This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

RymRym
edited October 2010 in Forum Stuff
Posted By: ​......
This is getting annoying. Stop it.

Comments

• ....... It kinda is.
  • ..... huh?
  • HE COULDN'T MAKE THAT POST! THERES NO WAY ANYONE COULD MAKE THAT POST!!
  • And thus did ... become a meme on the FRCF.
    A meme almost as funny as pyramiding.

/neither are funny

/neither are funny
    hey, pyramiding is funny because we don't do it much.
  • Frankly, I prefer it to what he usually says.
  • See whenever someone posts ....... I think it is just them saying "I've just had sex with you but you now pulled a gun on me and I have to kill you"....
  • edited October 2010
    And thus did ... become a meme on the FRCF.

/neither are funny
    hey, pyramiding is funny until someone acknowledges it.
    FIFY.

EDIT: Seriously, I believe that this violates rule #3 and that banning is in order.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Rym is right. It is annoying.
  • Here's the thing, for those who are annoyed with it, do you fully understand it or get the joke? I'm just curious.

It was amusing in the mean thread, but in other threads it's unnecessary. It's also hard to read when it's no longer quotable, so unless you want to view the code of the entire page, you just get a "...".

(Yes, I gave it away. :P)
  • I know it's from that thread. It was kinda annoying there. But it is more annoying everywhere else it was used.
  • I am surprised at how many people haven't got it yet. I'm going to give everyone a hint, whenever nineless posts that he is saying something, and you can read it provide you find where he said it.
  • I'm fine with it, it makes him easier to ignore.
  • I am surprised at how many people haven't got it yet.I'm going to give everyone a hint, whenever nineless posts that he is saying something, and you can read it provide you find where he said it.
    That doesn't change the fact that it's obtuse and irritating.
    I'm fine with it, it makes him easier to ignore.
    I disagree. It's so different than everything else that it winds up standing out more. It's easy to ignore text amidst a sea of text, but what Nine is doing stands out much more than anything that anyone else is doing.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Really? I just ignored it.
  • I am surprised at how many people haven't got it yet.I'm going to give everyone a hint, whenever nineless posts that he is saying something, and you can read it provide you find where he said it.
    I don't use this forum to chat because I want to solve riddles on how to read someone's comments. I looked at the source of the page as soon as he started doing the "..." thing, to see if it was a script that posted automatically in the "Say something mean" thread. It isn't clever. It isn't even a fun game. It was one person dominating an entire thread that was, at one point, quite entertaining. But then, I thought, as long as it stayed in that one thread, I'll just stop reading it, and won't have to bother.

But then it started spreading. I'm surprised it took so long for Rym to start a new thread about it. If it was anyone else but Nineless, I'd not be too bothered, as it would be a passing phase. Unfortunately Nine's sociopathic tendencies, and his sheer lack of respect for anyone in a text based communication forum, means I've got to agree with ban now, or at least a final warning and a ban if he does anything like this again. Not just pissing people off, but doing something specifically designed to piss people off, and after succeeding, continuing despite people negative reactions.

Also, don't listen to the few people who say "Well, I ignore it" or "I find it fun" because they will actually post. Instead consider all the people who might just not bother reading the forum again to avoid this kind of shit.
  • I just want to point out that, yet again, you people have failed to ignore it.

Oh, and I consider it spam to make multiple useless posts. If I see two new ones starting now, I'll just ban.
  • I guess this is why other forum software doesn't let people use HTML willy nilly.
  • I guess this is why other forum software doesn't let people use HTML willy nilly.
    It's not a security hole or anything, it's just stupid. There's ways to do stupid stuff with BBCode too, as I'm sure you're aware.
  • Yes, Scott, we could just ignore it. But like Luke said and like you said, it is now officially spam, and no one wants that.
  • I'm fine with ignoring stuff. As I said, it's hard to ignore the complete domination of entire threads, threads that were once fun to read, by a single person spamming.
  • edited October 2010
    That's funny here I thought he was just making Golgo 13 jokes..
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited October 2010
    That's funny here I thought he was just making Golgo 13 jokes..
    If his avatar were Duke Togo, I could excuse maybe three more instead of two more.
    Post edited by Apreche on
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Sorry Nine my friend, but I agree with the banning if you keep it up. It was good for a day, but then it got so annoying.