This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zompocalypse

edited April 2011 in Everything Else
Ok. So for this thread I would like you to design a team of 6 (5 including yourself) survivors to navigate the Zompocalypse. Now you can pick anyone you want alive or dead, real or fictional. The only stipulation is that your team must be human only (no mutants, meta-humans, psychic powers, espers,technopathy, empaths, aliens, magic users, robots, cyborgs, gods, demigods, power armor {power armor kind of makes you a cyborg} any kind of supernatural power, mystical weapons, shapeshifters, vampires, demons, half-demons, chi or ki or spirit force, djinn, do I really need to keep listing things here guys. come on you know what i am going for here.)!!! So create your team and please give reasons why you would pick each person.

Comments

• Six Geodudes. Can't lose.
  • The pokemon? Bro, humans only. And it you pick 5 people because you are one of the team members.
  • edited April 2011
    Myself, the God-Emperor of Mankind at the peak of his power, Hattori Hanzo (of myth), Tony Stark (in armor augmented with 41st Century technology), a Heroic-Level Cleric capable of casting "Turn Undead" and "Smite" in a radius big enough to engulf the earth, and maybe a really good Chef or something so I could eat well while my team purged the earth of the Zombie Menace. Iron Chef Sakai. Yeah.

Fuck yeah, Iron Chef Sakai.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • As so many zombie tales have taught us, one of the biggest dangers of a zombie survival scenario is the group falling apart from within. Ergo, the best choice of companions would be skilled friends; valuable people that you know would work well together. That said, here is my list:

Beekman - Smart as hell, natural leader, pragmatic, tech-savvy, a trained pilot, and loyal to me.
    Mark - Former field medic turned peace-lovin', hippie/wiccan who plans on living off the land in the mountains of NC for the rest of the year. An experienced third party not necessarily loyal/disloyal to anyone else in the group, and not so arrogant in his experience that he would attempt to take over.
    Erica - Kind of a wild card; loyal (in general), well-versed and prepared for a zombie outbreak, ex-military, good with a gun, but crazy.
    Code/Sova - Once again, military man, very smart, very pragmatic, but also kind of crazy. Would have to watch his interaction with Beekman; they would either clash horribly or get along extremely well.
    Churba - Duh

What all of these people have in common, including myself, is that they're in good physical shape. We can't have anybody slowing us down during a panic. They're also not people prone to drama; with these people disagreements take the form of discussions instead of arguments or shouting matches. I'm confident that my group could hold up very well to both the threat of zombies and the tension such a situation puts on a group of people.
  • a Heroic-Level Cleric capable of casting "Turn Undead" and "Smite" in a radius big enough to engulf the earth
    (no mutants, meta-humans, aliens, magic users, robots, cyborgs)
  • edited April 2011
    Clerics don't use magic, son. GTFO.

EDIT: Well, I suppose that depends on the setting. But the God-Emperor of Mankind could do it by himself.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited April 2011
    a Heroic-Level Cleric capable of casting "Turn Undead" and "Smite" in a radius big enough to engulf the earth
    "Casting." As in spells.

EDIT: Generally, I guess. Not always the case. Rescinded.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited April 2011
    There's always going to be some crazy loophole if you allow fictional characters. I think it would be more interesting if we restricted it to real people.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I was hoping people would use characters like John McClain or Mcguyver. That sort of thing.
  • And Windup. God-Emperor. Isn't he not human? Isn't he a God?
  • edited April 2011
    I was hoping people would use characters like John McClain or Mcguyver. That sort of thing.
    How about Peter Lemon or Dolph Lundgren? Even excluding dead people there are plenty of real-life badasses to choose from.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Yeah! That is what Im going for!!!
  • So restrict it to real, living people.
    No, he's a living human, kept alive by the complex machinery of the Golden throne.
  • So then he is a cyborg.
  • edited April 2011
    I dont want to restict it to "real" people because I want people to be able to include characters such as Jonny Appleseed, Rosie Rivter and again Mcguyver. Also wouldn't it be cool to have John Adams, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Rooselvet and Bill Clinton?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I dont want to restict it to living people because I want people to be able to include characters such as Jonny Appleseed, Rosie Rivter and again Mcguyver.
    Then you get people who might have lived but who's actual abilities have become obscured legend almost as ridiculous as the fictional characters you're trying to avoid.
    No, he's a living human, kept alive by the complex machinery of the Golden throne.
    I specified "at the height of his power" so that he wasn't integrated with machines. That way, he's just a transcendentally powerful human.

Also, Paul Bunyan.
  • But he has supernatural powers. He has psychic powers right? And power armor? And doesn't he have super natural orgins?
  • Paul Bunyan is ok. He is a human. Just very tall.
  • edited April 2011
    Paul Bunyan is ok. He is a human. Just very tall.
    He accidentally dug the fucking Grand Canyon with his axe.
    Also wouldn't it be cool to have John Adams, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Rooselvet and Bill Clinton?
    Just like it would be cool if you had John McClain or MacGyver, but just as allowing those two leaves annoying loopholes, so does allowing Lincoln and Roosevelt.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • But he has supernatural powers. He has psychic powers right? And power armor? And doesn't he have super natural orgins?
    His race is specified as human, and he is not a mutant. He might be a psychic, but yeah.

If Paul Bunyan is okay, the God-Emperor should be okay.
  • Hey, its gonna stay this way. I think I have pretty much everything covered now in the first post. Ill post my list later. It is too late for me to think straight and give cohernt reasons for my choices for my team right now. Well, I am looking forward to people's posts.
    That depends on which origin you subscribe to. In one, he's incredibly old and powerful, even before he ascends to the golden throne, and in the other, he's still incredibly old and powerful he's one of the first, if not the first, Psyker.
  • All Navy Seals.
  • edited April 2011
    All Navy Seals.
    Who would abandon your ass in a new york minute. You can't pay them to stay with you, because it's the apocalypse, and money is pretty much useless as anything but tinder. They already know survival skills, navigation, Practical skills such as constructing makeshift barracades, likely basic mechanical skills, Tactics and strategy, and the applicable skills with firearms and other weaponry - far better than you do, don't kid yourself, they're trained professionals - And honestly, you'd be nothing but a survival-impairing deadweight to them. Unless you've got some Crouching-tiger-hidden-badass kinda stuff going on here, You have literally nothing useful to offer them, and would only be a liability.

Better plan for you would be to pick up a team of competent people who are closer to your own level - simply because they're less likely to abandon you as deadweight, and you're more likely to be of benefit to them. Don't pick a group who are better at literally every single useful thing than you are, because you'll end up as, at best, a pack mule. We don't need to mention at worst, do we?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Obviously, but there was nothing in the question about whether the people would stick with me or not. If they are on my team, best chance for survival, no question.
  • edited April 2011
    Obviously, but there was nothing in the question about whether the people would stick with me or not. If they are on my team, best chance for survival, no question.
    True, But there is nothing to indicate they'll stick with you, either. The TEAM has the best chance of survival, but you personally, not so much.
    Post edited by Churba on