus if you can provide the real name with alter ego. Post here for fun, if you want the special shout out, follow the rules in the link.

Here are the answers to the previous two weeks Photo Fridays. Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner and The Characters of Mario. The answers are posted in the comments.
  • Wow I'm surprised there are 10 of them I can't name. I guess I'm not as big of a Batman Animated Series fan as I thought! Awesome contest once again. Keep up the great ideas Ro!
  • Wow I'm surprised there are 10 of them I can't name. I guess I'm not as big of a Batman Animated Series fan as I thought! Awesome contest once again. Keep up the great ideas Ro!
    Thanks. My favorite part was thinking of the title for it.
  • I pictured Christopher Nolan taking off his hat and punching a hole through it after he realized you stole his title for the next movie.
  • 27 - HARDAC

All others are fail.
  • 27 - HARDAC
    I was originally not going to put HARDAC in that, but then I recalled your inexplicable adoration for it and didn't want to get shit from you. =P
  • There were 6 I didn't remember the names for and I remembered HARDAC being HARDOC, close enough. Also 31 has two characters.
  • Ro, why is the Gray Ghost not on this list?
  • Ro, why is the Gray Ghost not on this list?
    Meh.
    Also 31 has two characters.
    Yes and no. :P
  • 27 - HARDAC
    I was originally not going to put HARDAC in that, but then I recalled your inexplicable adoration for it and didn't want to get shit from you. =P
    If you didn't put it I would probably have made a post that was like "What, no HARDAC?!"
  • Batman Photo Friday answers here.

This week's Photo Friday: Oh, the Horror! Name that horror/scary movie.

Also, no need to contest what you consider horror/scary. I don't give a shit. I got these movies from a list on the internets. Deal with it. :P
  • D'awww. I'll forgive that doggy with the bad grammar. At least he knows how to spell. :P