This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Creavures!

edited February 2011 in Video Games
Muse Games' next game is coming really, really soon! Creavures is a platformer set in a magical forest, where you control five different creatures with unique abilities.

We're selling preorders via Kickstarter if you're interested.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Oooh! Interesting. What engine are you guys using for this one?

EDIT: Herp derp. Should have read the Kickstarter page. Still, very cool.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm guessing Unity ~_^
  • I really like the art style, and I can always enjoy games that feature cute, weird creatures. Definitely checking this one out!
  • I really like the art style
    That's me! I got to design the creatures and I modeled half of them! Hooray!
  • edited February 2011
    This is Kate:
    It is beautiful and I love the music. ^_^
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • The guy who bites to hang by his mouth is teh win.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    That's Bitey, he... bites.

Did I mention I work on this game too?
  • edited February 2011
    That's Bitey, he... bites.
    Bitey is an old friend of the FRC. He takes many forms.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • The trailers give me a big Trine vibe. Which is a good thing :D
  • I really like the art style
    That's me! I got to design the creatures and I modeled half of them! Hooray!
    Great job, Emily! I love them, they all look so huggable.
  • edited February 2011
    Creavures just went live on Steam! Play play play!
    Post edited by Alex on
  • We just went live on Steam! Play play play!
    I assume for those who purchased through Kickstarter, we get an activation code or redemption code?
  • edited February 2011
    If you donated, you can get the game through Steam or musegames.com at your choice. Just let us know on the kickstarter page. Or tell me here and I'll pass it on.
    Post edited by Alex on
  • edited February 2011
    Is there a reason you guys don't pay to get up in the big "now available" square? Is Valve really charging so much money for that ad spot, that it is not affordable? Also, $9 is a good price.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Is there a reason you guys don't pay to get up in the big "now available" square? Is Valve really charging so much money for that ad spot, that it is not affordable? Also, $9 is a good price.
    I'm not sure how they determine what goes in that list, actually. We're in the Mac one but not the PC one.
  • Is there a reason you guys don't pay to get up in the big "now available" square? Is Valve really charging so much money for that ad spot, that it is not affordable? Also, $9 is a good price.
    Yeah, actually we got that one for Guns, but not here. Thing is: we didn't shell out dollars for it, it was just decided from on high. I'll have someone ask about it!
  • Yeah, actually we got that one for Guns, but not here. Thing is: we didn't shell out dollars for it, it was just decided from on high. I'll have someone ask about it!
    Very interesting.
  • I found a handful of bugs in the game, but only one of them I would consider seriously needing a patch. I can't double-tap the analog stick on the XBox controller to flip to the other side of a vine. The d-pad is also disabled. I have to keep going back to the keyboard whenever I want to do it. It would also be nice if the on-screen help told me the gamepad buttons instead of the keyboard ones if it knows I am using a gamepad. At least have a screen that shows the layout somewhere.

Everything else is minor-ish. like I got stuck on the first spikes in the game once, and it wouldn't let me jump out. It just killed me very slowly. Spikes should either kill instantly, or let me escape. Killing slowly gives the impression that escape is possible, but it wasn't.
  • I found a handful of bugs in the game, but only one of them I would consider seriously needing a patch. I can't double-tap the analog stick on the XBox controller to flip to the other side of a vine. The d-pad is also disabled. I have to keep going back to the keyboard whenever I want to do it. It would also be nice if the on-screen help told me the gamepad buttons instead of the keyboard ones if it knows I am using a gamepad. At least have a screen that shows the layout somewhere.

Everything else is minor-ish. like I got stuck on the first spikes in the game once, and it wouldn't let me jump out. It just killed me very slowly. Spikes should either kill instantly, or let me escape. Killing slowly gives the impression that escape is possible, but it wasn't.
    Just showed this to Conrad.

"We are actively working on controller support," so says Conrad.
  • This looks really cool. I've been looking for gamepad games to play on my media center, like those console people do. This fits the bill perfectly. Purchasing.
  • This means I should get the Xbox controller for the PC, shouldn't I?
  • This means I should get the Xbox controller for the PC, shouldn't I?
    If you already have an XBox wired controller you are all set. If all your XBox controllers are wireless, you just need to get the adapter.
  • I'm looking into how well PS3 controllers work with the PC, as I remember Ro saying she had one.
  • edited February 2011
    This means I should get the Xbox controller for the PC, shouldn't I?
    If you already have an XBox wired controller you are all set. If all your XBox controllers are wireless, you just need to get the adapter.
    Oh, I do have a wired USB controller. SUCCESS! I don't need any fancy software do I?
    I'm looking into how well PS3 controllers work with the PC, as I remember Ro saying she had one.
    I did? I do not recall.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Oh, I do have a wired USB controller. SUCCESS! I don't need any fancy software do I?
    Windows should just take care of it automatically.
  • Must've been somepanda else. Just plug the XB controller into your PC and it should work if it's Vista or latter. XP might need a driver installing.
  • Oh, I do have a wired USB controller. SUCCESS! I don't need any fancy software do I?
    Windows should just take care of it automatically.
    Sweet. One less thing I have to purchase. I wonder what the shirt will look like since I gave the donation for the game and tshirt. I hope it's not black, but I'm almost sure it will be.