This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Server: Sphericus

Comments

• Prep the UPSs!
  • Added merchants and a blacksmith at spawn.
  • My new little side project:
  • Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes made of ticky-tacky

That pack is rather nice. Building something behind them 1000 or so blocks back. Trying to use the same style if you need to add it to the city.
  • The server will be down for a few hours while I clean and rearrange my play room.
  • You have a play room?
  • You have a play room?
    Doesn't everyone?
  • You have a play room?
    Doesn't everyone?
    I own a house. The finished basement is my play room. Lisa hates it down here, so I can do whatever I want with it. I've got my computers, books, TV, vidjagames, couch, recliner, exercise equipment, movies, a queen-sized bed....
  • Better than the couch :)
  • edited June 2011
    Well that was truly bizarre. I unplugged my computers to move the room around, and when I reconnected everything the server didn't work. It turns out that somehow this changed the port forwarding... ? It's ironed out now, but boy was that weird.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited June 2011
    I've been looking around and I'm wondering if anyone's built much. The sphere's don't seem to offer much in the way of building materials.

When 1.7 comes out, we could reboot to a blank standard world.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I've completely deconstructed one of the landmasses in my sphere, but you're totally right, not much by way of materials at all. Not a singe block of iron ore.
  • When 1.7 comes out, we could reboot to a blank standard world.
    Agreed. The spheres were novel at first, but they are pretty inconvenient when it comes to gathering resources and moving about.
  • The spheres are interesting, but the problem is that there is no easy way to get around and see what other people have done.
  • I think the spheres idea is still worth being played but it needs to be tweaked so each sphere is solid all the way through. Still have bridges interconnecting all of them of course. And if possible for example have a whole desert,ice, forest, water sphere.
  • Wow that looks better than I thought.
  • Is that your Man-Cave? (I fucking hate that term with a passion.)
  • (I fucking hate that term with a passion.)
    What? Why?
  • What? Why?
    It's just a stupid term for a room.
  • I've never seen a redneck with a Mac. Until now.

Those are really pretty funny in an "I-can-chuckle-at-this-because-it's-only-90-seconds" kind of way.
  • Those are such a perfect parody of the South.
  • edited June 2011
    I'd buy their Joe and Buzz American Shower Defender 3000.

EDIT:
    These two are completely right. In this video...

And this is a real fucking issue!

You know, I could just add video after video, but you know what? I like all of these guys' videos.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Scragempop that is now a word to.
  • Just finished the second floor. Attic next then moving on to next house.

• How is bukkit handing the new update Jason?
  • Same as always. In a couple of days, they'll put out a patch. Until then, don't upgrade.
  • New update and a reset map! With the flat terrain and funky houses, it reminds me of Holland.

Anyway, I smell adventure!