This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Try folding and then rolling your t-shirts. That will save a lot of space. Also, jeans can be worn for a week depending on what you are doing.
  • edited March 2011
    Suits and uniforms are trickier, because you can't roll it and keep it looking good, but there's a specific folding method there which won't apply to you.
    Actually, I'll likely need one suit for symposiums and the like, so if you would.
    rolling tobacco is about 12 pound for 50 gram
    Not so bad. I'll keep that in mind.
    Also, jeans can be worn for a week depending on what you are doing.
    I only own two pairs of jeans, anyway.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, I'll likely need one suit for symposiums and the like, so if you would.
    Well, the reason it doesn't apply is because it's a folding method for a suitcase, not a backpack. However, what I always did was put my suit jacket at the bottom, with the pants folded in half vertically and once horizontally inside, then layer of rolled clothes on top, then put the arms in over the rolled clothes. It will sit up the sides of the suitcase some, but it's a smooth curve, not a full right angle, so it shouldn't do very much to it.

Hm. Looking at the size of that backpack, possibly bend a wire hanger around so that the jacket hangs down though the pack, like a lining. pants can be folded and rolled as normal, ditto formal shirts, because both can be ironed. I can't really tell how well that will work, since I've never tried it before, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT - I've also found out that Cat Empire are coming to the UK and europe again this year, and when they do the UK, they generally do both Newcastle and Leeds, so I'd absolutely suggest you go along. Also, for pipe tobacco, Greens of Leeds is the place to go, and you can order from them online and have it mailed to you. Also, Be sure you have a chat to omnutia - He's a smart, savvy guy, and I'm pretty sure I would have had 200% more trouble making it through the UK without him.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I pack for two months of a very specific nature. I wear boring clothes on cruise ships, as I have to look smart and adhere to dress codes. Also I do laundry every week, or more often, when traveling. Then again I do manage to fit in suit jackets and a tuxedo. spending more money and getting my tux tailored from super non-crease fabric was the best decision I ever made.
  • I've also found out that Cat Empire are coming to the UK and europe again this year
    You now where they're not coming, at all? The states.
  • edited March 2011
    Girls in bow-ties. Hot?
    Always.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • You now where they're not coming, at all? The states.
    They'll be doing that first thing in 2012, because with all the dates they have this year, along with other stuff, they don't have time to do a US tour. And hey, it's better than 2004/2005 when they fucked off to Cuba for nearly 6 months.
  • edited March 2011
    Is there any substance you could put into a firework that would burn with an strong ultraviolet light?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2011
    Is there any substance you could put into a firework that would burn with an strong ultraviolet light?
    Grab a spectrometer and start setting shit on fire.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Is there any substance you could put into a firework that would burn with an strong ultraviolet light?
    Magnesium is your answer. As per the wikipedia article:
    On burning in air, magnesium produces a brilliant white light which includes strong ultraviolet.
  • I was hoping for just ultraviolet light.
  • Not really. That'd be crazy dangerous, too. An easy way to painlessly annihilate your retinas.
  • edited March 2011
    An easy way to painlessfully annihilate your retinas.
    FTFY
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, you don't feel any pain from UV eye damage while it happens. You don't realize anything happened until (typically) about 45 minutes later, when the cornea clouding starts.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, you don't feel any pain from UV eye damage while it happens. You don't realize anything happened until (typically) about 45 minutes later, when the cornea clouding starts.
    True shit - I've welded without shoes, without a shirt, without proper pants, without gloves, but fucked if I'll weld without eye protection. I've had welding flash/Arc Eye exactly once, and it was fucking horrible - and that's not even major permanent damage. You're both right - It doesn't hurt at first, but later on - around the same time the cornea clouding starts - it hurts like a motherfucker.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Who is faster Rainbow Dash or The Flash?
  • edited March 2011
    Who is faster Rainbow Dash or The Flash?
    The Flash.
    Rainbow Dash exceeded the speed of sound by a little; the Flash approaches relativistic speeds.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Rainbow Dash exceeded the speed of sound by a little; the Flash approaches relativistic speeds.
    Better than approaches, at time, he's been able to run fast enough to essentially time travel - oddly enough, IIRC, in both directions. Don't ask me, I don't know. Maybe he runs backwards, or something. Bloody Speed Force.
  • Fair enough; then my simplified initial post stands:
    The Flash > light > Rainbow Dash > sound
    The Stare >The Flash > light > Rainbow Dash > sound
    Just felt like adding my two cents.
  • I think The Stare still only travels at the speed of light.
    The Millenium Falcon > The Flash > light > Rainbow Dash > sound > a sloth
  • I think The Stare still only travels at the speed of light.
    It scares the photons into moving faster than they would normally.
  • what is the name of the manga/anime with the pretty boy hitler?
  • This?
    It's from Reform With No Wasted Draws: The Legend Of Koizumi.
  • Thanks. Is it just manga? Or is it an anime too?
  • No clue.
  • A quick google search shows that there's a manga (which is ongoing) and a 3-episode OVA.
  • Is it more proper to call your girlfriend chan or kun?