This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Creavures!

2»

Comments

• Ro, you should be able to just plug in a wired controller. For a wireless, you need one of these little do-das, they work great but not seen often in stores, best to grab off ebay.
  • I can't double-tap the analog stick on the XBox controller to flip to the other side of a vine. The d-pad is also disabled. I have to keep going back to the keyboard whenever I want to do it. It would also be nice if the on-screen help told me the gamepad buttons instead of the keyboard ones if it knows I am using a gamepad.
    I'm going to try to bat this one out between today and Monday. Expect a patch next week.
  • I can't double-tap the analog stick on the XBox controller to flip to the other side of a vine. The d-pad is also disabled. I have to keep going back to the keyboard whenever I want to do it. It would also be nice if the on-screen help told me the gamepad buttons instead of the keyboard ones if it knows I am using a gamepad.
    I'm going to try to bat this one out between today and Monday. Expect a patch next week.
    Sweet.
  • I'm looking into how well PS3 controllers work with the PC, as I remember Ro saying she had one.
    I have one. I used it for Just Cause 2. It can be set to emulate a 360 controller or can be assigned keyboard buttons manaully with this setup. It can work wired or bluetooth.
  • I'll buy it after my date tomorrow. ^_~ Priorities.
  • I patiently wait for my Steam code/credit.
  • I got my email from Conrad for my Steam code. Woot! I'll have to wait until this afternoon to play.
  • Sweet. One less thing I have to purchase. I wonder what the shirt will look like since I gave the donation for the game and tshirt. I hope it's not black, but I'm almost sure it will be.
    Yes, they are black. But styling!
  • Sweet. One less thing I have to purchase. I wonder what the shirt will look like since I gave the donation for the game and tshirt. I hope it's not black, but I'm almost sure it will be.
    Yes, they are black. But styling!
    They should be black-light glowy, like the game.
  • They should be black-light glowy, like the game.
  • Yes, they are black. But styling!
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping it would be purple like the colors in the trailer.

This will be the only black shirt I own.
  • Making this my first purchase ever on Steam. You can tell how long it's been since I last gamed regularly. XD;; This looks like a gorgeous, adorable game, though, and I really want to play it and support it.
  • Played the first few levels of it, and I have to pretty much agree with what Scott said. I look forward to the patch.

The game is very adorable and I really like the graphics. I have it at max settings and max resolution.
  • Just been playing with the x-box controller on the media center. Really enjoyed, noted the same issues as listed above and one other pretty kookie one.

I played right up to the introduction of the second character, the porcupine chap. Then my wife came home, and I wanted to show her the game, so I went to the main menu and started a new game. Only when it restarted it the porcupine chap was my character. As such I couldn't make the required jumps etc! Restarting a second time set everything to normal.

Oh last request... when you get to the end of a level, I'd love to be able to say CONTINUE without using the kb/mouse. I'm comfy on my couch with my wireless controller :D

Oh, also....my wife, who never games, hates all games, had a try, and enjoyed. You have no idea how big a deal that is!
  • Oh, also....my wife, who never games, hates all games, had a try, and enjoyed. You have no idea how big a deal that is!
    I've noticed in the final rounds of playtesting and in comments leading up to the release that women seemed to respond especially positive to the game.
  • That does work in our favor.
  • edited March 2011
    I haven't listened to it yet, but the latest episode of The PC Gamer Podcast has been dedicated to CreaVures.
    Edit: Listening to it, they're talking about DA2 most of the first half hour and then only discuss creavures a bit and hiss at eachother.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • So we did a thing. And by "thing" I mean "released an iPhone/iPad version of CreaVures". Available now for, like, a dollar.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/creavures/id453010095?mt=8
  • Will it work on an iPhone 3G?
  • edited April 2012
    So we did a thing. And by "thing" I mean "released an iPhone/iPad version of CreaVures". Available now for, like, a dollar.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/creavures/id453010095?mt=8
    I will buy that just to support you guys, even if I end up not being able to play it well. I wanted to buy the Steam one, but I still haven't bothered to get around to Portal, so we all know how that would go.

ETA: I've only played through the first level of the first chapter, and this game is already worth more than a dollar. Nice job, guys!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Will it work on an iPhone 3G?
    I'm afraid it won't. That's some old hardware.

• Any Android love?
  • Heh. Not "officially," not yet. It's been talked about, though.
  • Heh. Not "officially," not yet. It's been talked about, though.
    <3!