This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRCF Radio (MuMuPlayer)

edited April 2011 in Everything Else
So there's this awesome webapp called MuMuPlayer, which lets up to five people get in a room and chat while uploading and listening to music from each person. I thought, given our wildly varied musical tastes, that it would be really cool to have a channel for the forum -- So I made a few. Currently three, though its trivially easy to add more rooms if more people want in. Here they are:

FRCF Radio 1
FRCF Radio 2
FRCF Radio 3

Let's give it a go, huh?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm in
    EDIT: Alright, this is pretty awesome
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • If Jason and I ever get into the room at the same time, galaxies will disappear.
  • If Jason and I ever get into the room at the same time, galaxies will disappear.
    Yes, they will disappear into your giant hole of emo rock suck.
  • We need more people in Radio 2.
  • I will do this all day at work tomorrow. Who's with me?
  • Radio channel 1 is the best. All others can't touch our awesomeness.
  • Except it can only hold 5 people at a time.
  • edited April 2011
    This would do well as a phone app. Is there one?
    Post edited by Pegu on
    I'll be in and out, yeah.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm frequently having it say I disconnected but I can still see things in the chatbox and the music keeps playing but I can't do anything. It's probably just my internet connection but still, it's annoying bug.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I'm frequently having it say I disconnected but I can still see things in the chatbox and the music keeps playing but I can't do anything. It's probably just my internet connection but still, it's annoying bug.
    That happened to me and now I'm locked out :/
  • I'm frequently having it say I disconnected but I can still see things in the chatbox and the music keeps playing but I can't do anything. It's probably just my internet connection but still, it's annoying bug.
    That happened to me and now I'm locked out :/
    Same here. Pegu ninja'd you, and you may have just ninja'd me.
  • The limit of users in this thing sucks; Five people in a room is tiny. I'm tempted to rewrite it as an App Engine app; That, or set up a shoutcast server, a little bit of php, and an IRC chatroom.
  • Same here. Pegu ninja'd you, and you may have just ninja'd me.
    I'm out now, go for it.
  • The limit of users in this thing sucks; Five people in a room is tiny. I'm tempted to rewrite it as an App Engine app; That, or set up a shoutcast server, a little bit of php, and an IRC chatroom.
    I like having five people; it gives everyone a chance to get their music in at reasonable intervals and keeps discussion focused. The problem is that it freaks out and kicks me every five minutes, and puts my music at the bottom when I come back.
  • We have one vacancy in Radio One, hands-down the most awesome radio station. Currently streaming: Man Man, Gogol Bordello, Goran Bregovic.
    I like having five people; it gives everyone a chance to get their music in at reasonable intervals and keeps discussion focused. The problem is that it freaks out and kicks me every five minutes, and puts my music at the bottom when I come back.
    You could come up with more intersting sharding than that, though. I imagine a message that says "Your room has reached 8 people, now subdividing!" and splitting people up randomly. Or doing it based on the length of the playlist - if you've got more than x songs queued, and there's y people contributing songs, split.
  • This is good practice for me to make Radio station bumps at a fairly quick pace.
    I'll be in and out, yeah.
    I'll be in and out too. Currently in Radio 1 waiting for somepony to come play musics with me.
  • Is it just me or are none of the links working?
  • edited April 2011
    MuMu might be down. T_T
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • New shit-talk project: create our own mumu.
  • I'm in Radio 1. Let's do it.
  • Feeling lonely in Radio 2.
  • edited April 2011
    Feeling lonely in Radio 2.
    then go to radio 1. That's where I'll be.

EDIT: NEver mind, I'll be in radio 2 mixing some dance.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Hanging out in room 1 with Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, and other EDT-morning mellow music. Feel free to drop in and mix it up.
  • I just thought of the perfect song for this thing. "Lady Aberlin's MuMu" by Joco
  • Now playing in Room 1: Toucan and Parrott Electric Utility Show, soon to be followed by Music to Buy Toasters By, both from the 1964 World's Fair. After that, it's anybody's guess.
  • I'm in, contributing some Glitch Mob, El-P, Busdriver and Venetian Snares.
  • Feeling a little lonely in room one. Playing some Warren Zevon.