This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Missing episodes?

edited May 2011 in GeekNights
Been listening to Geeknight CONSTANTLY on my i-pod since starting my new job. This podcast keeps me sane! Oddly though, I keep hearing mention of past episodes that sound AMAZING, most specifically a final thoughts review on "Big O", one of my FAVORITE anime! It was mentioned quite clearly that there had been a show on it during the Trigun final thoughts podcast, but I can't find it ANYWHERE! Google searches all came up totally blank. Aside from one podcast episode where "Big O 2" was mentioned as a topic (but not actually reviewed), I keep coming up empty. Any ideas where this phantom episode went off to?

Comments

• Right here.

There are other episodes more true to the title "Phantom Episodes", but I'll leave you to find those on your own ;^)

Oh god I'm turning into Rym.
  • Actually, I was referring the "The BIg O" final thoughts episode that was MENTIONED in the Trigun episode. Already have the Trigun final thoughts, and I've listening to it a few times. Nope, it's "Big O" I'm after! And not just the podcast where they mention Big O 2 in passing, but the full on, Big O and Big O 2 final thoughts episode!

......that or directions to SOMEONE who can actually clarify just what the hell happened at the end of that series for me. ^_^;
  • edited May 2011
    ...that or directions to SOMEONE who can actually clarify just what the hell happened at the end of that series for me.
    In short? There was supposed to be a third season, but US audiences suck, so Williams Street didn't get it, and now we're stuck with a cliffhanger forever. The most popular interpretation of the ending is that it was a slapdash way to end a canned series, and the third season would have tied all the loose ends up. Can't remember if the creator has spoken on this or not.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • now we're stuck with a cliffhanger forever.
    I wouldn't call the end of Big O 2 a cliffhanger. All loose ends were tied up as being irrelevent.

Also, Final Thoughts on Big O II. Also, our original review of Big O.

Both were found by using the GeekNights search for "Big O."
    I wouldn't call the end of Big O 2 a cliffhanger. All loose ends were tied up as being irrelevent.

Well, yeah, but in terms of the ending the creator wanted, we'll never see it.
  • Been listening to Geeknight CONSTANTLY on my i-pod since starting my new job. This podcast keeps me sane!
    Sounds like someone's cruising for a GeekNights burnout. Better mix it up dude! I think the brain encounters approximately 10x more things worth remembering when listening to this podcast versus others, but the mind can only handle so much.
  • Been listening to Geeknight CONSTANTLY on my i-pod since starting my new job. This podcast keeps me sane!
    Sounds like someone's cruising for a GeekNights burnout. Better mix it up dude! I think the brain encounters approximately 10x more things worth remembering when listening to this podcast versus others, but the mind can only handle so much.
    Agreement! I really should change it up a bit, but the only other good Podcast I know of is the Transformers podcast at TFW2005, and I've already been through the one's of those I'm interested in. >< Got any suggestions? :3
  • Agreement! I really should change it up a bit, but the only other good Podcast I know of is the Transformers podcast at TFW2005, and I've already been through the one's of those I'm interested in. >< Got any suggestions? :3
    That's the ONLY podcast you know of? Really? Your karate is extremely slow.

O_O How the heck.......I searched that darn thing like 20 times, and THAT never popped up! Thanks bunches. ( ;

Although I hate to say it, but BOTH those links where to the Big O 2 final thoughts episode. :P
  • I suggest the podcast thread on this very forum.
  • Agreement! I really should change it up a bit, but the only other good Podcast I know of is the Transformers podcast at TFW2005, and I've already been through the one's of those I'm interested in. >< Got any suggestions? :3
    That's the ONLY podcast you know of? Really? Your karate is extremely slow.
    True enough. XD I only really discovered the beauty of podcasts recently, and after a bad experience with a My Little Pony podcast (I think their intro theme was played on a TAPE RECORDER HELD UP TO A CRAPPY MICROPHONE!), I've been a bit worried about finding others that can hold up to the quality of Geeknights and WTF@TFW. ^^;
  • I've been a bit worried about finding others that can hold up to the quality of Geeknights
    Anime World Order, Fast Karate for the Gentleman, NPR's It's All Politics, 12 Byzantine Rulers, Norman Centuries, Pseudopod (to name a few).
  • What sort of podcasts are you looking for?
  • What sort of podcasts are you looking for?
    Hard to say really......I'm a geek with a pretty broad spectrum of interests. ^_^; I DO enjoy podcasts that go in-depth with thoughts about certain episodes or franchises though....it's quite fun to see series or specific episodes of a good franchise anaylized bit by bit! That's why I enjoy Final Thoughts so much!
  • I've been a bit worried about finding others that can hold up to the quality of Geeknights
    Anime World Order, Fast Karate for the Gentleman, NPR's It's All Politics, 12 Byzantine Rulers, Norman Centuries, Pseudopod (to name a few).
    Don't forget Radio Lab.

Also, if you are into technology news and commentary, check out the TWiT network. My favorite there is Security Now.
  • Well in the handy dandy notebook.
  • Well in the handy dandy notebook.
  • You guys got me. Everytime I refer to "handy dandy" I think about Blue's Clues. Not gonna lie, I enjoy watching that show when it came out on TV, and I don't have any younger siblings.
  • I have some episodes on VHS and I don't care if I don't have that young of siblings that show was awesome.
  • I have some episodes on VHS and I don't care if I don't have that young of siblings that show was awesome.
    There should be episodes available on instant Netflix.
  • Blues Clues is not awesome. Sorry. I watched it like twice with younger siblings.

Finders Keepers, now that was the shit.
  • Blues Clues is not awesome. Sorry. I watched it like twice with younger siblings.

Finders Keepers, now that was the shit.
    I don't trust the opinion of someone who has no soul or heart for adorable cute animals and talking household objects.
  • 130 episodes streaming. I know what I'm doing over the summer.
  • Finders Keepers, now that was the shit.
    I used to watch reruns of that, it was pretty great. Like all the fun of watching the temple part of Legends of the Hidden Temple, but without the frustration watching the retarded kids who couldn't figure out how to put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.
  • the retarded kids who couldn't figure out how to put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.
    If I ever meet one of those kids I will hit them so hard.
  • So are you a child abuser or a pedophile?
  • the retarded kids who couldn't figure out how to put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.
    Legends of the Hidden Temple failures make for some of the best YouTube videos ever. I saw one once where the kid who started the temple run got his portion done in near record time, ran out to tag his partner in, and she got stuck in a room and just kind of stood around confused for 60 seconds. I almost broke my TV.
    Legends of the Hidden Temple failures make for some of the best YouTube videos ever. I saw one once where the kid who started the temple run got his portion done in near record time, ran out to tag his partner in, and she got stuck in a room and just kind of stood around confused for 60 seconds. I almost broke my TV.
    First of all, the stronger player should always go into the temple second since the random inescapable guards make it nearly impossible for someone to beat the entire temple alone even with full medallions.
  • They should make the final round of the Omegathon like Legends of the Forbidden Temple.