This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

midnight snack ritual

I take a cheese wiz toast cover it in regular chips and chipotle sauce then surf my laptop until i fall asleep, usually two slices do me. For a drink I usually stick to milk or water.

Comments

• I always keep some snacks (of varying healthfulness, from M+Ms and Oreos to Kashi bars) in my room. Largely for a quick bite while playing games.
  • Peanut butter sandwich with milk.
  • I make a really thick PB&J with strawberry preserves (the best kind of jelly-substance) and smooth peanut butter. I have to eat it over a napkin, as the preserves tend to leak out of the sandwich. Add to that a tall glass of milk, and I'm in PB&J paradise.
  • Ice cream and pie.
  • Dried cherries. Seriously. This is what the ambrosia of the gods is made of.
  • edited May 2011
    Bay's English muffin with cream cheese. Apple cider.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Gouda on crackers.
  • Given my sleep schedule, "midnight snack" is more like "dinner."
  • Gouda on crackers.
    Smoked or unsmoked?
  • edited May 2011
    Gouda on crackers.
    Smoked or unsmoked?
    Whichever I felt like buying at the time. I generally prefer it unsmoked and made from goat's milk, though.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I don't do midnight snack. I actually sleep.
  • It's a toss up between midnight fruit attack or midnight novel writing.
  • Blue cheese + crackers or sun dried tomato + cheddar cheese + crackers.

Or just crackers. Any kind. Cheese is best.
  • Inside out grilled cheese.
    Midnight snack: Smug superiority.
    You never burn the midnight oil? Never have a game you just can't put down, and play into the wee hours?
  • edited May 2011
    I don't do midnight snack. I actually sleep.
    You never burn the midnight oil? Never have a game you just can't put down, and play into the wee hours?
    I'm fairly sure Scott has been noted by other FRC members in other threads as forgoing OTC medicines and dealing with a headache just because he doesn't want to deal with what acetaminophen and the like could *potentially* do to your body. If anyone here is likely to adhere to the 6-8 hour rule rigidly all the days of his life, it's Scott.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    I'm fairly sure Scott has been noted by other FRC members in other threads as forgoing OTC medicines and dealing with a headache just because he doesn't want to deal with what acetaminophen and the like could *potentially* do to your body. If anyone here is likely to adhere to the 6-8 hour rule rigidly all the days of his life, it's Scott.
    hahahaha

Man, midnight is when games get good. Your a bit sleepy, maybe playing some Dead Space or such... Nice snack by your side. Creates the best atmosphere. Sure, you might be a bit tired the next day, but as BSG put it so eloquently, "You can sleep when your dead". :)
  • Crackers topped with peanut butter or thinly-sliced pepperoni. Both if I'm feeling adventurous.
  • Does it count as snacking if you get out of work after 10? I consider it a very late dinner at that point.
  • So what is the definition of a midnight snack, then? Is it a snack you have when you've stayed up really late? Or is it a snack you have when you get up in the middle of the night?
  • Man, midnight is when games get good. Your a bit sleepy, maybe playing some Dead Space or such... Nice snack by your side. Creates the best atmosphere. Sure, you might be a bit tired the next day, but as BSG put it so eloquently, "You can sleep when your dead". :)
    My favorite thing is a bag of M+Ms and some really disturbing creepypasta, or playing Penumbra or some such game.

Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me. Can't sleep clown will eat me.
  • I only eat about an average of two meals a day, that is unless I stay up late. When I don't have class or work early the next day my midnight snack usually becomes my 3rd meal. I never really have any handy snacks on hand,so I'll end up either eating leftovers, making something, or eat 1-2 massive bowls of cereal.
  • So what is the definition of a midnight snack, then? Is it a snack you have when you've stayed up really late? Or is it a snack you have when you get up in the middle of the night?
    I'd say either. I'm not a person who wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, but I am a person who stays up late enough to get hungry.
  • I've never, in my life, woken up to eat and then return to sleep overnight.
  • I've never, in my life, woken up to eat and then return to sleep overnight.
    Yeah. The only time I have midnight snack is when I pull an all nighter and need fuel. Usually it is along the lines of a drink, Tea or Redbull, and bread or some sort of canned ravioli or soup. I've gotten thirty at night, but I am never hungry.
  • edited May 2011
    I've never, in my life, woken up to eat and then return to sleep overnight.
    Is that what a midnight snack is? I thought it was just a snack you eat if you happen to already be up at midnight and need some food....
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Well, I for one would very much rather avoid midnight snakes.
  • Well, I for one would very much rather avoid midnight snakes.
    Damn my brain.. Damn it to hell.
  • edited May 2011
    I've never, in my life, woken up to eat and then return to sleep overnight.
    Me neither, unless I woke up in the middle of the night and just couldn't get back to sleep.

I think I thought that's what it was because there's this image floating around in my head that I definitely picked up from TV over the course of my life, of a middle-aged man in pajamas making a giant sandwich in a dark kitchen by the light of the refrigerator.

EDIT: A-ha!
    Post edited by Funfetus on